PS4 Exclusives for a Completionist/Newbie!

PhantomFear94

Phantomfear9494 here.  I'm primarily an Xbox One/360 and Nintendo fan (NoHeroes94 on both), but I'm a gamer who loves gaming and finds console wars stupid, so I'm getting my own PS4 for Xmas. I have already started an account playing 4 games to date on my gf's console, and I'm pretty tempted to make my account a PS4 exclusive only account (console or full exclusive), as my main account is Xbox One is where the majority of my completion's and friends are :) I might play non-exclusives too in the future if they get preferential DLC treatment (i.e. Watch_Dogs 2) or if they are free with PS+, but I'm not sure yet. 

I would love some recommendations on what PS4 exclusives you'd advise I play.  Please, not that  I'm an avid "completionist" and would aim to platinum/100% virtually every game I play (e.g., on XB1 I have 122/129 XB1 games at 100% achievements incl. DLC) so a realistically completable game would be preferred! It doesn't have to be super easy or quick but I probably won't be trying Bloodborne/Street Fighter V!) Plat is the main thing, DLC isn't as important.  Thanks! 

Already Completed: 

The Order: 1886

Heavy Rain

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Games I know I'll be attempting (* = unsure, italics = unreleased)

NieR: Automata 

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

inFamous: Second Son

inFamous: Last Light 

Until Dawn

Horizon Zero Dawn (+ DLC) 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 1

Not just Uncharted 4, you should play all the Uncharted games and you should play them in order. 

It's like a history lesson. Playing them in order is like watching a development studio grow, slowly, before your eyes. The difference in quality from each entry to the next is astounding, especially if you play them back-to-back. 

That, and also because a lot of the emotional impact of Uncharted 4 assumes that you have played the previous games. 

Uncharted: Lost Legacy is also great, but should definitely be played after all of the others. For story reasons and, secondly, because it has the single best level from any of the Uncharted games IMO, so all that playtime will be leading towards a great crescendo if you leave it until last.  

• Like 2

Here my recommendations:

Tales of Berseria: Average of about 100 hours to platinum, it took me around 120 hours and was very grindy but easy to do. Nothing too challenging, I's give it a 3/10 difficulty. The game, story and characters are great though, highly recommend it! Overall, an easy but very grindy plat.

Nier Automata: A very easy and short platinum (about 30 hours), excellent and refreshing action battle system. The selling point is the amazing story as it has a lot of depth and the characters are very interesting. It's open world with exploration, side quests and many many endings. 

FFXII TZA: I'm a huge FF fan so I can't help but recommend this. The FFXII remake is done wonderfully, with additional features since the original PS2 one, like trial mode, x2 and x4 game speed and the intricate job system. Quite challenging with lots of super bosses and difficult hunts even at max level, so if you're into strategy and planning equipment etc. as opposed to just plowing through, then this game is great. The platinum can be gotten in about 80-100 hours, although it's taking me closer to the 100 mark as I did a lot of exploring. Platinum difficulty is low, about a 4 or 5 I'd say. Overall, a fairly long but moderate plat.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5: I've played all the original KH games and they are fantastic in terms of story, the battle system which is action RPG, and of course the interesting mix of characters from FF and Disney along with a fairly intricate storyline. If you are good with action games, then the platinum might not be too hard but I suck as action games, in particular KH but just play for the amazing story so I personally found the platinum next to impossible. My brother got them all though as he's really good at KH and it's his favourite game, so I'd say this one is skill dependent. As it's a couple of games in one, each game has their own platinum so it's good value for money, but each game excluding the cut scene only games takes about 80+ hours to plat so it's long, but rated about 6 or 7/10 difficulty.

Easy platinums that are adventure drama style are games like Life is Strange, Beyond, Danganronpa 1.2 reload, Root Letter and the Steins Gate games. Sherlock holmes is another easy short one. All of these would be like a 2/10 difficulty and can be done in under 15 hours excluding Danganronpa which is super long (80 hours) as it's 2 games in one but only one platinum unfortunately.   

Persona 5 is a long platinum but I don't think it's difficult. I'm not into Persona games, but it's highly rated and said to be one of the best RPGs of 2017. 

• 3 months later...