Trophy Discussion (Why are there still games coming out for PS3?!)

Walt the Dog

Last PS2 game came out in 2013, why are you surprised?

There are some games planned for PS3 in 2018, like UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Latest or Rainbow Skies.

And don't forget, lot of people played Persona 5 in PS3 this year.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Never said that it would equate to 1 game per console. 

Nope, but the idea that consoles sold matters here is absurd. Otherwise PS2, DS, and Wii would be a much better choice to release this game on. Hell, why not put it on PSP too. 70+ million of those out there! 

I don't think most people are bothering with digital games on PS3 these days. PS4 is the market leading console. PS3 is not, it's last generation and it was in last place last gen and only ever matched 360 late in the game (for second place). The cell processor also makes it harder to develop for than the PS4, thus more expensive. Most people have moved on from PS3. Software sales aren't as simple as "well PS3 has sold over 80 million so of course this game being there makes sense". Not really. That's ignorant.

Hell PS3's PS Store doesn't even function well on the system.

Edited by Elvick_

Why are we still here ? Just to suffer ...

Maybe cause PS3 still has a big installed fanbase and if you can port it with ease without major downgrades to the old-gen , why not ? It's a business model . Also there are still sports games coming out aswell as Persona 5 and Cars 3 this year for PS3 .

37 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Nope, but the idea that consoles sold matters here is absurd. Otherwise PS2, DS, and Wii would be a much better choice to release this game on. Hell, why not put it on PSP too. 70+ million of those out there! 

I don't think most people are bothering with digital games on PS3 these days. PS4 is the market leading console. PS3 is not, it's last generation and it was in last place last gen and only ever matched 360 late in the game (for second place). The cell processor also makes it harder to develop for than the PS4, thus more expensive. Most people have moved on from PS3. Software sales aren't as simple as "well PS3 has sold over 80 million so of course this game being there makes sense". Not really. That's ignorant.

True, the store on ps3 does suck badly these days... very dysfunctional.

Yes, a lot of people have moved on from digital puchases on the system, but the fact remains most users still have quite substantial backlogs for it- eg: you yourself have 124 plats for it waiting to be popped. Whether or not you or anybody else decides to clear/make a dent in or write off their ps3 backlog is an individual choice.

A console being last gen is by no means a reason to stop supporting it, the ps3 still has a year or three left in it. :)

i know alot of gamers who havent switched to ps4 yet and still are playing older games. i lvoed the ps3 so much i actually bought 5 of them (7 if you cant the 2 bricked ones). i still go game shopping and buy stacks of ps3 games if i can find any i enjoy for a agood deal. im actually one of the ones upset that ps3 has been almost killed off by sony. ive shopped for new ps3s quite often, and everytime i did almost every time the places were sold out or only had 1 or 2 units. the people always said the same thing "we cant get these in stock fast enough"

fact is ps4 is way more profitable for sony. ps3 is a media machine which lets you store tons of bootleg movies and music. ps4 kinda forces you to buy all that and just sucks at media. its easier for them to phase out the costs of making ps3s in order to convert people to ps4. i mean look at the ps3 store, when they upgraded it the browsing became so impossibly slow there was over a 1,500 page on the sony forum asking the to convert it back so people could buy games. yet they never did, instead they focused more on selling advertisements instead of selling games

i for one with more games would come to ps3. its a let down to see the ps plus offer nothing good on ps3 in a long time.

also gaming since the 80s, ive seen people use sony consoles wayyyyyyy longer then expected. especially older single moms. im talking to a girl now who games on ps2. she has a little kid and not much extra money, doesnt care about trophies, but enjoys playing the system still. also some parents will go back a console that cheaper in order to get tons of games as a christmas gift, instead of getting a newer console with 1 or 2 games. ive seen that alot over the years as well if a kid is young enough he most likely dont care about graphics

and then you also have to realize in other countries they dont get some of the games america and uk does, just like we dont get alot of japans stuff. i remember when ps4 came out my friend in greece said ps4 wasnt available in his poor area for a few months after me. same with certain game releases. 

and believe it or not there is actual people who never played a video game before and are just now seeing 8 bit nintendo for the first time

when i got my ps4 and did live stream the first month just to mess around with it, i had tons of people watching from india and other countries. i was amazed by it because they either couldnt afford it or didnt have it. same with posting walkthrough videos, people who cant access or afford games love watching walkthrough playthrough videos. 

the ps3 could live alooooootttt longer if they wanted it to, but it really seems like sony is purposely trying to kill it off and just be done with it. ive had to go with buying used consoles as of late since nobody sells ps3s anymore around here. 

theres also a guy on youtube who collects rare systems and makes videos. he loves gaming so much he actually worked on a new NES game a few years ago that was official i think.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Even the Megadrive still gets games!

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

ps3 could easily fix their ps store, their revenue went down after that horrible gui layout they planted over everything. they are more concerned about packing so many advertisements all over the store because they make more money with advertisements then they do per digital transaction. 

for me to download my back catalog of over 1,000 downloads if my ps3 crashes, i have to load a old game to get into the old download tab in the old store. makes downloading 1000 times faster. that new store is trash your right, i purchase something and my ps3 crashes lol 

LOL, this game was released on PC in 2012 and apparently it was slated for a 2013 release on PC.

It appears as "Canceled" on GameFAQs. WTF.

ps: finally someone says that the PS3 Store has been malfunctional for ages. I can't search for anything because i always get kicked out after a couple of seconds. It's ridiculous. I moved to the PC Store because it was so embarassing.

Edited by Lance_87