What's your best/worst gaming purchase of 2017?

kidson2004

My best was purchasing Nioh for $40 and getting Bloodborne for free on a GameStop Members day promotion. I had enough rewards points so I used them for gift cards. The whole transaction was about $2.50 out of pocket. I've platted Bloodborne, but need to go back to Nioh. 

Worst purchase was an XBOX ONE S and accessories. In some ways it was a good purchase. My wife originally bought a 4K Ultra HD blu ray player and a Roku for 4K streaming and it came out to $300ish. I made her take those back and buy the XBOX to get both in one unit for a lower price and GAME CONSOLE! Of course, I bought some extra controllers and some games but since then I've barely played anything on it. Also, just the other day, my wife asked me to switch the TV over to the PS4 so she could watch Netflix. I was like, "Uh.. I thought you'd use the XBOX for that." And she's like, "I don't like the UI." So it's not even being used for streaming. 

Edited by Toogie53

Best: I picked up Persona 5 for $40 at Best Buy. I think it's fair to say it was my best buy. Puns, I got them. I was also able to pick up on the THQ Nordic 15 for $15 Humble Bundle. That was magnificent. Granted, I've only played a few of those games, but come on, 15 for $15.

Worst: I'm gonna say Blue Reflection. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bad game (I can overlook the typos and moments that make me think Roy Moore would love this game), I just don't think it was worth full price.

• 2 weeks later...

Best: Tekken 7 (On PC)

Worst: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. The worst Marvel vs. Capcom and fighting game I've ever played since Soul Calibur V and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royals. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, the upcoming Soul Calibur VI, etc. are much better fighting games than this trash heap. ?

Assassin's Creed Origins

In a way I enjoyed myself all the way to platinum, but in other ways I didn't feel like it fulfilled its potential as the origin story. Also I got the figure, which is really nice, but the box is gigantic waste of space. So that's the closest to being the best/worst game of 2017.