3 letter B’s down

Nikola

Loot boxes can be implemented correctly in a fair manner and I would most likely place it in I developed a multiplayer game. But exploiting games for revenue aren’t the greatest way of making money, I find that consumer confidence often is the key to success.

That’s why I feel Sony exclusives have been having great sales and it’s because people know they’re most likely going to be great. But that’s my take on the situation. 

Who else is hyped for single player focused narritives like God of War and The Last of Us Part II? 

• Like 1

God of War should be safe, but Last of Us 2 is far enough away that it's probably fucked. SIE's CEO changed recently, and the new CEO said he's interested in shoving microtransactions into every game now. Add to that the fact that Naughty Dog is developing it and you have a disaster waiting to happen. Fuck Naughty Dog. The way they handle MTs in Uncharted 4 is absolutely abhorrent.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

Good point my man, The new CEO has been a big part of the PSN and online aspects of PlayStation. That could happen, but yet again Sony has changed a lot as a company over the years and they are making big bank on the SIE division already. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

Who know’s maybe he’ll get microtransactions right. 

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

God of War should be safe, but Last of Us 2 is far enough away that it's probably fucked. SIE's CEO changed recently, and the new CEO said he's interested in shoving microtransactions into every game now. Add to that the fact that Naughty Dog is developing it and you have a disaster waiting to happen. Fuck Naughty Dog. The way they handle MTs in Uncharted 4 is absolutely abhorrent.

The last of us 2 is a single player focused game so no need to worry about micro transactions effecting your game lol

2 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The last of us 2 is a single player focused game so no need to worry about micro transactions effecting your game lol

The Last of Us 2 will almost certainly have multiplayer so they'll be in there in some capacity. If we're lucky it'll be cosmetic items only that we can ignore. If not it'll be lootboxes. Then again by the time TLOU 2 comes out the current backlash against them will hopefully have put that idea to bed

• Like 1

I have liked the Uncharted multiplayer’s but I never liked TLOU multiplayer one bit. When it comes to Naughty Dog and Multiplayer, you can bet your ass it will be filled with microtransactions. Luckily it’s no loot boxes and you buy the items individually. 

I have only bought the Skelzor skin in Uncharted 3 and the Frontier rifle in TLOU. 

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

That didn't stop Shadow of War.

But it effected the gameplay in no way. Really I dont get why y'all freak out about these loot boxes so much if you don't want to buy them don't. I hate them as well but guess what I don't purchase them and I still enjoy the hell out of the game maybe y'all should try the same thing....