[CONFIRMED] Dark Souls coming to PS4/X1/NS

Gwendly

I’m having mixed feelings on the footage we’ve been shown so far. I’ll ignore how some types of armor textures seem to look different in cutscenes than they do in the game, i’m expecting that to be fixed in the final version.

I think my main problem is how the colors look kind of washed out, like everything’s been treated with sandpaper. It’s not something i actively noticed all of the time and the new version does look a lot smoother when i don’t, but when looking at it side by side the difference is often painfully obvious and i cannot understand why they would decide to have it look this way.

image.jpg

I'm not totally sold on the visual changes made to the game in the remaster. It looks better in some places and worse in others. I'm glad it wasn't just a simple port, but I hope they improve things further before release. That 60fps is going to be glorious, though. ? I'm also a fan of the subtle gameplay changes like being able to hold :down: to quickly access the Estus Flask and not having to consume souls one at a time anymore. Having the option to scale down the HUD is also nice. I can't wait for the release date! :D

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

The screenshot Happy just posted does look a bit better on the original.  The remastered version looks dull next to it, especially on the main character & the grass nearby.  That needs fixed.  Anyway, 60 FPS without resorting to a mod on the PC original version is important.  I'm sure they can patch in some fixes for parts in DSR that turn out to actually look worse.  With nearly 2 months to go, there's time for improvement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Aexuz said:

Do you guys think there will be modifications for the trophies?

The remaster offers no new content or significant changes, so I suspect it'll be the exact same trophy list. I'd love to see them add some challenging trophies into the mix, like maybe one for completing the game at soul level 1, or without dying. Something like that. I know it'll never happen though.

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The remaster offers no new content or significant changes, so I suspect it'll be the exact same trophy list. I'd love to see them add some challenging trophies into the mix, like maybe one for completing the game at soul level 1, or without dying. Something like that. I know it'll never happen though.

After so much anticipation imagine if they do the same as Okami PS4 and make it a shared trophy list :S

I was also thinking about the no dying trophy but if they do everyone will probably start making cloud saves and the trophy won't be that hard.

Just now, Aexuz said:

After so much anticipation imagine if they do the same as Okami PS4 and make it a shared trophy list :S

I was also thinking about the no dying trophy but if they do everyone will probably start making cloud saves and the trophy won't be that hard.

That would be extremely disappointing considering how much I've prepared to make sure it's my 200th platinum. It would screw me over pretty bad. :P

Yeah, that and it would encourage people to overlevel their character so it's harder to die, which would end up sucking the fun out of it. I do like the idea of rewarding people who do challenge runs, though. In addition to the soul level 1 thing, they could have a trophy for only using fist/claw weapons, or never using a shield. It would be a fun and interesting way to play the game. :D

6 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It'll probably be the same trophy list, but you'll also need to collect the DLC spells and weapons. That's how it worked when DS2 got a new list for the complete edition.

I'm curious about it. Maybe they will change the trophy images a bit. Hard to tell really.

When I saw your trophy count a couple of days ago I thought you were saving your 300th for Dark Souls ? I guess  is Undead Wolf and me for now for a milestone on this platinum.

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

That would be extremely disappointing considering how much I've prepared to make sure it's my 200th platinum. It would screw me over pretty bad. :P

Yeah, that and it would encourage people to overlevel their character so it's harder to die, which would end up sucking the fun out of it. I do like the idea of rewarding people who do challenge runs, though. In addition to the soul level 1 thing, they could have a trophy for only using fist/claw weapons, or never using a shield. It would be a fun and interesting way to play the game. :D

Same here. I have only been advancing my games but have not earned a platinum in like a month to save it for Dark Souls. I'm in for any trophy set really, everything but a shared trophy list ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I'm curious about it. Maybe they will change the trophy images a bit. Hard to tell really.

When I saw your trophy count a couple of days ago I thought you were saving your 300th for Dark Souls 1f631.png I guess  is Undead Wolf and me for now for a milestone on this platinum.

Same here. I have only been advancing my games but have not earned a platinum in like a month to save it for Dark Souls. I'm in for any trophy set really, everything but a shared trophy list 1f631.png

I probably would have if I didn't have DS2 on the milestone list already, but all the Souls platinums look the same so I thought I'd get something different

Maybe I'll get the Anor Londo one as my 15000th if I haven't already reached it by then