2018 release schedule

skinner49

The Lost Child and The 25th Ward: Silver Case have release dates for March 2018 in NA according to Amazon. I also pre-ordered Yakuza 6 and DISSIDA Final Fantasy NT. I may also be getting Radiant Historia or Secret of Mana but that depends on my wallet.

If we are indeed getting the initial Secret of Mana game from the Super Nintendo era onto modern consoles, that is definitely on my must buy list. 

We need Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger released. Waited a very long time for those games to get modern support. 

Too bad we can’t get Earthbound or Super Mario RPG on the PlayStation.

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

If we are indeed getting the initial Secret of Mana game from the Super Nintendo era onto modern consoles, that is definitely on my must buy list. 

Well, it is more of a remake/remaster of the game, graphics update and all that: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/product/EP0082-CUSA09537_00-SECRETOFMANAPREO

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, it is more of a remake/remaster of the game, graphics update and all that: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/product/EP0082-CUSA09537_00-SECRETOFMANAPREO

Bit disappointed with this. 

But I can see from a business standpoint they’re trying to attract newer players into it. 

Not sure what I will think of a Chrono Trigger remaster. The PS1 version was definitely the best. 

Capcom knows how to port over games. The Megaman games (Megaman Legacy Collection Vols 1 & 2) are exactly how they were back in the day on the old consoles. I don’t see why this can’t be the same thing. 

Day of the Tentacle Remastered has both the old and new interface, which I thought was very clever. A feature like that would do wonders for an old school RPG like Secret of Mana.

Edited by Spaz

From what I'm getting God of War, Spiderman, and Days Gone are all set to release in 2018. They're all PS4 exclusives so eventually I would like to try them out and eventually platinum the game.

God of War is without a doubt possibly the biggest exclusive to be released this upcoming year. Not sure how I feel about the game looking a bit slower than past God of War games. The angle between Kratos and his son feels like more of a The Last of Us type approach. Story seems to be a lot more prevalent here, whereas in past games the story was mostly an afterthought to the sheer gore and blood Kratos inflicted and endured.

I personally don't enjoy movie licensed games or games based off of superheroes all that much but Spiderman may look to be pretty enjoyable. Insomniac Games has always had good standards and I'm confident they will pull through. Definitely looks and sounds reminiscent of the Spiderman trilogy from last decade, which I actually enjoyed. Come to think of it, Spiderman is probably my second favorite superhero, behind Batman of course.

We have enough zombie and post apocalypse games already. Days Gone is Bend Studios new IP for the Playstation 4.  They did a solid job with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. But to be fair I don't want it to be another The Last of Us or The Evil Within type of game. Because as I said already, we got more than plenty of those types of games. I'm a little skeptical about this game, so I'll probably wait for the reviews to come out before I'll decide if I'll buy it.

Detroit: Gone Human doesn't have an official release date but it looks pretty unique. Still have Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls I need to play through, but I'll have plenty of time for those before Detroit is released in stores.

Sucker Punch's newest IP was a bit of a surprise for me. I always envisioned Sucker Punch to be a Seattle based studio, as they are located in Bellavue, Washington. The inFamous games, especially Second Son make complete sense. Definitely wasn't expecting them to announce a samurai open world game. Looks pretty sick. The Japanese Feudal Age was a pretty remarkable time period, but not too many games have covered that era. Will be looking forward to future gameplay footage, and hopefully an official release date.

Really happy with all the games being released in 2018.

Would like to know what FromSoftware is up to, and the game We Happy Few, not sure about that one yet.

Also a release date for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Vanillaware) would be cool too.

Whatever happened to Death's Gambit? It was supposed to release this year. It looks like a 2D-Dark Souls.

Edited by Primeape