Walking Dead Collection Trophy Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

They’re trying to bunch all of them together to get people that never bought it but were thinking about it, to buy it, it’s not as dramatic as you’re acting like it is 

20 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

Nothing dramatic, simply cheap way to make some extra money.

Round 1! FIGHT!

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 3

Damn it, a new whole list? I thought it'd be a shared list possibly. I was gonna get this because I don't have any physical copies of the games, and it really does seem handy to have all games on one disc. Though it doesn't make sense that they release this when there's still Season 4 yet to come... And yeah, way trophy list is adjusted is rather odd. Eh, I'll skip out on this, I'll see if they make a truly whole collection when Season 4 rolls out so that I can have all games physically, I ain't gonna get myself ripped off by Telltale, I've already given them enough money with some of the games I've stacked already. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez

6 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The thing I don't  understand is why have they released 'The collection' when they're making one more season which will be the final?

That's what exactly I thought it would.

Telltale Games has fucking things up yet again. I mean wait until the final season has finished it and then bundle it all up together. For now the trophy list is easy. But it will be time consuming. A LONG Walkthrough!

How shitty... Could they wait until Season 4 is released? Could they re-draw pictures to make all trophies pictures look similar and beauty?

Could they just give us separate lists and give Season 2 a Platinum?

Could they make situational trophies cause they now know whole game (Like in Back to the Future)?

So many questions... and so few answers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PlayAsGod said:

How shitty... Could they wait until Season 4 is released? Could they re-draw pictures to make all trophies pictures look similar and beauty?

Could they just give us separate lists and give Season 2 a Platinum?

Could they make situational trophies cause they now know whole game (Like in Back to the Future)?

So many questions... and so few answers.

They could do all those things, but they take effort. The answer is laziness.

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

This is so fucking weird.

I'm reading through the list, "oh cool, it's just beat the episodes now, that's cool, no individual Telltale game really deserves a plat, but 3 or 4 of them and it's like okay, I get it", then I keep reading and ultimately come to this point,

Why the fuck is all of season three's list in here?

Like, let's actually look at this.

As far as I know, a plat's gotta be 1170 points, right? AKA, 11 gold and the plat itself is the minimum you could get away with. Plats are 180, so you're left with 990 to distribute, AKA 11 golds. Each gold is worth 90, each silver is worth 30, and a bronze is 15. Why did the not do something like this

WD S1

Ep 1 - silver (30)

Ep 2 - silver (60)

Ep 3 - silver (90)

Ep 4 - silver (120)

Ep 5 - silver (150)

400 - silver (180)

Complete season - gold (270)

WD S2

Ep 1 - silver (300)

Ep 2 - silver (330)

Ep 3 - silver (360)

Ep 4 - silver (390)

Ep 5 - silver (420)

Complete season - gold (510)

WD S3 

Ep 1 - silver (540)

Ep 2 - silver (570)

Ep 3 - silver (600)

Ep 4 - silver (630)

Ep 5 - silver (660)

Complete season - gold (750)

Michonne

Ep 1 - silver (780)

Ep 2 - silver (810)

Ep 3 - silver (840)

Complete season - gold (930)

Complete every episode in all main seasons - silver (960)

Complete every episode in the entire collection - silver (990)

990 plus the 180 platinum trophy hits the requirement perfectly, and you've also got a consistent list that makes sense and doesn't devote half the bloody thing's entirety to the third season out of nowhere. No plat, or a shitload of plats, either would have made more sense than this. Michonne is worth 1000 GS for shit's sake.

The limit is actually 1230 points, but yeah your list is way better than what we have here.

6 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

You guys are overthinking a list waaaaayyyy too hard.

In what way?

That is indeed a weird trophy list :dunno: No idea why they made the Michonne trophies gold while everything else is bronze.

I don't plan on playing the games again anytime soon, but I think I'll give it another go when I see it on sale. Not the biggest fan of Michonne or Season 2, though. 

Anyone have a source for these supposed financial problems telltale is suffering from? Would like to know more about it and how the hell they messed up when they have licenses like mine craft and game of thrones.

On topic, the list looks awful but I was expecting and hoping for a single list just not like this. Will be buying it and skipping through everything as it will be my 4th time through each season and 3rd time through Michonne.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Michonne is worth 1000 GS for shit's sake.

MS had raised the arcade cap to 400 by this time. They didn't want this to have more GS than your standard game. It also released same day as Xbox One version (all Xbox One games have a base of 1000GS), so I guess they wanted parity between both Xbox's lists.

I don't see what GS has to do with things anyway, first game had a plat and Xbox got half the equivalent value with 500GS.

It's a pretty ugly list, but Telltale hasn't had good trophy lists for a long time (The Wolf Among Us still had neat trophy images and it + Minecraft Season 1 experimented with having some more "missable/random" trophies, but the last actually good trophy lists were for their older games like Sam & Max and Back to the Future). Unfortunately The Walking Dead S1 changed Telltale's game development (and trophy ideas) for good and we're unlikely to ever have another good Sam & Max-like game :P

Edited by zadorvp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The thing I don't  understand is why have they released 'The collection' when they're making one more season which will be the final?

Because they know trophy hunters will eat this shit up because easy platinums = Easy £££

Personally i've played every game twice, don't need to do it again.. I used to love Telltale but they're not getting another penny out of me until they stop giving me games that are only 4 hours long.. i'll be renting the next walking dead

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1