ThatMuttGuy

Lord help me, I'm going to go for the platinum.

21 posts in this topic

I swore I'd let myself take a break from open world games for a bit after getting Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max plats back to back, but I really want to start this one up. I've heard fantastic things about this and I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

 

Either way, I'm going to start on the highest difficulty (or the highest one needed for the trophy). Is there any sort of missable trophies I should be on the lookout for?

Edited by ThatMuttGuy
typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Crew is missable if you wind messing up one of the questlines for any of the characters required for it. Otherwise the only really missable thing is getting all the Gwent cards but as long as you use a card guide you should be fine. Here's a couple I used.

 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/267721-card-collector-trophy-guide.html

 

http://gwentcards.com/

 

Other missable trophies like completing all the horse races or fighting tournaments have a final race or fight that you can lose (at least as far as the race I'm sure you can lose that, I don't remember if you can lose the fight and don't get another chance) but you can avoid that by just saving and reloading if you lose. There's also one quest that is missable but I think you would have to be actively avoiding doing quests to miss it, so you really shouldn't miss it provided you're doing everything. Definitely be sure to save scum when it comes to the Gwent tournament for Gwent Master.

 

So really just be sure to have backup saves if you feel like you messed up somewhere and be sure to do all the quests and you're golden. Enjoy the game!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to go for it too in a few weeks. Just finishing some things up before hand. I purposely haven't seen much on the game and I bought the Complete Edition so it will be a lot of fun.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games of last year. I remember scribbling all over an A4 page to make sure I had all the missables in mind because there are a fair few. As far as Death March difficulty goes I didn't find it too bad. It can be a bit tough at first but once you start getting powered up you can just mow through people. Even monsters can be tanked with a few potions.

 

Here's a few things to keep in mind:

 

Even Odds - Keep two low level monster contracts. Come back to them at a higher level and do them without any signs, potions, mutagens, oils or bombs.

 

These are the missable Gwent cards for Card Collector:

Win the optional Gwent game during the quest 'A Matter Of Life & Death'

During 'A Dangerous Game' take the cards as the reward

Win the Gwent tournament in 'High Stakes' (Also gets you Gwent Master)

 

Brawl Master - Make sure you save before the last fistfight because you can't retry if you lose. Same with the final horse race for Fast And Furious. In one of those fistfights make sure you win without taking damage for Fist Of The South Star (this should come naturally on Death March because you can barely take any hits as it is).

 

Geralt: The Professional has one possible missable during the contract 'An Elusive Thief' if

 

you let the doppler get away - you'll also miss out on

The Doppler Effect

 

Assassin of Kings is missable if you don't do the right side quests before a certain part of the game

 

before going to the Isle of Mists

. Those side-quests are:

  1. Redania's Most Wanted
  2. An Eye for an Eye
  3. A Matter of Life and Death
  4. Now or Never
  5. A Deadly Plot
  6. Blindingly Obvious (end with first dialogue choice)
  7. Reason of State

 

Full Crew is missable if you don't do the associated side-quests. The people you need are:

 

Ermion, Keira Metz, Triss Merigold, Roche, Ves, Zoltan Chivay, Hjalmar

 

Woodland Spirit is missable if you make the wrong choice during the contract 'In The Heart Of The Woods'. Just save before doing it and if you don't get the trophy then reload and make the opposite choice.

 

Other than that have fun, it's a great game.

 

 

Edited by Nauticus87
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I envy you. The Witcher 3 is probably the most fun completion i did so far, including the dlcs.

I loved it all the way through!

 

I personally recommend playin on normal first and then do hard on new game+ since there's a lot of mechanics to learn. You'll breeze through the second playthrough in no time.

For missables as mentioned above, horse races, fist fights and full crew.

Also the trophy for getting every Gwent card in the game since some oponnents cant be played against later on. Although i think by now CDPR has patched the game so that you can find every card you might miss, since i missed 2-3 oponents with one off card rewards and still got them all.

Just make sure to have some back up saves, you can always delet them after finishing. :)

 

Edited by thekiffer21
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, I started it up this morning. Wow, this game looks great and the cutscenes are entertaining. I admit I haven't played this yet because I tried The Witcher 2 a long time ago on the 360 and hated it. But, this is a ton of fun. 

 

I started on Death March and I wiped to the ghouls at the start twice before getting the hang of the combat somewhat. Quick question: how hard is it to keep stocked up on food for healing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Ok guys, I started it up this morning. Wow, this game looks great and the cutscenes are entertaining. I admit I haven't played this yet because I tried The Witcher 2 a long time ago on the 360 and hated it. But, this is a ton of fun. 

 

I started on Death March and I wiped to the ghouls at the start twice before getting the hang of the combat somewhat. Quick question: how hard is it to keep stocked up on food for healing?

 

It's not bad, I also did my first playthrough on Death March (still working on it, in fact). Eventually you'll get recipes to craft potions to heal yourself. And I can't overstate how important the Witcher gear is. If you can craft the two witcher swords in the first area, that will be a huge help in getting started! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did Death March my first play, if you spend an upgrade point on the General Perk that allows your food to keep healing you for 20 minutes, the game becomes pretty much a breeze, you just have to feel out the combat and let yourself heal up until you get better gear/spell upgrades. Also as long as you pretty much pick up any and all loot you'll never run out of food or money from selling stuff.

 

Edited by nazareth357
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Ok guys, I started it up this morning. Wow, this game looks great and the cutscenes are entertaining. I admit I haven't played this yet because I tried The Witcher 2 a long time ago on the 360 and hated it. But, this is a ton of fun. 

 

I started on Death March and I wiped to the ghouls at the start twice before getting the hang of the combat somewhat. Quick question: how hard is it to keep stocked up on food for healing?

Just make sure you're stocked on spirits, always have Swallow potion available purchase/find it as soon as you can and then later in the game you'll find superior versions of said potion. (You'll find others that will keep you OP also.)

Edited by LightningVII-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, I'm making some progress! I found Yennifer and killed the griffon. I'm only level 2, but the 20 minute food perk really helps out. Combined with quen sign I can pretty much get through any combat. 

 

But it's going to be a long run still, I can tell lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 8:32 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

 

 

But it's going to be a long run still, I can tell lol. 

 

Quick question. You seemed determined to get the platinum but yet you have just one trophy. What happened. Just a question I'm not trying to be funny. I see you've got some decent RPG plats so what was the put off of Witcher. I'm going to be starting my playthrough next week as I first want to get the AC Odyssey plat out the way

Edited by DF007gamer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.12.2017 at 7:36 AM, Nauticus87 said:

The Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games of last year. I remember scribbling all over an A4 page to make sure I had all the missables in mind because there are a fair few. As far as Death March difficulty goes I didn't find it too bad. It can be a bit tough at first but once you start getting powered up you can just mow through people. Even monsters can be tanked with a few potions.

 

Here's a few things to keep in mind:

 

Even Odds - Keep two low level monster contracts. Come back to them at a higher level and do them without any signs, potions, mutagens, oils or bombs.

 

These are the missable Gwent cards for Card Collector:

Win the optional Gwent game during the quest 'A Matter Of Life & Death'

During 'A Dangerous Game' take the cards as the reward

Win the Gwent tournament in 'High Stakes' (Also gets you Gwent Master)

 

Brawl Master - Make sure you save before the last fistfight because you can't retry if you lose. Same with the final horse race for Fast And Furious. In one of those fistfights make sure you win without taking damage for Fist Of The South Star (this should come naturally on Death March because you can barely take any hits as it is).

 

Geralt: The Professional has one possible missable during the contract 'An Elusive Thief' if

  Reveal hidden contents

you let the doppler get away - you'll also miss out on

The Doppler Effect

 

Assassin of Kings is missable if you don't do the right side quests before a certain part of the game

  Reveal hidden contents

before going to the Isle of Mists

. Those side-quests are:

  1. Redania's Most Wanted
  2. An Eye for an Eye
  3. A Matter of Life and Death
  4. Now or Never
  5. A Deadly Plot
  6. Blindingly Obvious (end with first dialogue choice)
  7. Reason of State

 

Full Crew is missable if you don't do the associated side-quests. The people you need are:

  Reveal hidden contents

Ermion, Keira Metz, Triss Merigold, Roche, Ves, Zoltan Chivay, Hjalmar

 

Woodland Spirit is missable if you make the wrong choice during the contract 'In The Heart Of The Woods'. Just save before doing it and if you don't get the trophy then reload and make the opposite choice.

 

Other than that have fun, it's a great game.

 

 

Redania's Most Wanted is not required for trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 8:22 AM, DF007gamer said:

 

Quick question. You seemed determined to get the platinum but yet you have just one trophy. What happened. Just a question I'm not trying to be funny. I see you've got some decent RPG plats so what was the put off of Witcher. I'm going to be starting my playthrough next week as I first want to get the AC Odyssey plat out the way

 

Sorry for the delay in response. The answer is I just got busy with my new job and haven't had a lot of time to devote to gaming lately. Especially a game like W3 I would like to play it in big chunks. So I'm just waiting for things to get a little less hectic before I try to go for it lol. 

 

It's a valid question and I don't take offense to it! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I platinumed this a year or two ago and it was my most rewarding platinum. I used the playstationtrophies.org guide and managed to get it done. Death Match difficulty does really suck when starting out as everything can kill you in seconds. Once you've levelled up a bit and got some skills you will be fine. I highly recommend making lots of different saves in case something goes wrong. Oh, and the healing sign (forgot what it's called) will be your best friend. Other than that, enjoy the game and make sure you pay attention to those missable trophies. 

Edited by freaky_45
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

 

Sorry for the delay in response. The answer is I just got busy with my new job and haven't had a lot of time to devote to gaming lately. Especially a game like W3 I would like to play it in big chunks. So I'm just waiting for things to get a little less hectic before I try to go for it lol. 

 

It's a valid question and I don't take offense to it! 

 

Yeah I'm with you on that. If I see things are going to be hectic for a few months then I just play a few indie games. Witcher 3 will need your whole attention. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2017 at 6:36 AM, Nauticus87 said:

During 'A Dangerous Game' take the cards as the reward

These cards are no longer missable. If you take the money you can acquire the cards from the desk/body of the witch hunter captain when you go to the witch hunter garrison base during Triss’ quest line. 

 

You dont really need to leave low level contacts either. If you play on death march first you can simply switch to easy after the story and do any remaining contracts without oils etc. 

 

Ive done all 3 stacks of Witcher 3 now. I found the quickest way to get the 100% is to do an easy playthrough first and get all the trophies and dlc done. Then do a new game + on death march and just run the main story quests. You will have so many skill points (and the dlc abilities) that you are op throughout the entire run. The only enemy capable of killing you is the last boss (but you can have 3 extra lives anyway if you set up correctly). All you need to do in ng+ is grab the plans for a set of Witcher gear and level it occasionally as you progress. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started this 3 weeks back and I am 64% of the way there in the base game. I messed up Even Odds and will most likely have to do this on Easy difficulty on NG+ or a whole new file as I started in Death March and wasn't that certain of the combat system.

Have pretty much done all of the other missable ones in the main game. Gwent becomes ridiculously easy once you have access to cards like Geralt, Ciri, Commander's Horn and spy cards from Nothern Realms.


I have only made slight progress in Hearts of Stone, but I am currently getting 100% on the DLC. Only got the last act in the base game to go.
At about 91 hours right playtime now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I swore I'd let myself take a break from open world games for a bit after getting Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max plats back to back, but I really want to start this one up. I've heard fantastic things about this and I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

 

Either way, I'm going to start on the highest difficulty (or the highest one needed for the trophy). Is there any sort of missable trophies I should be on the lookout for?

Its an easy plat,cespecially with a guide. My biggest issue was getting all the cards but that was resolved with a patch thankfully. 

 

If you have issues on death march then you can just set up to get your enemies to kill each other then just dispatch the last (certain skills in the game are very overpowered) 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy plat, just a few missables, but make regular saves and youll be fine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.