Did I screw up?

Fubuki

I was playing the witcher 3 and going for card collector and I was trying to find Lambert but  I could not find him. The contract monster in the bits wasn't even showing up on the notice boards. I also couldn't find Lund. So I went to Skellige and see if I progress further through the game the quest would spawn. But instead Lambert is at Kaer Morhen. So now I'm afraid if I continue this quest I will lock myself out of this trophy. I understand I'm suppose to get a Nekker card from a guy named Hammond and get Triss Merigold card but I don't know what to do. If anyone can inform me what I'm suppose to do that would be nice.

As far as I recall, you need to get Lambert's card when you meet him in Novigrad as that is the only opportunity you get to play Gwent with him. If he makes it to Kaer Morhen than it is too late. But I do have a notoriously bad memory when it comes to games so I could be remembering wrong.

There are a few different types of Nekker cards in the game and you need to collect them all for the trophy.

I was using this guide when I was playing the game. It helped me get all the cards.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/267721-card-collector-trophy-guide.html

18 minutes ago, Gengar said:

As far as I recall, you need to get Lambert's card when you meet him in Novigrad as that is the only opportunity you get to play Gwent with him. If he makes it to Kaer Morhen than it is too late. But I do have a notoriously bad memory when it comes to games so I could be remembering wrong.

There are a few different types of Nekker cards in the game and you need to collect them all for the trophy.

I was using this guide when I was playing the game. It helped me get all the cards.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/267721-card-collector-trophy-guide.html

But I don't understand before I went to Skellige i looked for the quest and it didn't spawn there. So I don't get why it didn't spawn if I was suppose to get it at that time. This is really confusing.

okay so from what I understand if I complete ugly baby the quest will auto fail however I didn't complete it yet. Also I manage to find the warehouse Southwest of Southern game and then I triggered "following the thread" Quest.  I'll complete the quest and I'll let you know what happens

3 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

I was playing the witcher 3 and going for card collector and I was trying to find Lambert but  I could not find him. The contract monster in the bits wasn't even showing up on the notice boards. I also couldn't find Lund. So I went to Skellige and see if I progress further through the game the quest would spawn. But instead Lambert is at Kaer Morhen. So now I'm afraid if I continue this quest I will lock myself out of this trophy. I understand I'm suppose to get a Nekker card from a guy named Hammond and get Triss Merigold card but I don't know what to do. If anyone can inform me what I'm suppose to do that would be nice.

Here is my clear and consideration answer to clear everything up. You'll have to complete his quest in order to fight him in gent. After the final confrontation, go to him and press x to open the dialog menu to start up gwent. The only two ways to fuck it up and not aquire triss's card is to not complete the quest before the battle at Kaer Morhen or not talk to Lambert at all after the quest.

4 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

How do it but?

What I did was that I looked at video walkthrough on following the thread. I followed his lead and found the warehouse you're suppose to vist and examined the evidence and boom 

"NEW QUEST"

FOLLOWING THE THREAD

R3 TO TRACK

So yah I got lucky it worked.