Truly Infamous Trophy

Zolkovo

I'm just on the verge of finishing my 2nd (evil) play through, having sped through and religiously stuck to main missions. Now I expected the Truly Infamous trophy to pop alongside Evil Sphere (which automatically locks you into infamous fame) but the trophy did not pop despite the meter showing as maxed. Any thoughts? I always use rolling save files when applicable so I can actually load up a save just before that particular mission and grind out infamous manually. I was just wondering why it didn't pop as I expected it to, and as many guides out there said it would.

Edited by Zolkovo
Typo

Thank you for your replies!

@PSXtreme_ I'm typically exactly the same way with my first play-through of games; knocking out side activities/quests alongside the main story. Whenever it comes to subsequent plays, I honestly just want to get it over with as soon as possible since the game play hardly changes.

56 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

OK, so you probably have a few options here to try:

1. Reload a previous save and try again.

2. Keep playing normally and see if it pops

3. Do something good to raise your meter and then do Evil stuff to become truly infamous again.

@Beyondthegrave07 I think option 1 is probably my best bet, since I continued with side quests for a good couple of hours to no avail. Also choosing to use the Ray Sphere permanently locks your karma to infamous and it's impossible to change it regardless of how many good things you do.

22 minutes ago, Mosik_YP said:

I think this trophy might be bugged. There is another thread and the user said

Delete the GAME data, kill some civilians, POP

@Mosik_YP I'll give this a go if nothing else works, seems like a pretty rare bug since I couldn't find many other tropics on this.

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

Thank you for your replies!

@PSXtreme_ I'm typically exactly the same way with my first play-through of games; knocking out side activities/quests alongside the main story. Whenever it comes to subsequent plays, I honestly just want to get it over with as soon as possible since the game play hardly changes.

@Beyondthegrave07 I think option 1 is probably my best bet, since I continued with side quests for a good couple of hours to no avail. Also choosing to use the Ray Sphere permanently locks your karma to infamous and it's impossible to change it regardless of how many good things you do.

@Mosik_YP I'll give this a go if nothing else works, seems like a pretty rare bug since I couldn't find many other tropics on this.

I mean, just enough to make it not maxed out and Max it out again. I'm aware that you are stuck as infamous once you picked that option. I don't remember when my trophy popped, I want to say it was around the same time as Evil Sphere.

Edit: Ha, I got it around confirmed bachelor.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I'm will be going through my evil playthrough pretty soon so if it is a common bug I will update my post. I remember when I played it back in the day I never had this issue, unless OP has missed something, perhaps the trophy will pop after a certain point in the game?

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I mean, just enough to make it not maxed out and Max it out again. I'm aware that you are stuck as infamous once you picked that option. I don't remember when my trophy popped, I want to say it was around the same time as Evil Sphere.

Edit: Ha, I got it around confirmed bachelor.

@Beyondthegrave07 Ah I see, thank you for that info. I found the root of the problem for anyone else who stumbles on this thread with the same issue. Since I had rushed through the story, by the time I reached the second to last mission my karma was still only at outlaw. After using the Ray Sphere, it pushed me up to infamous, but not to maxed infamy which is what all guides and forum posts neglect to mention. It's quite difficult to see how much the meter has filled with the colour contrasts but after grinding out the evil side missions and working towards the 100 bio-leeches, it finally maxed out et voila - trophy!

6 minutes ago, Mosik_YP said:

I'm will be going through my evil playthrough pretty soon so if it is a common bug I will update my post. I remember when I played it back in the day I never had this issue, unless OP has missed something, perhaps the trophy will pop after a certain point in the game?

@Mosik_YP Considering this is the penultimate main story mission, it's not a case of waiting for the right point in the game. The reason most people don't have this issue is that they reach max negative karma long before the end-game through various trophy grinds/side quests etc. This issue will only apply to those who rush through the evil playthrough for cleaning up evil related story trophies. Hope this helps anyone else who comes across this seldom reported scenario.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

@Beyondthegrave07 Ah I see, thank you for that info. I found the root of the problem for anyone else who stumbles on this thread with the same issue. Since I had rushed through the story, by the time I reached the second to last mission my karma was still only at outlaw. After using the Ray Sphere, it pushed me up to infamous, but not to maxed infamy which is what all guides and forum posts neglect to mention. It's quite difficult to see how much the meter has filled with the colour contrasts but after grinding out the evil side missions and working towards the 100 bio-leeches, it finally maxed out et voila - trophy!

@Mosik_YP Considering this is the penultimate main story mission, it's not a case of waiting for the right point in the game. The reason most people don't have this issue is that they reach max negative karma long before the end-game through various trophy grinds/side quests etc. This issue will only apply to those who rush through the evil playthrough for cleaning up evil related story trophies. Hope this helps anyone else who comes across this seldom reported scenario.

That's interesting but makes sense. Maybe add that to the comments section of the guide here on PSNP.