Resident evil 6, buy or pass?

drummerklg

You guys will convince me to buy it or pass on it, it's only $25 at gamestop, my brother had it, and he asked me if I was going to play it so he would keep it until I beat it, but I just couldn't make up my mind, I only played Resident evil 5, and only got halfway through Resident Evil 4, so i'm not a hardcore fan, it looks fine, I heard it's not what it used to be, it's more action than horror, but since I really don't follow the series, that won't matter to me, so what do you guys think?

It is more action than horror.

I remember shitting my pants as a kid lol.

nothing really scary at all, but it is pretty fun imo.

been playing co-op with my friend and it is quite fun. 

It's the first one I've played on PS3.

I think its worth $25 

I payed $55 NZD and I don't regret paying that much.

I'd say go for it $25 can't hurt. 

Well in my opinion i enjoyed the game a lot its not a survival horror game like the original games is more of an action oriented game i have been a fan since the first one came out and this game doesn't disappointment the game got a lot of bad reviews because fans expected the game to be a survival horror one like the early games anyway if you like action games you will enjoy it and i recommend it.

• Like 1

They've made soome good changes in the recent patches, including improving the camera, improving the way QTE parts are handled, adding a partner for Ada's campaign so it can be played in co-op, improving chapter select, a new difficulty mode, difficulty adjustments and a lot of unlockables are now unlocked from the start, so since thee reviews and initial impressions came out Capcom have worked on improving it.

I love the old games and wasn't interested in the co-op action games of the series, but I was surprised to really enjoy 6. It could use more polish in some places, but it's a fun co-op game. Everything about the game is mostly good, but occasionaly dips in quality, like the atmosphere, or QTEs spoiling the gameplay, even some of the visuals. Overall it's a big budget, fun experience I would recommend though.

A lot of DLC is coming out now and 5 got its "Alternative Edition" a year later, so it may be several months yet before 6 gets its next release. The DLC is nothing exciting so far so I wouldn't bother waiting, but maybe they'll come out with some interesting extra content soon.

bought this for My son 4 weeks back. watched him played it a couple times, can't say I'm overly impressed with it. I'm sure I will eventually get around to it.eventually. but @ $25 I would get if I was U, even if it was to put it on da back log.

• Like 1

You guys will convince me to buy it or pass on it, it's only $25 at gamestop, my brother had it, and he asked me if I was going to play it so he would keep it until I beat it, but I just couldn't make up my mind, I only played Resident evil 5, and only got halfway through Resident Evil 4, so i'm not a hardcore fan, it looks fine, I heard it's not what it used to be, it's more action than horror, but since I really don't follow the series, that won't matter to me, so what do you guys think?

If you only got halfway through with RE 4 I say pass on it. Series went downhill after code veronica in my opinion. Is that price used or new? Ask if you need an online pass to play.

• 4 weeks later...

I say pass. RE5 was fun, story-ish, and had a nice upgrade system that rewarded risk and adventure.

RE6 has none of this. It's another turn in the wrong direction for the franchise. No difficulty curve, no escalation. I played about 30 minutes of the Chris campaign, and all of Ada's. In both of these campaigns, the very first enemies have guns, and there is absolutely no build up to enemies with them. RE5 held enemies with guns off for a little bit so you could enjoy a little classic zombie horror, and when you started getting proficient upgrades, they changed it up. Over all, I hated the experience, and me and my friend/coop partner ended up just going back to RE5 to have fun.

• Like 1