God of War 2018 Release Date Leaked - March 22, 2018 UPDATE: Real Release Date Is April 20, 2018

Crzy Minus

WatOLYz.png

Source from the PlayStation Store. I think the date was supposed to be unveiled during PSX, but not like it matters anymore. If anyone is interested.

UPDATE: Release date has been revealed as April 20th of 2018. Not too far off from the previous release date, but still pretty close by for the wait itself.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 4

As much as I am looking forward to this game, I'm going to have to go into it treating it like a new IP. It has so little in common with the old series that it pretty much is a new IP.

It's such a shame that we'll probably never get another true GoW, it's almost criminal that it's big final hurrah was Ascension >.<

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

I highly doubt that date, as it's common for place holder dates to be used internally. Sure, some past God of War games had March releases (GoW 1 & 3 for example) but we haven't seen enough of this game to convince me that it's that far along. If it is, PSX should be interesting this year.

You know it will, and probably have a statue like the others.

Hopefully a big ass statue with him and his son, similar to the Joel and Ellie one ^-^

8 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

as it's common for place holder dates to be used internally.

They have since changed it on PS Store 31 December 2018. 

That's what a placeholder looks like - indicating that a release "sometime in 2018" is expected. 

Based on this, I think 22 March could well be legit. 

Also, Amazon (UK) has listed the concept art book "The Art of God of War" for 15 Mar 2018. Why would they release that miles apart from the actual game? 

1 minute ago, Fragtaster said:

I was refering to the internal placeholder each publisher has, usually for investors. Occasionally these are leaked out to the manufacturers, which is why my mind went to that.

Oh, I get you now. Didn't realise that. 

Still, the fact they changed it rather quickly indicates, at least, that 22 Mar 2018 was not supposed to be displayed, for whatever reason...

Need to get on and play GoW2 and GoW3...

18 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

I highly doubt that date, as it's common for place holder dates to be used internally. Sure, some past God of War games had March releases (GoW 1 & 3 for example) but we haven't seen enough of this game to convince me that it's that far along. If it is, PSX should be interesting this year.

You know it will, and probably have a statue/figure like the others. :)

Haven't seen enough of this game to be convinced its that far along? Where have you been the past year? Plenty of polished footage has been showed off. It's constantly shown it playstations montage commercials on tv and above all else during Paris games week they said early 2018 release so march is definitely considered early 2018. I am not sure what else could convince you then....

On 12/4/2017 at 10:16 PM, KingGuy420 said:

As much as I am looking forward to this game, I'm going to have to go into it treating it like a new IP. It has so little in common with the old series that it pretty much is a new IP.

It's such a shame that we'll probably never get another true GoW, it's almost criminal that it's big final hurrah was Ascension >.<

It was probably due time to change course after the trilogy. There was literally nothing left in Greek mythology for Sony Santa Monica to showcase. The prequels had already been done, and Ascension was basically a rehash of what went on in God of War 2 and 3. 

The new God of War looks a lot slower paced which I’m not entirely happy with. I don’t want it to be another The Last of Us esque game where you have to slowly take your time with it. That’s not what made the God of War franchise so fun to play.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

If that is the case and it does release in March... well, I know what I'll be playing for a week or two at the very least.  Gotta kill more Gods after all.

I am curious as to what the Gods will be looking like in this one, I know they wont be anything like Marvel has depicted them as, so we wont expect to see Hiddleston or Hemsworth as Loki and Thor.  Unless they did get them to voice the characters, that would be pretty amazing, but highly unlikely.

On 05/12/2017 at 5:03 PM, Crzy Minus said:

WatOLYz.png

Source from the PlayStation Store. I think the date was supposed to be unveiled during PSX, but not like it matters anymore. If anyone is interested.

Nice looking forward to this!                                                                           dust3yy.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The extra month of polish will go a long way. Crazy to think that my PS2 journey was so meaningful to me because of the first game in 2005. And now, 8 years after GoW3 released... a new Kratos story. 

Storytelling for the previous God of Wars were... let's be honest... abysmal. Every single game just has the lovable brute yelling at the skies and eviscerating everything in his path. This game, however... you can tell right away that it's getting the Killzone > Horizon Zero Dawn treatment that Guerilla Games did last year. They're taking that winning formula that has been so successful, and they're making a completely different game. The new God of War isn't so fundamentally different as the KZ to HZD shift was for the team, but in the storytelling department, it absolutely is. 

You can tell that Kratos has developed as a character. As someone that knows nothing about the Norse Mythology, I can't wait to learn more, and get so into it that I'll do research in my own time. Because this is what these games have always done to me.

God of War (1) was not the first PS2 game I ever played, but it was the first game on the system that I truly fell in love with. God of War III was my first PS3 game. I cannot wait to see where this new journey takes me next.