[CONFIRMED] Dark Souls coming to PS4/X1/NS

Gwendly

@DrBloodmoney and @GoldenShaka Thank you for the responses. you want to know something odd, I enjoy Piranha Bytes games yet they have clunky controls yet for some reason the Souls games controls just feel too much like a chore. I do not want every game to be DMC fast as variety is good. Due to your responses i might try out Dark Souls 3 (gamefly and a dummy account are wonderful things).

It is good when gamers can acknowledge that not all games fit everyone's play-style and can admit their favorite games have flaws. Most of My favorite games last Gen are not without their flaws but that is a different topic.

• Like 2

I love my Switch but this is a PS4 buy, I'm not missing the trophies on Switch games but there is no chance of me playing this again without them. Demon's is my favorite souls game but Dark Souls got allot of play time by me and that plat came naturally after time. It's a master piece, they all are to me.

Praise the Sun B*tch*s!

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 3

Game can already pre-ordered. 39.99$ is a decent price IMHO but looks like the official release is on 2018/05/25 instead of 2018/05/24.

Link

I'm curious how many people will buy the trilogy box. I mean 489.99$? Really? I think even a die-hard fan won't pay this much. And furthermore, it seems to be released in Japan only.

Source

14 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

I’m curious how many people will buy the trilogy box. I mean 489.99$? Really? I think even a die-hard fan won't pay this much. And furthermore, it seems to be released in Japan only.

I’m a die hard Souls fan and I paid NZ$900 for the Dark Souls 3 Prestige edition. Was it over-priced? Probably but then that’s somewhat common here in New Zealand. We always seem to pay more for games and movies, maybe it’s just because we are so far away from NA or EU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m a die hard Souls fan and I paid NZ$900 for the Dark Souls 3 Prestige edition. Was it over-priced? Probably but then that’s somewhat common here in New Zealand. We always seem to pay more for games and movies, maybe it’s just because we are so far away from NA or EU.

Wow, 900 bucks is really much! D: But who am I to judge? I've spend a few hundres Euros just on a fucking comic once. :P

• Like 1

Dark Souls Remastered Level Design “Unchanged” 

今回のリマスター版では、オリジナル版の手に汗握るレベルデザインはそのままに、いくつかの変更が加わっています。オンラインマルチプレイの機能拡張 や、グラフィックの最適化などにより、アクションRPGの金字塔を、Nintendo Switchで快適にお楽しみいただけます。

Translation:

In this remastered version, the original’s “make your hands sweat” level design is left unchanged, but some changes come bundled in. Enhancements to online multiplayer and graphics optimizations allow Nintendo Switch players to comfortably enjoy this pillar of Action-RPGs.

Now, this seems to confirm level design is unaffected, but does not necessarily discard re-inclusion of cut assets, changes to enemy placements, or tweaking of covenants in general.

https://fextralife.com/dark-souls-remastered-level-design-unchanged-says-nintendo/

On 1/20/2018 at 4:07 PM, KANERKB said:

Still one problem, if they do this, will dark souls 1 still have the crapy lag/ frame drops in blight town or not also will it add in new things like a weapon or two or some kind of way to know what to do to get the dlc started or something.

The blight town question seems to be everywhere I read about this re-release. 

As for the adding weapons and whatnot, who knows? Dark Souls 2 did this well on its PS4 release (at least, I thought it did), so I'm hoping for something similar here.

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

The blight town question seems to be everywhere I read about this re-release. 

As for the adding weapons and whatnot, who knows? Dark Souls 2 did this well on its PS4 release (at least, I thought it did), so I'm hoping for something similar here.

Well it is true as on ps4 if stuff gets too much in frame rate the ps4 from what i know lags so bad that you can't do anything, also new weapons might be good or ethen let us have something like let us talk to the girl from the painted world and maybe have her come to the firelink and let us do something as if i remember she was meant to be kind of like maiden in black or the fire keeper we level up at. Been along while so i forgot the name of the people in dark souls 1 so all i remember from her was her tail was an asshole to cut off and she was harmless and everyone loved her fluffy tail for some odd reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 11:28 PM, AvengedEvil said:

I'm curious how many people will buy the trilogy box. I mean 489.99$? Really? I think even a die-hard fan won't pay this much.

I wanted to order a copy, and it's sold out everywhere unfortunately...

4 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

As far as I know, it's not even on sale yet.

Yeah, because it was all sold out already on preorders: amazon japan, play asia, nin-nin-games, ami-ami, cdJapan and other retailers.

Also, the weight of this box-set is 25 kg, holy shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...