Supreme A.I. Targeting Attack

Wellzis

Hey, guys!
Can someone explain to me how do I avoid the Supreme A.I.'s targeting attack?
But please, write like I'm a PRETTY DUMB person! I've read about it ("just dash!"), but still can't escape certain death! =(

Edited by Wellzis

You will be dashing while you are surrounded by the hexagonal targetting anyway, to avoid the larger, expanding circles that are pulsing from the AI body. When the hexagon appears around you, start to do a count in your head. On the SIXTH expanding pink circle, the targetting hexagon will contract, so you will need to watch your timing, and only dash to cross the large circle at the right time so your invincibility frames coincide with the shrink of the hexagon.

its difficult, and I don’t manage it every time, but it generally means you should dash through the first 5 expanding circles at your leisure, but wait a second longer on the sixth one and only dash at the last moment.

The alternative is to ensure you have the ‘smartbomb’ secondary weapon, as this will allow you to fire it at the point of contraction to avoid it, but I don’t recommend that approach. It is still quite difficult to time it correctly and you are better off with one of the more offensive weapons to take out the AI.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wellzis said:

Hey, guys!
Can someone explain to me how do I avoid the Supreme A.I.'s targeting attack?
But please, write like I'm a PRETTY DUMB person! I've read about it ("just dash!"), but still can't escape certain death! =(

Triple dash and smart bomb is the safest way to beat this boss.

• Like 1

Got the platinum! No way in hell I'm staying to beat the secret boss though! lol
Onto the next game!

Obs: if anyone's having trouble with the Architect (on Veteran he's tougher than the Supreme AI, in my opinion), here goes some tips...

Prepatation:
> Get to the boss with all power ups and the rocket launcher. If you don't have at least triple dash and the rocket, don't even try it.
> The more lives, the better, of course.

Phase 1:
> Focus your attacks and missiles on the top-left drone. Destroy it.
> Then destroy the top-right drone.
> As soon as they resurrect, destroy them again.
> When you're not destroying the top drones, you're shooting at the boss (and don't be shy with the Rocket Launcher. Spam it, all phases! You'll just use your regular shots while your rocket is recharging!)

Phase 2:
> Destroy the top-right drone first, cause from now on it'll have the laser that can't be evaded by your dash.
> Then destroy the top-left drone.
> When they're not around, you're shooting at the boss.

Phase 3:
> Same thing, destroy the top-right drone first.
> The top-left drone won't resurrect, so your main problem will be the skulls. Keep placing yourself on a better position, and don't stop shooting! You'll probably lose lives, but if you're not playing too bad, the boss will die first!

"Wellzis, what about placing myself on a better position!? When the top-left drone is active, it kicks my ass with all those bullets!"

Here comes the secret!
Bait the top-left drone shots to the right or left edge and stay there for a bit. When you feel like you can't dodge them anymore (with your normal movement, not your dash), use 2 dashes to the opposite side! The top-left drone will take some time to readjust, giving you plenty of space to shoot whatever the hell you need to! Your last dash will be used when the shots get near you again! You'll then dash to the middle and keep walking for 1 or 2 seconds while your dashes recharge! Repeat!

This dash strategy won't be perfect against the skulls from phase 3, but the good news is that their shots are less tight than the top-left drone. You can free flow with your dashes when you're feeling overwhelmed! As I said, you'll probably lose lives here, but don't suck too hard and the boss will die first!

Edited by Wellzis
  • Like 2