Red Mist bugged

schicic

I can't earn this trophy. I have done it several times perfectly when I was actually trying to get the trophy, done it once for fun when getting my assassin character unlocked, and a few more times while I was helping a friend with the hardcore EE. I have since gave up on it and with the last patches and the patch notes saying they fixed things they clearly have not, I don't really expect it to be fixed. Has anyone else had this problem besides my friend and I?

It took me a while to get the trophy to unlock, but it did unlock. Same for the friends I play Zombies with when they got it done. Are you sure you're killing 10 zombies with a single bomber tank explosion? It's harder than it looks since it's often hard to get 10 zombies in a small enough area to have them killed by the blast. I haven't seen anything to suggest that it's bugged, so all I can suggest is to keep trying.

I assume you are using a tank that's lying on the ground and not a tank attached to a bomber, right? Doing it when the tank is on the bomber is just going to make it harder than necessary.

No, I am sorry but we are very sure. We both counted zombies several times. I have done it on every wave from from 4-56...I got very, very good at it, sad to say. On 56 they wouldnt always die but on wave 5, it is pretty  much the entire horde you kill with the bomb. We disarm the 4 bombers that come out of the salt mine on wave 4 in different areas so we would have more than one attempt each wave. I would herd them into a tight group after my friend counted and he would shoot the bomb killing them all and ending the wave. It was usually about 13-19 zombies. We would switch off shooting the bombs to see if it was just him, but it wouldn't work for me either.

Since then, I have had several others "help" to no avail. Same plan, same amount of zombies, and it was all wasted. I have given up on it after counting the zombies that many times  with that many failed success attempts even after wounding zombies on wave 56 to where a single shot would kill them, herding them into a tight circle with other people herding wuslings out of the way and killing 20+ zombies on that high of a wave with 1 bomb. No. I WILL NOT do it anymore. I have had people that was "helping" do the same things and not get it just for it to pop up later. No I will not attempt another go, I want to know if it is just localized between my friends and I (probably not).

I have prestige 3, have all characters but the BAT Elite unlocked, I do hardcore EE with randoms for fun, so I know how to herd zombies and work with my team. The problem is that it will not pop up. It is like all the current bugs in the game:

-horrible hit reg

-BAR still OP

-people die in 1 hit from all guns but the kill cam says other wise

-zombies supply drops still not being rewarded

-some people are now unable to prestige in zombies

-some characters won't unlock for people in zombies

-disconnect errors

-a new error that says you are missing a maps file

-sometimes a party cannot join the pregame lobby

-server lag

-leaderboards don't work in zombies

I am sorry for posting off-toping things, but the fact is that they say they have fixed something in the patch notes (like the leaderboards and the supply drops) and they clearly have not. I have little to no hopes of this being fixed. They won't even say one thing about anything on their "oficial" forums.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2017 at 10:17 PM, Property_Damage said:

I just did it solo on round 7 after a few hours of retries, i was using the hunter character (cuz thats the coolest character i have unlocked which isnt saying much cuz she isnt that cool)

i was using her over and over again with different load outs/special mods

but nothing seemed to work

then i said screw it ill try one more time

i picked Jefferson, i decided to use a main character this time around thinking maybe that was key, and it really was..i didnt do anything different from my last few dozen attempts, just picked a regular character, unlocked the bombers in the salt mines at round 5, got them to the surface, had all 4 bombs spaced out so if need be i had 4 attempts at it early on but i got it on my first bomb, soon as i saw a big enough herd, i jumped right ontop of the bomb, aimed directly down onto the bomb, took several hits of damage, said a prayer and fired away, a second later, the trophy was mine

Very thankful for reading this i just attempted 5-6 games two of them going to round 25 and restarting lol definitely wasted my time. Switched to Jefferson and got it instantly! 

16 hours ago, Raido said:

Very thankful for reading this i just attempted 5-6 games two of them going to round 25 and restarting lol definitely wasted my time. Switched to Jefferson and got it instantly! 

Glad it helped!!!

i dont see the bomb killing 10+ enemies after wave 10, they just absorb too much damage for it to be effective by then

stick with brother Ving Rhames and do it as early as possible and youll be good to go

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 26. 12. 2017 at 7:17 AM, Property_Damage said:

soon as i saw a big enough herd, i jumped right ontop of the bomb, aimed directly down onto the bomb, took several hits of damage, said a prayer and fired away

This right here is one of the best tips for this trophy. Worked on first try after countless fails. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtb345 said:

Its bugged for me as well i went to wave 16 constantly blowing up way more than 10 from my trains and i quit out of rage.

It most likely isn't bugged but you are killing less than 10 zombies with each explotion. Also FYI, the counter in "Bomber bomb kills" daily order is bugged so you can disregard that.

Here's how I did it and it also worked for one other guy who messaged me:

1. Do this strategy solo.
  2. Wave 1-3 - only use shovel to get as many jolts as possible
  3. Open Salt Mine at the end of round 4 - this will give you lot of space to place the bombs nicely since there will be no other zombies around
  4. Start wave 5 and kill all the pests
  5. Start wave 6, make large train, stand on the bomb with full armor and full health
  6. Zombies will start attacking you while you are standing on top of the bomb
  7. When you have 1-2 armors left, shoot the bomb below your feet and pray to RNG gods :)

You can also use Shellshock Perk with Fire Damage and use that before you move on top of the bomb. Credit to @Mori for finding this combo.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

Those strategies didn’t work for me, even by using the Shellsock with Fire upgrade; what it did (and I tried every method on the same game):

- Trophy popped on round 8 with Marie

- I equipped one consumable for Instant Kill on the selection screen

- Using the same Salt Mine strategy as always

- I happened to get the Lure Bomb on the mystery box (don’t think is 100% needed but is useful)

- Train a big horde around the bomb, throw the lure bomb if you have one, pop the Instant Kill and shoot the bomb, 99% zombies should be dead (yes, even one survived for me..).

Hope it helps.

Hi there,

I finally got the trophy after days and days of unsuccessful attempts... Like you, I tried the salt mine technique at early waves, it did not work even when more than 10 zombies were killed (I'm 100% positive on this claim). On this French forum I found a guy mentioning that after de-installing / re-installing the game, he obtained the trophy at his first attempt. Well, it definitely works. Here's what happened in my case :

- I played with Jefferson
- I was at the central place around the flame trap
- The bomb was on the ground just in front of the Type 100
- No shellshock or other capacity
- Wave 7 or 8 or 9 (can't remember, but I think it's 8)
- No joker box

While I was circling around the trap, I quickly shot zombies at the legs to inflict minor damages to be sure that the explosion would kill them. Then, when my group was ready, I used the technique of Property_Damage mentioned earlier in this topic: jump on the top of the bomb, shoot and pray. Works like a charm at my first try.

My hypothesis on this bug (YES, this trophy is buggy IMO): the first time I unlocked the trophy, I was on a multiplayer game (my first zombie game with WWII actually). Maybe if you successfully kill 10 zombies with one bomb explosion during a multiplayer game without having the trophy before, it's blocked until you reset the full game. If someone has encountered the same issue with solo/multi and fix it with de-install/re-install, please take 5 minutes to share, it would help the community to understand why this trophy is so hard to obtain.

Hope that helps,

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:58 AM, BlackTorito said:

- Trophy popped on round 8 with Marie

- I equipped one consumable for Instant Kill on the selection screen

- Using the same Salt Mine strategy as always

- I happened to get the Lure Bomb on the mystery box (don’t think is 100% needed but is useful)

- Train a big horde around the bomb, throw the lure bomb if you have one, pop the Instant Kill and shoot the bomb, 99% zombies should be dead (yes, even one survived for me..).

This is exactly what I did. I waited till either 8 or 9, but I believe I got this with a random spawning Bomber, got the Jack In the Box, and as soon as I had pretty much the entire round's worth of zombies, I threw Jack onto the bomb, popped the insta-kill and then shot the bomb. 

This trophy is definitely bugged, and I know it because I took a daily order of killing 30 zombies with a bomber bomb, and after successfully detonating the bomb a notice came up saying that I completed/killed 10 out of 30 zombies and trophy didn't pop, I did the same routine on next level and it said 20 out of 30 done and then trophy popped for me, thankfully.

The trophy does take the piss a little bit. I was sure I had 10 kills and nothing. I got it around round 8 I think, lured about 19 of them and boom. Also, not to be rude but I doubt you'd be getting at least 10 kills for 52 waves consecutively. After wave 20ish the zombies don't die from that, they fall over and instead get back up. 

1 hour ago, Geomason said:

This trophy is definitely bugged, and I know it because I took a daily order of killing 30 zombies with a bomber bomb, and after successfully detonating the bomb a notice came up saying that I completed/killed 10 out of 30 zombies and trophy didn't pop, I did the same routine on next level and it said 20 out of 30 done and then trophy popped for me, thankfully.

Based on your profile, you unlocked the trophy on 23rd June 2020, 5:58 PM. Maybe there was no notification, but the trophy is definitely there.

10 hours ago, waIafc0 said:

Based on your profile, you unlocked the trophy on 23rd June 2020, 5:58 PM. Maybe there was no notification, but the trophy is definitely there.

Yes I got the trophy, one wave later, but it didn't pop the first time I killed 10 zombies with that bomb.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:17 AM, Property_Damage said:

I just did it solo on round 7 after a few hours of retries, i was using the hunter character (cuz thats the coolest character i have unlocked which isnt saying much cuz she isnt that cool)

i picked Jefferson, i decided to use a main character this time around thinking maybe that was key, and it really was..i didnt do anything different from my last few dozen attempts, just picked a regular character, unlocked the bombers in the salt mines at round 5, got them to the surface, had all 4 bombs spaced out so if need be i had 4 attempts at it early on but i got it on my first bomb, soon as i saw a big enough herd, i jumped right ontop of the bomb, aimed directly down onto the bomb, took several hits of damage, said a prayer and fired away, a second later, the trophy was mine

This exact method worked for me on the first try after a lot of failures of trying to shoot from a far! 

Thank you! Now i only got 'striker!' And 'pressure cooker' left for the plat :)

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got this. My own advice would be not to follow the guide : do NOT use the shell shock ability ! It's actually going to be detrimental as it will push away the zombies and make it much more difficult.

I finally took the Frontline ability and got it literally on my first try on round 6, so I highly recommend it. I think the double damage was a tremendous help. I did use Jefferson but also played him beforehand, so I really doubt this has any impact.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 1 month later...
On 26/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, Property_Damage said:

Thanks! property_Damage, I had tried shellshock and instakill multiple times and nothing worked. I deleted the game and reinstalled it, then got it on my first try using your advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this now... Think it's only possible on round 6 with the salt mine method..

Had a few attempts where I tried on round 7 but all failed.. however just had an attempt now where I got the mine open at the end of round 4.. looks like there are only 8/9 pests on round 5 so can't try to get it then..

I'm certain if you try it on round 6 it will work any later and there is a high chance of crawlers..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This trophy is fucking stupid.

I managed to get the bombers at round 6, the earliest I'm able to, and those goddamned bombs can't  even kill  the normal zombies, at round 6, like, what the actual fuck, do bombs power up  after a certain round? Or should I try my luck with pests (round 10 or 15)? I'm this close to the platinum, and of course Activision  had to stop me with this kind of shit.

Edit: what do you mean use Jefferson? Like, some characters  have something that others don't? Huh? I thought only the loadout mattered.

Edit: got it with Jefferson  and the toy trap,  don't  even wanna know if he attracts more zombies or stuff like that, -3  to the plat.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1