Jak X Trophy Thoughts?

johntatsi

It's easy but grindy, the gold trophies are all related to buying things with precursor orbs, which you can easily farm by going into a custom game. I don't remember what reels are, i think they are just the cutscenes from the story? So i'm assuming that's an unmissable trophy when you finish all the races?

Getting gold on everything is not hard, but i'm biased since i did all that on the PS2. :P

Unanswered trophy could be a problem depending on what that Capture mode is, i think it's the 2-team CTF mode, but there is another mode where you collect power cells and you gotta boost for them to count, if it's the latter... then that will be hard to do. lol

I LOVE the Jak and Daxter franchise. One of my favorites from PS2, However I don't know how I feel with Jak games after Jak 3. I never finished Jak the Lost Frontier because I lost interest in the story IIRC. However, I had a lot of fun on Jak X, sadly I never got a chance to beat it due to one mission freezing the game. I think it was a problem with the disc.

This trophy list isn't too difficult (coming from someone who played the game on PS2). The hardest trophies will probably be getting gold medals for all of the cups, especially if they include doing hero mode (which if I remember actually changes what types of races happen, but my memory of the game is a little foggy).

4 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

This trophy list isn't too difficult (coming from someone who played the game on PS2). The hardest trophies will probably be getting gold medals for all of the cups, especially if they include doing hero mode (which if I remember actually changes what types of races happen, but my memory of the game is a little foggy).

From the Jak X Wiki: "Hero Mode is automatically unlocked in Jak X in the secrets shop upon 100% completion of adventure mode, meaning to get a gold medal in all available eco cup races. It can then be bought for a total of 50,000 orbs, where after the player is prompted to select a new save file for Hero Mode. All collected race cars, body parts and orbs carry over, including already-bought upgrades for the cars. However, the player is still restricted to the class one through three cars for the first three cups.

Hero Mode most notably has improved AI, stronger opponents, and much harder goal requirements for the point-based race events such as death races, rush hour and freeze rally."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skateak said:

From the Jak X Wiki: "Hero Mode is automatically unlocked in Jak X in the secrets shop upon 100% completion of adventure mode, meaning to get a gold medal in all available eco cup races. It can then be bought for a total of 50,000 orbs, where after the player is prompted to select a new save file for Hero Mode. All collected race cars, body parts and orbs carry over, including already-bought upgrades for the cars. However, the player is still restricted to the class one through three cars for the first three cups.

Hero Mode most notably has improved AI, stronger opponents, and much harder goal requirements for the point-based race events such as death races, rush hour and freeze rally."

Thanks @skateak for the information, now it is coming back to me. I had trouble with the first class in hero mode due to the increased difficulty. Hopefully when they are describing "all gold medals in 'insert color' cup" they aren't including going into hero mode. I would assume it is just the normal playthrough, but I guess we will see when people start playing/platinuming the game.

• Like 1

I'm quite excited about this! I enjoyed the ps2 game and the trophy list looks manageable. I just hope the game isn't a bad port, which lags. I'm playing the Jak and Daxter ps4 right now and it has some unfortunate slowdowns especially while going fast, i really hope this won't be an issue in this version.  

I still have the 100% complete save file on one of my ps2 memory cards, the game was fun while it lasted but i remember the story mode was very frustrating to attempt, the CPU won't attacks each others-racers but if you take the first place it will lit your butt on fire with its arsenal,I remember that one of the secret character to unlock was Ratchet too.

3 hours ago, Xannic said:

It's comparable to Twisted Metal.

Only better.

Sure it has some combat maps, like many kart games, but it's mostly racing. Racing has rubber banding and annoying AI. The controls are pretty poor. Not sure why you would say it's better. I guess you must really dislike Twisted Metal or something.

5 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Oh, thi is a surprise, now I hope they relase CTR as well.

That would have been something! :) Best kart game ever.

Edited by MMDE

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Sure it has some combat maps, like many kart games, but it's mostly racing. Racing has rubber banding and annoying AI. The controls are pretty poor. Not sure why you would say it's better. I guess you must really dislike Twisted Metal or something.

That would have been something! :) Best kart game ever.

TL;DR for your comments: I hate Jak X, therefore everyone should.

• Like 2