Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nordstern_69

Nordstern_69's Dispute

28 posts in this topic

Nordstern_69

Dead Space
Hi guys,<br /> A friend told me I got flagged for a game, so I created an account on your site. The report says that I beat the game too fast. This is not true. I played the game like everybody else and I followed the road map from PS3trophies.com. When you play the game on "hard" you also unlock all the other difficulties. The difficulty trophies are stackable. When all trophies pop one after the other, it just looks like the player unlocked a trophy really fast, however you finished the game regularly. Please "unflag" ( if that's is a word ^^) me. <br /> Also, the game is really old so this should be true for A LOT of other players, too. <br /> Have a nice day,<br /> Nordstern_69

I believe him, cause u can stack these trophies. The +5 sec is related to ps3 unlock system. If people would take a bit better care or think about some stuff twice .... threats like this wouldn´t excist.

Dead Space isn´t such a rare platinunm and why should some cheat there (make no sense .....) and if you checkl Nordstern_69´s profile you can see he has a bunch of really hard games done and why there it make even more no sense.

Have a great sunday folks ^^

From what I know, the hardest difficulty "Impossible" isn't accessible from the start. You need to complete the game at least once to start another playthrough on that difficulty. (http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Impossible_mode).

You got the trophy for beating the game on Impossible right after the trophy "Survivor - Complete the game on any difficulty setting".

I guess that's the problem in this case. But it's been a while since I've started the game, so maybe there's someone with more knowledge of Dead Space.

Edited by Izul

You can't start the game on impossible mode.  You have to beat the game at least once to unlock it.

Could well be. There is something off between trophies of chapter 5 and 6 with the weapons. I finished the game such a long time ago that I do not remember.

As others have pointed out it is not possible to complete the game on Impossible mode on your first playthrough, also the fact that you unlocked the One Gun trophy on your first playthrough despite earning the Autofire trophy during the run looks suspicious despite being possible.

1 hour ago, Pandarius said:

maybe glitched?

This is just a suggestion but hardly a defense without any explanation on why or how it was glitched.

Edited by Martain2

I tried to find something on google like "dead space 1 playthrough" etc. but couldn't find anything. also, since the game was pretty popular back then, there should be literally hundreds of players with similar trophy lists and time stamps. honestly, i have no explanation for the time stamps. i finish all my games legit. and i am pretty proud on a lot of platinums. especially the 100% in BF Hardline :-) ... I will search some more on google now. the game is 9 years old so there is probably something out there on glitches and so on. your attention is appreciated.👍

Well just from a quick google search I found that yes you can only play impossible mode by beating it once on any difficulty. "It can be unlocked by completing the game on any difficulty level." 

Also found something where someone asks "Is there a way that I can unlock Impossible mode without playing any other mode the first time around?" to which someone else responds "Use someone else's save file that has the game completed and start a new game on impossible." So just from the way other people have talked to each other about impossible mode is that you can only unlock it one of two ways....one by grabbing someone else's save, or two beating the game once yourself. 
Heck it even sounds like impossible mode was made specifically to be a second playthrough because of this right here "On Impossible Mode, you must be tactical, conservative, and careful. However, to ease this discomfort, you start off the bat with the last suit you used to beat the game that session."

So yeah pretty sure there is no way to legitimately start this game on impossible mode. Unless of course you can replicate this yourself and can explain how you started off on this mode as your first playthrough  

Epic Tier 3 Engineer difficulty mode cannot be accessed before beating the game first.

That is all.

2 hours ago, Nordstern_69 said:

I tried to find something on google like "dead space 1 playthrough" etc. but couldn't find anything. also, since the game was pretty popular back then, there should be literally hundreds of players with similar trophy lists and time stamps. honestly, i have no explanation for the time stamps. i finish all my games legit. and i am pretty proud on a lot of platinums. especially the 100% in BF Hardline :-) ... I will search some more on google now. the game is 9 years old so there is probably something out there on glitches and so on. your attention is appreciated.1f44d.png

Just so you know, if you want to be on the leaderboards, you can hide up to 2 flagged games and still be on it. If you have more games like this, then you can hide them before someone finds them and flags those too.

On 3.12.2017 at 4:50 PM, MMDE said:

Just so you know, if you want to be on the leaderboards, you can hide up to 2 flagged games and still be on it. If you have more games like this, then you can hide them before someone finds them and flags those too.

Thank you. You probably have good intentions but your suggestion does not solve the problem. Hiding a game does not explain why some trophies pop earlier than others.

I did some more research and messaged back and forth with some higher level trophy hunters in my friends list. So far, nobody could explain the time stamps. However, one friend said that save games were only uploadable after the introduction of the PS+ cloud. I never used that service. In addition, I do not own a PS4 or PSVita and I never play around with save games like other guys with multiple cross system platinums and stuff like that. At one point, I switched from the "fat" 40GB PS3 to a 120GB slim version, but that was after 2010 (when I played Dead Space) I believe, but not sure.

One other info about my Dead Space copy is that I played the German retail disc version, if that helps. One guy mentioned that sometimes German games have separate trophy lists and such have separate save games like the international versions (like "Wanted - Weapons of Fate" and Dead Space 2).

On 3.12.2017 at 9:56 PM, KelrothMaglorix said:

Dead Space is currently one of the games I am actively playing right now. The modes that are unlocked from the start are Easy, Normal and Hard. As the gentlemen have already pointed out, Impossible can only available once you have beaten the game once already. No "glitch" about it, you got caught. Hope you learned taking the quick and easy route doesn't turn out well regardless if the game is old or not.

Contributions like yours do not help at all and show the flaws of this flagging system. Jealous trolls can just point fingers and feel good without qualification. I feel stupid for even defending myself.

Anyone with some common sense who looks at my profile as a whole sees how much time and effort I put into games. James Bond Bloodstone, all the Battlefield games (alltogether over 2.000 hrs.), Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter IV, and so on, just to name a few. Why would someone try to save time on a singleplayer campaign like Dead Space -- Accusing someone of something without checking all facts, THAT is the easy route, pal.

I understand that by your leaderboard's rules the time stamps do not make sense. I skimmed through some other threads in the dispute section and by what I read I assume my flag will stay like with everybody else when the cannot explain something technical. The funniest thing I read was some guy who got flagged for something he didn't even do.

My next step will be to check other Dead Space players' records and compare if anyone else had the time stamp discordance like I had.

Would the leap year bug explain anything in this case? I know that was around end of February 2010, which is when you played this game.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, Nordstern_69 said:

My next step will be to check other Dead Space players' records and compare if anyone else had the time stamp discordance like I had.

You'll likely find none here.  They were all flagged in one sweep for this issue and a few other potential issues.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Would the leap year bug explain anything in this case? I know that was around end of February 2010, which is when you played this game.

Definitely a possibility.

4 hours ago, Nordstern_69 said:

The funniest thing I read was some guy who got flagged for something he didn't even do.

I bet you are talking about all the flags where people get flagged for someone else modding their game, well yeah its screwed up but no one forces you to sync it, also at this point there is no whitelist option and no one here wants 1000's of people with an auto pop trophy list, for one you cant prove you didnt hack it and 2 even if you somehow did still wouldnt be wanted as theyre people who did every trophy legit. Yeah I agree it is messed up that people get flagged for something that isnt their fault but at this current time that is how it has to be otherwise the top people in the cod leaderboards and the like would have insane fastest trophy times and other nonsense that isnt legitimate. There's also those trophies that are no longer obtainable...fault or not at fault, you dont keep a game unflagged for hacked trophies. (btw not talking about you, just talking about your statement)

Edited by The High Ground

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's unlikely, around the time the leap year bug would of been in place they would of only been around chapter 6 or 7 which is half way through the game.

A question to anybody regarding Batman: Arkham Asylum - Although Nordstern's trophy list order looks perfectly fine (at first glance) should Big, Bigger and Biggest Bang really have an 11 and 27 seconds gap between unlocking? I'm not too sure anything is wrong here but mine only took between 6-8 seconds each.

Edited by Martain2

Reading everything back it seems like it's pretty clear cut to me - a difficulty was unlocked before it could technically be unlocked through the natural flow of gameplay. A flag occurred. There are seemingly no glitches that could affect this. There is a viable workaround to hide the flagged game with no consequence.

Case closed, no?

7 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

There are seemingly no glitches that could affect this.

Case closed, no?

Uhh, the leap year bug that's been mentioned a few times now?

7 hours ago, Martain2 said:

It's unlikely, around the time the leap year bug would of been in place they would of only been around chapter 6 or 7 which is half way through the game.

...A question to anybody regarding Batman: Arkham Asylum...

They basically did the first half of the game in a single day. It's not unreasonable to assume they could do the other half all on the 29th, and had none of them pop.

Arkham's within reason.  Arkham Asylum has been completely swept for illegitimate timestamps.

This should be unflagged.

Edited by B1rvine

Hello to everyone and thanks for your contributions.

I had to research "leap year bug" before answering. It seems like MMDE's question could be the key hint. According to wikipedia, a statement from SONY and some other sites the old "fat" PS3, like the one I owned at the time, did have that issue. The PS3 would register the year 2010 as a leap year although it wasn't. This would mess up the time and cause "program errors". This occurred between February and March of 2010 which is the exact time when I got the platinum in Dead Space. It seems like at the time I did not play that much, or not for trophies at least, because the last game before Dead Space is Mercenaries 2 in 2009 and then after Dead Space it is Gunstar Heroes, and both lists of those games look fine. Only Dead Space seems to be affected in my case.

Since you guys even have a name for it (leap year bug) there must be lots of people with trophies from that specific time. Do they all get flagged or unflagged? Technically, in my opinion nobody really got any advantage out of this. It just looks messed up in the trophy list. Since it affected every player during that time period it makes it fair again.

4 hours ago, Martain2 said:

A question to anybody regarding Batman: Arkham Asylum - Although Nordstern's trophy list order looks perfectly fine (at first glance) should Big, Bigger and Biggest Bang really have an 11 and 27 seconds gap between unlocking? I'm not too sure anything is wrong here but mine only took between 6-8 seconds each.

The gap is fine, PS3's can be slow. I looked at a random profile and their gap was 1 second and 16 seconds, so the gap can vary. Also, please follow the rules and don't bring up non-disputed games unless necessary.

2 hours ago, Nordstern_69 said:

Hello to everyone and thanks for your contributions.

I had to research "leap year bug" before answering. It seems like MMDE's question could be the key hint. According to wikipedia, a statement from SONY and some other sites the old "fat" PS3, like the one I owned at the time, did have that issue. The PS3 would register the year 2010 as a leap year although it wasn't. This would mess up the time and cause "program errors". This occurred between February and March of 2010 which is the exact time when I got the platinum in Dead Space. It seems like at the time I did not play that much, or not for trophies at least, because the last game before Dead Space is Mercenaries 2 in 2009 and then after Dead Space it is Gunstar Heroes, and both lists of those games look fine. Only Dead Space seems to be affected in my case.

Since you guys even have a name for it (leap year bug) there must be lots of people with trophies from that specific time. Do they all get flagged or unflagged? Technically, in my opinion nobody really got any advantage out of this. It just looks messed up in the trophy list. Since it affected every player during that time period it makes it fair again.

They got unflagged. 

Samples: 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/55403-alexfirtps_brs-dispute/#comment-1459491

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/51661-hpolis-dispute/#comment-1381257

Yeah, I just want to understand the leap year bug better and for your trophy list to make sense according to it. As I said, I mention it because he played right before the the leap year day and right after the leap year day.

However, I know there's a person who has looked at a lot of Dead Space profiles that has been out of order and probably save file use. Does this look like all the other cases?

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, I just want to understand the leap year bug better and for your trophy list to make sense according to it. As I said, I mention it because he played right before the the leap year day and right after the leap year day.

However, I know there's a person who has looked at a lot of Dead Space profiles that has been out of order and probably save file use. Does this look like all the other cases?

That individual and I have been talking, and I looked at a good number of the list.  There's really no way to differentiate the two in this unique case near the leap year.

Impossible makes you start all over and you can't really carry things over from the previous playthru.  So "One Gun" is explainable that way.  The logbook entries would reset too, but I'm pretty sure a save use near the end of either mode would auto pop those, from other lists I've seen.