thekiffer21

What happend to Playstation 1 and 2 ports?

14 posts in this topic

For a while Sony was re-releasing old Ps1 and Ps2 games on  the PS-Store with added Trophy lists. We got Bully, FF VII, Destroy All Humans, Harves moon, gta san andreas etc.

What happenend to that? I havent heard anything about any new games coming in quite a while. Did the give up on it?

I was reall hoping for Need for speed most wanted..

Edited by thekiffer21

Well the Jak series has finally been put on the store after months, if you want to count those. There was a 3 month gap between Eternal Ring and Jak 1, which is approximately the same length between Art of Fighting Anthology and the rest of the Jak games (in North America at least). So perhaps, we'll see some more releases in 3 months time. Hopefully I'm wrong and some are put out sooner.

Here's where I'm getting all that from. Also you can see some of the games that were leaked or hinted at labelled as TBA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

Edited by Empovyle
typo

FF7 wasn't a classic, it was a port of the PC version. They were only doing it with ps2 games.

They're still coming out, they're just slow. Star Ocean 3 came out not long ago and I think the rest of the Jak & Daxter series is out.

Edit : Ninja'd lol

Edited by KingGuy420

1.jpg

I know they are busy with a remake at oddworld but damn I'm waiting so long for a remake of this game.

Best classic imo

Still weird to see the classic from the first game is such low % in platinum. It's really not that hard :o  (oddworld new 'n' tasty for those wondering)

Jak & Daxter of course, somehow forgott about that one. Still not as much as used to come out.

Wasnt FF7 still part of the idea? As an old ps1 game, i know playstation classics is yet another thing so the title is a little misleading actually..

@Deluziion90 wait it isnt? Should get it then, it's been on my profile for a while. Thought the 3 hour run was insane xD

But i'm not talking about remasters or remakes, but ports of the original game.

6 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Jak & Daxter of course, somehow forgott about that one. Still not as much as used to come out.

Wasnt FF7 still part of the idea? As an old ps1 game, i know playstation classics is yet another thing so the title is a little misleading actually..

@Deluziion90 wait it isnt? Should get it then, it's been on my profile for a while. Thought the 3 hour run was insane xD

But i'm not talking about remasters or remakes, but ports of the original game.

It's possible that FF7 was just an easy attempt to generate hype for the upcoming remaster, after all there aren't any other PS1 ports on PS4 that I know of besides more FF games. PS1 on PS4 doesn't seem to be a program Sony's investing in yet.

(Also the 3 hour run for New 'n' Tasty has a lot of room for error, I remember finishing pretty quickly especially after completing the game 2 previous times for the other trophies. There's apparently an exploit for it even if you struggle but I can't really say anything about that as I never used it. The platinum is so rare because it was free on Plus and most people never bothered to finish it. It's not that hard. You should give it another shot 😉)

2 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

=I was reall hoping for Need for speed most wanted..

Sadly Most Wanted would never happen because the game has licensed music in it and I am sure EA doesn't have the rights from all the owners of the music to publish it again.

31 minutes ago, skateak said:

Sadly Most Wanted would never happen because the game has licensed music in it and I am sure EA doesn't have the rights from all the owners of the music to publish it again.

They could just cut out the music they no longer have the license for, that's what the GTA games do I think

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

They could just cut out the music they no longer have the license for, that's what the GTA games do I think

Yeah but if we are going to compare games we also have to compare publishers and I think we all know who wins a Rockstar vs EA battle. EA doesn't care enough to do something like that. GTA and Rockstar are one of the only series/games and publishers that have been known to do that,

Edited by skateak

1 hour ago, skateak said:

If Rockstar can cut classic songs out of Vice City and San Andreas and re-release them at 23 a pop, EA of all companies definitely ain't above doing it for their older games too. Doubt they'd actually do it though, but there's a precedent for re-releasing PS2 gen games without some of their original music onto PS4.

I'm sure there was talks a few years back of PS1 ports to the PS3 with trophies, but all we've had is FF PS1/PC ports to the PS4. I'd love to see some more PS2 ports and the possibility of PS1 ports to the PS4.

52 minutes ago, SamS7398 said:

I'm sure there was talks a few years back of PS1 ports to the PS3 with trophies, but all we've had is FF PS1/PC ports to the PS4. I'd love to see some more PS2 ports and the possibility of PS1 ports to the PS4.

They had filed a patent to add trophies to all old PlayStation games including the psone and psp

54 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They had filed a patent to add trophies to all old PlayStation games including the psone and psp

I was hoping they will do something like this. There's a lot of aged-like-wine games in there, not to mention reasonable prices.

10 hours ago, skateak said:

Damn that's right, that's a shame.

And i something would be missing if the released it without those tracks..

I stil remember some of them, Hand of blood, Rollin and a few Celldweller songs as well. :)

Edited by thekiffer21