DLC trophies?

WatashiHyp3r

3 hours ago, Cubone said:

"Free" meaning you have to spend crystals on them, so you have to grind for them - or pay, once paying for crystals is back in there (blind "guess": just after the Christmas sale)

Really? Wow, I didn't know that. But do you get enough crystals in the game? I'm at 55 or so by now and it's not even enough for a single crate.

10 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Really? Wow, I didn't know that. But do you get enough crystals in the game? I'm at 55 or so by now and it's not even enough for a single crate.

I have no idea how much crates cost, I cancelled my pre-order when I heard all kinds of noise about the single player campaign, and I haven't heard anything yet that made me change my mind.

I don't know how expensive the DLC will get, only that you'll have to "pay" for it, even for the story DLC.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Crystals aren't the main currency, credits are. I would save them.

3 hours ago, Cubone said:

"Free" meaning you have to spend crystals on them, so you have to grind for them - or pay, once paying for crystals is back in there (blind "guess": just after the Christmas sale)

22 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I have no idea how much crates cost, I cancelled my pre-order when I heard all kinds of noise about the single player campaign, and I haven't heard anything yet that made me change my mind.

I don't know how expensive the DLC will get, only that you'll have to "pay" for it, even for the story DLC.

That's not the case at all, lol. Nothing has been said that you need to pay for anything, especially Story DLC.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Velaxity said:

That's not the case at all, lol. Nothing has been said that you need to pay for anything, especially Story DLC.

A way of gaining credits is turning in cards you have multiples of, and a way to get cards is by buying loot boxes with crystals, and crystals could be bought with real money, and can be bought with real money again in the future.

I didn't say pay for it, I said "pay" - as in it costs credits/crystals to unlock. 

On December 4, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Cubone said:

A way of gaining credits is turning in cards you have multiples of, and a way to get cards is by buying loot boxes with crystals, and crystals could be bought with real money, and can be bought with real money again in the future.

I didn't say pay for it, I said "pay" - as in it costs credits/crystals to unlock. 

or by playing the game. i don't think p2w aspects will return. i know what you meant, you dont need to pay for anything with the dlc apart from heroes and star cards obviously, but not maps, story or the dlc in general lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velaxity said:

or by playing the game. i don't think p2w aspects will return. 

That makes one of us. EA specifically said they turned off transactions for now so ut seems obvious that they will bring it back.

2 hours ago, Velaxity said:

iknow what you meant, you dont need to pay for anything with the dlc apart from heroes and star cards obviously, but not maps, story or the dlc in general lol

... So all DLC except maps and story have to be paid for with in-game currency? Seems like "DLC in general" to me... And no maps won't be paid for since that goes against the "everyone playing together" idea but everything else except for story definitely needs credits to unlock. I heard even the story DLc needs credits to unlock though I can't seem to find that source now.

Also it's not 'obviously' that you need credits to unlock heroes, that they're doing that was kind of a big part of the anger towards the game :)

On 4.12.2017 at 2:53 PM, Cubone said:

What

On 4.12.2017 at 6:11 PM, Cubone said:

What

On 4.12.2017 at 6:54 PM, Cubone said:

I read your comments and created an account just to reply. Are you making this stuff up or just heard it from your tin foil hat-wearing friend? 

You don't turn cards into credits whenever you feel like. If you have 4 duplicates in a crate, you automatically get 200 credits for each (level 1 card), cheapest crate costs 2200, so you actually lose your credits. It's not a way of gaining credits.

You buy loot boxes for credits you get by playing the game.

You don't need any crystals.

13 hours ago, Cubone said:

That makes one of us. EA specifically said they turned off transactions for now so ut seems obvious that they will bring it back.

... So all DLC except maps and story have to be paid for with in-game currency? Seems like "DLC in general" to me... And no maps won't be paid for since that goes against the "everyone playing together" idea but everything else except for story definitely needs credits to unlock. I heard even the story DLc needs credits to unlock though I can't seem to find that source now.

Also it's not 'obviously' that you need credits to unlock heroes, that they're doing that was kind of a big part of the anger towards the game :)

I don't think you know what "free DLC" means. It means that you don't have to pay for it with real-life currency.

I didn't say pay i said "pay" hehe you know like with crystals that you will buy for real cash because it's pay2win game. Goddddddddd that's so dumb.

What are you expecting - if in a standard game you have to buy star cards and heroes, why would it be any different with DLC. You get the same content from the start - maps, challenges, you have to buy the same stuff - heroes and cards. Most games use this system. I don't remember any outrage with GTAV and its updates - you got free modes and maps, but you didn't get all the new cars and weapons for free.

You play the game, you get money, you can buy them if you want to. That's how free DLC works, that's how most DLCs work for that matter. 

I'm not saying the game is perfect. Loot box and progress system is very bad actually. I can say this, because I know how it works - you don't. If you don't want to play the game, don't, find some info on message boards or even youtube, but please stop posting about it acting all sarcastic and like you know anything. 5500 posts on a gaming board and still can't do proper research on a single game, not to mention gaming per se. 

• Like 2

On 04/12/2017 at 1:53 PM, Cubone said:

I’m confused by what you mean by “them”. If you mean crates, you don’t have to buy them with crystals. You can also get crystals through completing challenges, though unless they add more at some point challenges are limited.

8 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I’m confused by what you mean by “them”. If you mean crates, you don’t have to buy them with crystals. You can also get crystals through completing challenges, though unless they add more at some point challenges are limited.

I meant credits there, not crystals, I confused the two. With "them", I meant DLC, all except maps - the characters and other stuff you pay for with credits, and the story DLC, which at some point was rumoured to be unlocked by credits as well.

The idea behind the system is ('allegedly', before more people start ranting that it's not true) that you CAN use credits to buy loot boxes (and become stronger), but that you'd rather save the credits for characters and other stuff, and just buy crystals with real money for the loot boxes.

Can you tell me more about the challenges? I was very excited about the game a while ago but the beta as well as all the stuff surrounding both this game and EA's other decisions made me so annoyed I cancelled on it. In case this is the first place you hear me talk about the game, I'm not even into multiplayer so I don't care about the loot boxes myself, my problems are with the single player campaing being disappointingly short and without a real ending, and EA cancelling single player Star Wars games left and right.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I meant credits there, not crystals, I confused the two. With "them", I meant DLC, all except maps - the characters and other stuff you pay for with credits, and the story DLC, which at some point was rumoured to be unlocked by credits as well.

The idea behind the system is ('allegedly', before more people start ranting that it's not true) that you CAN use credits to buy loot boxes (and become stronger), but that you'd rather save the credits for characters and other stuff, and just buy crystals with real money for the loot boxes.

Can you tell me more about the challenges? I was very excited about the game a while ago but the beta as well as all the stuff surrounding both this game and EA's other decisions made me so annoyed I cancelled on it. In case this is the first place you hear me talk about the game, I'm not even into multiplayer so I don't care about the loot boxes myself, my problems are with the single player campaing being disappointingly short and without a real ending, and EA cancelling single player Star Wars games left and right.

Tbh I’ve been getting so many duplicate cards in crates (and I still have a ton of things left to unlock) that I’d never spend any money on a crate anyway. The credits you get back for getting a dupes is a really low amount as well compared to the cost.

You get 20 challenges for the campaign which mostly unlock credits and special crates. You also get crafting parts to use on upgrading cards for collecting everything in a mission.

The other offline challenges (21) are for Arcade which take a lot more time (rewards for getting headshots, not dying etc) and you get a skin for Han if you finish all the 3 star missions.

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

It won't take too long to get the characters after the new update came that changed the amount of credits you get after match. Rank 50 takes around 80-100 hours at the moment and I believe you can get all the characters in around 15 hours of playing, but this will change of course after the DLC characters become available. There is no other stuff to buy because weapons are unlocked by completing milestones for example "Kill 50 enemies" and cards are behind the loot crates. By the way, I don't like the loot crate system cause it's so random what you get and you get too many duplicates.

On December 5, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Cubone said:

coincidentally someone from ea said today they most likely won't bring them back, but i hope they do, especially for cosmetics. i didnt say only those 2 lol, i said 2 things you dont need 2 pay for. i wasnt going to list everything which is why i said "dlc in general".. because u heard it doesnt mean its true, telling others of things uve heard and treating things as fact isnt really that reliable, especially when u dont own bf2. it is obvious they were gonna make hero prices lol. but yeh hope they bring microtransactions back, for cosmetics too.

Edited by Velaxity
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 6:35 PM, Velaxity said:

Yeah seriously, you may have to unlock the heroes again but with credits that have only gotten easier to earn in the mean time, so yes DLC is absolutely free and you don’t have to “grind” or pay for lootboxes etc!

On 12/6/2017 at 9:09 PM, Riddler535 said:

It won't take too long to get the characters after the new update came that changed the amount of credits you get after match. Rank 50 takes around 80-100 hours at the moment and I believe you can get all the characters in around 15 hours of playing, but this will change of course after the DLC characters become available. There is no other stuff to buy because weapons are unlocked by completing milestones for example "Kill 50 enemies" and cards are behind the loot crates. By the way, I don't like the loot crate system cause it's so random what you get and you get too many duplicates.

at least they changed the duplicate compensation so you get double and triple for higher tier duplicate cards. I personally think they should eliminate the chance of you getting duplicates at all, it’s pointless. 

• Like 1

I wish they would change the credit refund into crafting parts, at least we would get something towards the cards we want to make instead of just a rebate to buy more crates to maybe get more duplicates. 

Contrary to what a lot of the public says I enjoy the card and crate system, it just needs some improving - like what I mentioned above. 

I was also holding off on getting the level 50 trophy until I saw if there were DLC trophies so I could knock them out at the same time. After seeing some new Battlefield 1 trophies show up before Last Jedi season ones it seems less likely Battlefront 2 will get them.

• Like 3

I sure hope there will be dlc trophies or it may end up being a grind after all.. I could see going to like 35 just playing and having fun (at 26 now) but that’s about as far as I’ll go without more dlc trophies.. then it’s just grinding to 50 :( but we’ll see.. new heroes and maps drop on Wednesday. 

Mans yes you should get crafting parts instead that would make way more sense and the amount it would take to craft that level of card. That would be fair

On 12/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, steel6burgh said:

Honestly since its free dlc I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more trophies.  Fine by me because if they add a level 100 grind there is no way i'm doing that.  leveling up to 50 is painful enough.  

Warframe, GTA V, Overwatch, Just to name a few. All free DLC with trophies ?

Edited by Ethan