Walking Dead Collection Trophy Thoughts?

On 2/25/2018 at 0:28 PM, K0t0bl1tz said:

Ugh, what a lazy trophy list... I'm yet to play the third season, so I'll get the collection when it's super cheap on a sale some time after. If I'm in my shameless trophy whoring mode by then:comp:

I'm thinking of a silent run, not picking anything unless forced to. Never tried that before in any Telltale game.

You get the collection free now with a pre-order of the new season coming out

On 12/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

This is so fucking weird.

I'm reading through the list, "oh cool, it's just beat the episodes now, that's cool, no individual Telltale game really deserves a plat, but 3 or 4 of them and it's like okay, I get it", then I keep reading and ultimately come to this point,

Why the fuck is all of season three's list in here?

Like, let's actually look at this.

As far as I know, a plat's gotta be 1170 points, right? AKA, 11 gold and the plat itself is the minimum you could get away with. Plats are 180, so you're left with 990 to distribute, AKA 11 golds. Each gold is worth 90, each silver is worth 30, and a bronze is 15. Why did the not do something like this

WD S1

Ep 1 - silver (30)

Ep 2 - silver (60)

Ep 3 - silver (90)

Ep 4 - silver (120)

Ep 5 - silver (150)

400 - silver (180)

Complete season - gold (270)

WD S2

Ep 1 - silver (300)

Ep 2 - silver (330)

Ep 3 - silver (360)

Ep 4 - silver (390)

Ep 5 - silver (420)

Complete season - gold (510)

WD S3 

Ep 1 - silver (540)

Ep 2 - silver (570)

Ep 3 - silver (600)

Ep 4 - silver (630)

Ep 5 - silver (660)

Complete season - gold (750)

Michonne

Ep 1 - silver (780)

Ep 2 - silver (810)

Ep 3 - silver (840)

Complete season - gold (930)

Complete every episode in all main seasons - silver (960)

Complete every episode in the entire collection - silver (990)

990 plus the 180 platinum trophy hits the requirement perfectly, and you've also got a consistent list that makes sense and doesn't devote half the bloody thing's entirety to the third season out of nowhere. No plat, or a shitload of plats, either would have made more sense than this. Michonne is worth 1000 GS for shit's sake.

Really like this idea.. solid thinking, man!

On 12/2/2017 at 7:49 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

The thing I don't  understand is why have they released 'The collection' when they're making one more season which will be the final?

Because there are “collections” and then there are “complete collections” (i.e. “the walking dead collection” versus “the walking dead: the complete collection”) lol

yeah it is pretty dumb tho.. I got it for free so I can’t complain.. $20 USD to preorder the final season plus get the collection for free (never played michonne’s mini series until the collection). I would say it was well worth it money wise

• 7 months later...

I doubt that there will be a COMPLETE collection seeing that Telltales is dead.

But in a true Walking Dead fashion, it will become a walker and give birth to a complete collection seeing that Skybound is releasing the final season on a disc (as a game pass like Batman S1.) ?

If that does happen, I'll probably skip it seeing that I've completed S1 and S2 three times (PS3/4/Vita) each and I'm on this collection run-through and I'm sick of S2 (just one more episode! Hurrah!)  which is probably the worst one in the entire series (haven't played the final season yet, just waiting for the disc game pass released at the end of month.)

Probably. Knowing that I'm a trophy whore so I may pick up the ultimate collection edition after a few months when retailers slash their prices.