Jak X Trophy Thoughts?

johntatsi

10 hours ago, Limitedsphere said:

I'm quite excited about this! I enjoyed the ps2 game and the trophy list looks manageable. I just hope the game isn't a bad port, which lags. I'm playing the Jak and Daxter ps4 right now and it has some unfortunate slowdowns especially while going fast, i really hope this won't be an issue in this version.  

I thought something felt off about the PS4 port. I noticed slowdown that wasn't there even in the original PS2 release and it altogether felt much more stiff to play for whatever reason. I mean it wasn't nearly as terrible as the Vita port but it was a bit sloppy. I noticed it actually received an update which I never bothered to check so maybe that fixed the issues? I honestly don't see why they're releasing these as PS2 Classics and not just porting over the objectively smoother looking PS3 HD releases, same with Resident Evil Code Veronica X (which meant that we got the objectively inferior version that runs slower and makes the trophies harder to get). I mean I understand with Jak X because it never did get an HD release for whatever reason but yeah. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MMDE said:

Jak X even came with memory card issues at it's initial NA release, where Sony could replace your memory card because of the game screwing with it...

I couldn't beat a game though I liked it very much because of that. I tried 10 different discs.

Each time it corrupted my Memory Card and as you couldn't change it in Russia at that times, the only way you could delete corrupted data is by booting special Eraser software on  Chipped-Hacked PS2. Most ridiculous thing I've ever met in gaming industry.

3 minutes ago, PlayAsGod said:

I couldn't beat a game though I liked it very much because of that. I tried 10 different discs.

Each time it corrupted my Memory Card and as you couldn't change it in Russia at that times, the only way you could delete corrupted data is by booting special Eraser software on  Chipped-Hacked PS2. Most ridiculous thing I've ever met in gaming industry.

There were some discs you could use too.

Some of the trophies are pretty glitched, I think. The Red Eco Cup trophy only unlocked after I won the next race in the Green Eco Cup, and Kill or be Killed might also be glitched depending on how you interpret the wording of it. I got around 10 kills without dying and I still didn't get it, but it may mean that you have to get 4 kills and not die for the whole race (and I died once toward the end), which is really annoying considering how relentless the AI is and how one item is an instant kill that's unavoidable unless you happen to have a shield on you.

Also for anyone wondering they included all of the PSP unlocks. Just go to the Extras menu and select Scan for Secret Characters (or something) and you'll get them all. It literally skips over the online component when you select multiplayer for obvious reasons (to be honest I don't see why they couldn't have included it but it could be an emulation thing plus Sony being lazy as usual). At least the memory card glitch is gone, ikely because they used the NA version as a baseline for all regions knowing the debacle last time. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

19 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

At least the memory card glitch is gone, ikely because they used the NA version as a baseline for all regions knowing the debacle last time. 

It's only the initial NA version that had the issue. All other regions didn't, and later NA version didn't either.

On 4 December 2017 at 10:57 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

I thought something felt off about the PS4 port. I noticed slowdown that wasn't there even in the original PS2 release and it altogether felt much more stiff to play for whatever reason. I mean it wasn't nearly as terrible as the Vita port but it was a bit sloppy. I noticed it actually received an update which I never bothered to check so maybe that fixed the issues? I honestly don't see why they're releasing these as PS2 Classics and not just porting over the objectively smoother looking PS3 HD releases, same with Resident Evil Code Veronica X (which meant that we got the objectively inferior version that runs slower and makes the trophies harder to get). I mean I understand with Jak X because it never did get an HD release for whatever reason but yeah. 

Objectively smoother? PS3 was lacking a lot of effects from the PS2 version, had new bugs (for example the final boss of Jak II having no face) and, as far as fps perfomance goes, felt identical.

PS2 versions are the superior ones.

Trophies seem pretty fair. This was always a day one buy for me considering the hundreds of hours I played on the original release (lots of couch co-op ftw).

The only thing that might be an issue for me is the same thing my younger self struggled with which was getting a gold on one of the challenge races (it was either a time trial or a rush hour, I can't remember which) in the final cup (it took me ages to get it so I could move my 99% to 100% lol).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's only the initial NA version that had the issue. All other regions didn't, and later NA version didn't either.

We've discussed it in this thread. Every version had the glitch, and only the later NA versions fixed it. My Platinum PS2 has it, as I have already said. 

Edited by LunchCannon54
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 6:43 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

Also for anyone wondering they included all of the PSP unlocks. Just go to the Extras menu and select Scan for Secret Characters (or something) and you'll get them all. 

Uhm...no? You have pretty specific requirements for those:

Unlock Ratchet: have a savedata of Ratchet & Clank (2016) on your console.

Unlock Taryn, Kaeden, Ximon, Osmo and the Daxtermobile: have a savedata of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on your console. (Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy DO NOT count).

Full list of requirements follows:

nOF5P2L.png

Edited by crashratchet

1 hour ago, crashratchet said:

Unlock Taryn, Kaeden, Ximon, Osmo and the Daxtermobile: have a savedata of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on your console. (Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy DO NOT count).

f448e6f1bf21eed296f7ea136ccd22ca.png

Ok so this is 100% incorrect, in case anyone is worried about the trophy list, the Sand Shark is unlocked without any need for Jak 3 save game present, my Jak 3 hadnt even installed and this car was available.

2 hours ago, RaisingTheBarr said:

Ok so this is 100% incorrect, in case anyone is worried about the trophy list, the Sand Shark is unlocked without any need for Jak 3 save game present, my Jak 3 hadnt even installed and this car was available.

How so? I searched for secret characters on my main profile but the sandshark was nowhere to be found. Would it only require for the blue eco cup to be complete only? About everything else on the list I can confirm, I tested on a dummy profile with no saves and the secret characters scan gave me no results.

Edited by crashratchet

Just now, crashratchet said:

How so? I searched for secret characters but the sandshark was nowhere to be found. Would it only require for the blue eco cup to be complete? About everything else on the list I can confirm, I tested on a dummy profile with no saves and the secret characters scan gave me no results.

Sandshark isnt in secret characters its just flat out listed under vehicles in the secrets menu.

Just now, crashratchet said:

I see. Someone on the Sony blog must have gotten confused a lot.

Yeah the dev that was doing all the commenting on the Blog is the same one the speedrunners have been speaking too, he's a terrible sorce of misinformation sadly, well meaning but does very little fact checking.

And besides the Sand Shark, you don't need any kind of save file to unlock trophies, so whatever ?

So, in order to get the platinum trophy, you need a little bit more than 2,250,000 precursor orbs. Knowing you get 5-6k per win depending on the mode, that's some serious grinding (campaign gives around 450k orbs).

To grind orbs you can do these two challenges:

- Freeze Rally on Frozen Speedway

- Artifact Race on Mar Coliseum with 1 opponent

Each of them takes 60 to 90 seconds to complete, and give roughly 5,000-5,200 per completion, which gives around 250k per hour.

It's not really worth it to switch to hero mode tbh.

Edited by Linkinito

1 hour ago, Linkinito said:

And besides the Sand Shark, you don't need any kind of save file to unlock trophies, so whatever 1f602.png

So, in order to get the platinum trophy, you need a little bit more than 2,250,000 precursor orbs. Knowing you get 5-6k per win depending on the mode, that's some serious grinding (campaign gives around 450k orbs).

Each of them takes 60 to 90 seconds to complete, and give roughly 5,000-5,200 per completion, which gives around 250k per hour.

What about the Unanswered trophy? Tips for that?

13 hours ago, crashratchet said:

nOF5P2L.png

12 hours ago, RaisingTheBarr said:

I really would hope a vehicle that rewards a trophy wouldn't be locked behind having an additional save file (and thus having to pay more money), but yeah I had all of those save files and got all of those unlocks. Sorry, I just assumed that they included it all as standard because they couldn't do PSP connectivity and I got a lot of them. 

10 hours ago, Linkinito said:

And besides the Sand Shark, you don't need any kind of save file to unlock trophies, so whatever ?

You could just save scum all the purchase trophies once you have enough orbs. Back up save, buy all of something, pop trophy, re-download, rinse & repeat. Would save a hell of a lot of grinding.

I'm assuming that's how someone got the platinum in 7 1/2 hours.

3 hours ago, Rattamauled said:

You could just save scum all the purchase trophies once you have enough orbs. Back up save, buy all of something, pop trophy, re-download, rinse & repeat. Would save a hell of a lot of grinding.

I'm assuming that's how someone got the platinum in 7 1/2 hours.

Can confirm thats exactly how i got it in 7.5 hours.

Only requires 360k orbs which you can easily have left over from Adventure mode if you only buy minimal required upgrades.

11 hours ago, crashratchet said:

What about the Unanswered trophy? Tips for that?

For Unanswered you have to do the capture event (team event collecting powercells), however sadly with some bad AI its essentially RNG based on spawns and AI just gotta keep restarting until you capture 4+ cells and win without the opposition ever capturing one.

2 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Can someone confirm the Kill or be Killed trophy and whether or not you have to kill 4 people in a single race without dying during the race at all? Because that is really fucking annoying if so. 

Can confirm, 4+ Kills and can't die at all during the race not too hard if you fully upgrade a car and go back to the first race.

Even without upgrades if you always hang to the back you just have to avoid the mines etc just stay behind everyone (doesnt matter even if you place last as long as you finish without a death)