What's your best/worst gaming purchase of 2017?

kidson2004

Best: PS4 Slim (could've bought the Pro, but I was kinda short on cash and I also needed to buy a new TV). Waited 4 years to get into the current generation, and I'm very satisfied so far.

Worst: Mass Effect Andromeda at full price. I'm a huge ME fan, played through the trilogy more than 10 times, but I did not enjoy the new game (which was, TBH, the main reason I bought a PS4). Characters, story, dialogue, everything was disappointing for me. And the multiplayer (I loved ME3's MP, still playing to this day,), which could be the saving grace of this game, is an unplayable, grindy and laggy mess.

Edited by JuniorF30

Best:

PS4, duh!;

Lightning Returns (for $6!) - I absolutely loved it, such an amazing game;

Dragon's Dogma;

Battlefield 4 - my first BF game, really liked it and, if I remember correctly, I've spent over 100 hours playing multiplayer, which is a rare occurrence for me these days.

Worst: 

Goat Simulator - bought it on sale for $3, kind of regret doing that;

Escape Dead Island;

Horizon Zero Dawn - it's scary how overrated this game is. 

1 hour ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Best Games Bought: Man, to many to count xD. I like all games.

But mainly I would say Nintendo Switch. Switch is a beautiful console. I just love everything about it. 

Worst: Uhhhh I do say bad things about games. So far the only bad game I found was Bloodborne(Bought it last year and played last year a little bit). Some reason..... I need to play it again :(

what...

YAUQF.gif

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 3

Best: Persona 5, Nioh, The Evil Within 2, NieR: Automata

Worst: I don't really have a worst purchase for this year, but I do regret not waiting for a sale on a lot of my purchases like with Wolfenstien 2 and NieR Automata. That's why next year I'm just going to hold of on buying anything except maybe DB FighterZ until Black Friday.

Best: Night in the Woods (PS4) and Undertale Collector’s Edition (Vita).

Night in the Woods is already one of my favorite games ever, connecting with me like few have managed, and Undertale became my first physical game card for Vita and is just a brilliant game in general.

Worst: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U).

I’m sure I’ll love playing Breath of the Wild when I have the time it deserves, I just ended up buying a Switch about two months after launch and had never got around to the Wii U version I bought on release. Now I just want that sweet, sweet portable play baby ?

40 minutes ago, Primeape said:

what...

YAUQF.gif

It's true. I played it and...... I need more time with it. Some reason didn't capture me like Ni-Oh did. I do not know.... Need to later..

The wolf fight was okay, kept dying by the damn father(Haven't beaten him) but... The hype.... I do not get 

DON'T KILL ME .______________.

• Like 2

Just now, Shiny Suicune said:

Are you being serious or not?

Cause my review for Bloodborne for the time I played still stands. I haven't gotten back to it because I do not get the hype. It's just a regular game like Ni-Oh

I think he was just finding our dialogue exchange funny, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

/cast burn heal and hyper potion on Suicune

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Primeape said:

I think he was just finding our dialogue exchange funny, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

/cast burn heal and hyper potion on Suicune

lol I'm sorry if that's the real reason....

People did make fun of me cause I didn't get any "hype" from games they like :'( 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

lol I'm sorry if that's the real reason....

People did make fun of me cause I didn't get any "hype" from games they like :'( 

Other users might feel ashamed to play many games because they are weak and have no spirit. They are afraid of what people will say about them. I do not pay attention to such things and that's what makes top trophy hunters shine.

Hakoom 2017

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Primeape said:

Other users might feel ashamed to play many games because they are weak and have no spirit. They are afraid of what people will say about them. I do not pay attention to such things and that's what makes top trophy hunters shine.

Hakoom 2017

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually like that. Wow...

Best purchase: Injustice 2 

- traded in a few games to cover the cost, love fighting games but I'm terrible at them, my love for DC prevailed though and I took a chance on it. Ended up platinuming the game and loving all of it! Surprise hit of the year for me. 

Worst purchase: I'm gonna lump them all in one but I've been stung a few times this year buying things digitally only for them to be on sale or worse ps+ a few days/weeks later. 

Overall a a really good gaming year for me :D 

• Like 1

My BEST purchase of year: For Honor Gold Edition.  Unpopular opinion most like, but I love For Honor. Probably my favorite multiplayer game ever I'd say. Yeah, It's flawed, a lot! But I'm addicted. It hasn't even been out a full year yet and I've sunk 1,000 hours into it. It was extremely glitchy from the start! Even the trophies. Could've been one of the first to obtain the platinum, but like 3 trophies were glitched. :(  Still, Love it to death. 

WORST purchase of the year: I got nothing. I haven't really bought anything that was disappointing this year. I pre-ordered BattleFront 2 and canceled it at the last minute. So that was ALMOST my worst purchase of the year.

6 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Best Games Bought: Man, to many to count xD. I like all games.

But mainly I would say Nintendo Switch. Switch is a beautiful console. I just love everything about it. 

Worst: Uhhhh I do say bad things about games. So far the only bad game I found was Bloodborne(Bought it last year and played last year a little bit). Some reason..... I need to play it again :(

It's all good my dude. Don't pay attention to those who shame you for not liking a game they like. It's what makes the world unique. Do you think it'd be a fun world if everyone liked the same thing? Anyway, most like, if you don't like the first area of Bloodborne you probably won't like the rest of the game either. One makes Bloodborne fun for me, is the challenging gameplay and trying to figure out the secrets of that mysterious universe. It compels me to learn more. I'd recommend if you really want to like Bloodborne, read item descriptions it well give you a little information leaving you with wanting more. However it might not. The Souls games are not for everyone. So I don't blame you if you can't get into it. 

Best: Horizon, Witcher 3 Collection, Rayman Legends

Worst: Destiny 2+ Season Pass. 20hours in and I'm bored with the game. Haven't felt this ripped off since ME3.

Every year I promise myself not to pre-order (I'm doing fine on this level) and never pay full price. Well, I broke the promised again and paid around $100 for Destiny 2+SP. Never again

Best - Mass Effect: Andromeda (don't care what anyone says it's a great game), South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed Origins and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

Worst - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (not a terrible game just not that fantastic).

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1