Prison finale - wanted level stars won't go away or even blink!

rockstarjazz

i set aside 5 hours for me and my buddies to whizz through all the heists in one sitting and confident we could do this.

but f*ck me, we couldnt even get past the second one because in the finale the wanted stars are solid and never blink when we are in the plane!!!!! this REALLY pissed me off

we retsrarted the checkpoint, restarted the whole finale from scratch, even restarted our consoles and reconnected, and still the same problem.the

the wanted stars simply wont blink, it stays solid and the map blinks red even if theres no police nearby. i fly close to the city and away again to 'lose the cops'. i fly sky high. i even landed and flew off again. we tried different permutations of roles so ohers can fly and no luck.

googling this shows this is common on ALL platforms. why does this happen????

is there a workaround on this? we want the loyalty 1million money

I encountered the same glitch as you back when I played the heists (I did it with the same crew for the bonus just like you're intending to do). And just like you said, it's a widespread issue on all platforms. 

The issue is the "connection/lag" between the players, based on what I gathered online and what I experienced in-game. You most probably have 2 or more players with a bit laggy/slow internet connection. If these 2 are on the same vehicle during ANY police pursuit (eg. Velum), you won't be able to lose the heat no matter how long you wait. You just have to put them in a sperate vehicles (1 in the velum and 1 in the buzzard). 

In my group, it was me and one other player. We tried to do the heist while me and him where in the velum for hours and hours and the stars wouldn't disappear. I looked online for a solution and we tried the next day with me piloting the buzzard and him in the velum and we managed to pass the mission first time. The glitch is not exclusive to the prison heist finale. As we encountered it during the Signal mission of the Pacific Standard heist, when you're supposed to lose the cops. We (whole crew) were hiding in one vehicle waiting for the stars to start blinking and despite being no cop anywhere in our close proximity, the stars wouldn't. I told the other player to get out of the car and the second he stepped out, the stars started blinking. Obviously, this is my observation, it may and may not work for you but it's worth a shot.

Where are your crew members from?

just try different people as demolition (starting from host).

stuck stars can be forced to start blinking by exiting/re-entering vehicle til they do so. unfortunately in prison break heist you are not allowed to exit the plane to use this "cure".

Edited by Iiah