Soul Calibur 6?

Dantes_994

1 hour ago, Piano Reeves said:

Who gives a crap about the story in a fighting game?

You might not, but there are plenty of others who do. No need to belittle them for it. But I'm mainly hoping it will cover the entire timeline for the reason I mentioned - to allow characters from the entire series to make an appearance and not just those from the very first SoulCalibur.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

You might not, but there are plenty of others who do.

I don't know anyone who does and I'm a member of 8wayrun.com, the biggest community dedicated to Soul Calibur. Btw, the very first game was actually Soul Blade on PS1.

Just in case you're too young or too casual to remember: ?

Spoiler

129449564f9da6aadf839caou2.png sc1sbpck.png sc27uow9.png sc3wip1x.png sc42uqqu.png sc5dlqeu.png scbd93pby.png scldgr18.png

Edited by Piano Reeves

4 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

I don't know anyone who does

That's what we call anecdotal evidence.

4 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

Btw, the very first game was actually Soul Blade on PS1.

Just in case you're too young or too casual to remember: ?

Oh, you mean the game I imported back when it was first released in Japan?

:

DSC01406.JPG

Yeah, I'm old enough to have followed this series since the beginning. You really should climb down from that high horse of yours.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, The High Ground said:

Im just gonna say....Sophitia...daaaaaamnnnn gurrrrrl lol

dont agree completely but I see how you didnt include 3...myyy man lol 3 was amazing I loved that story army mode thingy

I liked part 3. Just not as much as 2. Maybe that's the reason it doesn't follow up to the other parts for me. It was definitely better than 5 though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virdeborn said:

I want to see Hwang return. And ZWEI - although that's less likely :(

Z.W.E.I. is probably still a child at the time of SC6.

EDIT: just read that SC6 will be a retelling/reboot of SC1. Holy s**t again.

EDIT 2: so, they released Tekken 7, announced Ace Combat 7 which is coming soon, now this... WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO ANNOUNCE RIDGE RACER 8?

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

Really? I thought Zwei was really popular? 

I have no idea if he's popular or not, but the timeline basically dictates which characters are in or out. As others have already mentioned, this game takes place before the time skip and he'd be too young at that point.

2 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

I don't think it will be a reboot, I think they said that SOME parts of SC1 will be revisited 

The trailer sure hints at it being an alternative timeline that takes place "In the shadow" of the established one.

I liked SC2 but had passed on the last three SC games.  Now this one has my interest.  The Reversal Edge system sounds cool.

It was rumored that a weapon break system like Soul Edge was thought about, but that it got scrapped.  Glad they didn't do this, because that was one thing I disliked in SE.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Lance_87 said:

WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO ANNOUNCE RIDGE RACER 8?

That, and Time Crisis 5 (the arcade version's ending is a real cliffhanger, just like Razing Storm's... what next?).

6 hours ago, The High Ground said:

so wait is the a reboot, retelling of 1 im confused

I think that there will be some kind of time traveling thingy. Like parts of the game are in various SC games but most takes place in SC6 :D If you look closely you can see parts of SC1,2,3,4,5 and completely new places in the first trailer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

If you look closely you can see parts of SC1,2,3,4,5 and completely new places in the first trailer. 

Huh? Pretty sure they only show alternative timeline for the very first SC in all of the footage released so far?

But I would gladly take a story similar to MK9, where you get to play through the entire timeline again but with a different outcome. I really need more ZWEI.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...