Impossible to beat game due to bug

Fubuki

SPOILERS

OK so I fought Eredin twice and each time when he has a little bit of health left he goes to the second portal and I follow him into it and for some reason the camera zooms out over a boat and I can't move geralt. Then Eredin kills me. It's a shame I'm so close to the platinum and I've been working on it since 2015 only to be stopped by CD Project Reds broken ass game. End my life

Standard edition

USA version

PS4 regular not PS4 Pro

Objective: Kill Eredin

Difficulty: Death March!

1st playthough

Level 29

Edited by BadTitanSlayer
Problem solved

okay I realize what I was doing wrong the reason why the glitch happened was because the objective was incorrect. I was suppose to go to my quests and change the objective from Kill Eredin to follow Eredin. I now have the platinum. Ha, fuck you CD Project Red. I got my platinum

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have now beaten Eredin 12 times on Death March, and its starting to get pretty old... Same problem when the final stage happen, I have no control and get killed off screen, I have tried deleting the game and redownloading, changing the mission objective,, waiting before damaging him i stage 1, waited a minute before entering the portal to stage 3, tried rotating the camera when in this bug. Nothing is working and I am pissed. any insight would be aprecciated from this unforgivable bug that has apparently managed to not get fixed for half a decade.

34 minutes ago, LOL_Jokke97 said:

I have now beaten Eredin 12 times on Death March, and its starting to get pretty old... Same problem when the final stage happen, I have no control and get killed off screen, I have tried deleting the game and redownloading, changing the mission objective,, waiting before damaging him i stage 1, waited a minute before entering the portal to stage 3, tried rotating the camera when in this bug. Nothing is working and I am pissed. any insight would be aprecciated from this unforgivable bug that has apparently managed to not get fixed for half a decade.

Did you see how Titan (op) resolved their issue?  

"okay I realize what I was doing wrong the reason why the glitch happened was because the objective was incorrect. I was suppose to go to my quests and change the objective from Kill Eredin to follow Eredin. I now have the platinum. Ha, fuck you CD Project Red. I got my platinum"

try that and if see it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have also been through this. It is confused me when the camera zoom out and behind a rock what makes me can't see any characters. But as I keep pressing :circle: and :cross: to dodge, the camera suddenly come to the right place. So you can try this.

What make this disgusting is the long loading time...... That really kills me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ran into this bug a couple days ago on Death March. I couldn't move as was reported and my health slowly went down. Eredin triggered by Undying ability and I thought that that was it. Then, I rotated by camera to the right and the camera reset itself to the proper scene. Killed him without further issue.

• 11 months later...

Ran into the same bug today. Im totally desperate and would try literally everything...

What I already tried:

I am playing NG+ on death march. Ps4 Pro

- I tried loading the save, several times and beat Eredin

- Loading way older saves an replay the whole quest which was a pain, and beat eredin

- I deleted the save and saved the game from an older point of the story on a fresh unused saveslot to play again up to the eredin fight and beat him

- I reinstalled the game and beat him

- I installed the game on my 2nd PS4 Pro an beat him

- I installed the game fresh on my PS5 an beat him

- I replayed the whole quest from a fresh saveslot on my PS5 an beat him.

- In all cases I changed the quest manually to "follow him through portal"

- after 3 or 4 tries I also started to always wait about 80 seconds before going through the portal

- I tried changing the camera manually when the glitch occured, the best I could come up with was finding the ship with Eredin on it (the red name was easy to find) from far away like it was far in the back but I could see him killing Geralt, while I couldnt see Geralt directly, I also was not able to dodge or anything, Eredin was too far away, small like a little stickman.

- I managed once to hit Eredin before he passed through the portal and his lifepoints were already down to 0 before he disappeared so I was hoping it would affect the fight and trigger the end right away but it didnt.

- I was always able ro heal myself but I can only take two hits, so my life is not draining slowly it is gone in 2 seconds. Dodging for a while seems to work but it is never enough to endure more than 10 seconds in this state and I dont know if the camera would go back to normal eventually or not, I am not able to live long enough to find out xD

- the cam always went back to normal the very moment Geralt died. Cheeky bitch.

People I need ideas T.T

Everything except for playing the whole game on death march again, that would be ridiculous, since I wouldnt know if I could have the glitch again.

Any ideas when it occours like - is my save already glitched long before the fight?

Is something wrong with any quest I did, or missed, am I even able to fix it somehow? I am starting to doubt that.

(I ran right through death march, no card games, no triss quests no other optional quests and I am like 6 or 7 level under the recommended level for the Eredin quest)

I found a lot of topics like this on google but all ppl seemed to be lucky enough to make it through at some point with one of the usual tricks I mentioned above but nothing seems to work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 3:08 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Ran into the same bug today. Im totally desperate and would try literally everything...

What I already tried:

I am playing NG+ on death march. Ps4 Pro

- I tried loading the save, several times and beat Eredin

- Loading way older saves an replay the whole quest which was a pain, and beat eredin

- I deleted the save and saved the game from an older point of the story on a fresh unused saveslot to play again up to the eredin fight and beat him

- I reinstalled the game and beat him

- I installed the game on my 2nd PS4 Pro an beat him

- I installed the game fresh on my PS5 an beat him

- I replayed the whole quest from a fresh saveslot on my PS5 an beat him.

- In all cases I changed the quest manually to "follow him through portal"

- after 3 or 4 tries I also started to always wait about 80 seconds before going through the portal

- I tried changing the camera manually when the glitch occured, the best I could come up with was finding the ship with Eredin on it (the red name was easy to find) from far away like it was far in the back but I could see him killing Geralt, while I couldnt see Geralt directly, I also was not able to dodge or anything, Eredin was too far away, small like a little stickman.

- I managed once to hit Eredin before he passed through the portal and his lifepoints were already down to 0 before he disappeared so I was hoping it would affect the fight and trigger the end right away but it didnt.

- I was always able ro heal myself but I can only take two hits, so my life is not draining slowly it is gone in 2 seconds. Dodging for a while seems to work but it is never enough to endure more than 10 seconds in this state and I dont know if the camera would go back to normal eventually or not, I am not able to live long enough to find out xD

- the cam always went back to normal the very moment Geralt died. Cheeky bitch.

People I need ideas T.T

Everything except for playing the whole game on death march again, that would be ridiculous, since I wouldnt know if I could have the glitch again.

Any ideas when it occours like - is my save already glitched long before the fight?

Is something wrong with any quest I did, or missed, am I even able to fix it somehow? I am starting to doubt that.

(I ran right through death march, no card games, no triss quests no other optional quests and I am like 6 or 7 level under the recommended level for the Eredin quest)

I found a lot of topics like this on google but all ppl seemed to be lucky enough to make it through at some point with one of the usual tricks I mentioned above but nothing seems to work for me.

Congratulations on the plat! So, what did you do?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5.6.2021 at 7:42 AM, zizimonster said:

Congratulations on the plat! So, what did you do?

Okay, after I "beat" Eredin 16 times on death march and always got stuck with the buggy cam, I changed the difficulty down just to check if it's a death march problem.

And indeed I managed to beat him and get the trophy for the 3rd difficulty.

What I noticed was, that he opened his portal in another corner than the 16 times before.

16 times he opened his portal next to a big rock, in the background are the ships, its where the cam glitches over a large ship, too. I thought thats the way it has to be, but its not.

The 17th time, he opened the portal in the west on a cliff with the sunset in his back. And it didnt glitch.

So I loaded my save with difficulty death march and headed straight ro that rock where the "wrong" buggy portal would pop and I managed to keep the whole fight in this corner, so he wouldnt be able to open his portal here, I forced him to open his portal in the sunset corner. And thats it.

The rock portal is next to the ships and buggy. Only the sunset portal works.

I didnt change the quest even when it was the wrong one, i dont even believe it ever was the problem. The problem is the wrong portal.

• Like 1