What's Your Gaming Routine?

Kaiten_the_Hero

Hey everyone, not sure if this will be as interesting as I think it'd be, but I recently got a new Job and I thought it'd be interesting to know how others plan out their Gaming in-between times at work.

So yeah... what do you do?

Personally, since I've only recently started I haven't noticed MUCH change, but I am seeing myself getting slowly more focused on games that I know I'll enjoy, rather than buying anything I think MIGHT be good. I have usually been putting about 2-3 hours every other evening myself. 

I usually play maybe an hour or two in the evenings on workdays. Weekends are wide open, unless I go out but the real world is scary so I don't do that much. :P

Very rarely (if I wake up early), I do some gaming before work.

Of course if there's a MP session planned I blow off all other plans (except work, gotta eat).

• Like 2

Depends on when my classes are when I'm at my course, but generally after classes I would do a bit of gaming.  Unless there's a big gap between them, then I'll go home, maybe game for an hour or two (depending on the gap).

But holidays wise, can be a bit different in that it's back and fourth as to when I'll game, but generally around lunchtime is fine with me, not in the mornings... I'm still waking up after all :P

• Like 1

My routine depends on a lot of things, sometimes i have time to play and sometimes i spend days without playing PS4 like it was this week!
December is a horrible month, there is always a lot of work at this time of the year ... but i prefer to play in the morning

9 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Game

Eat

Sleep

Repeat

Of course I'm joking but I squeeze gaming in wherever I can. Luckily, I do have lots of time to game in my day to day but some days I don't get to at all.

- Hah yeah I get you :)
At least you usually have time to enjoy yourself :)

8 hours ago, Heath Legend said:

Whenever I'm not at work, cos I got no friends or life ... horayyy 1f644.png

- Ah xD
Do you work a lot?

8 hours ago, Makilio said:

I try to play for a few hours every day after work unless I'm exhausted or have other plans. Trophies don't flow in as fast as they used to, but progress is progress.

- I agree with that, as long as you can get time to yourself for a bit, every minute helps :)
I've uninstalled a lot of games recently because I'd rather spend the time playing stuff that I know I'll enjoy.

8 hours ago, Jigglypuff said:

Well, between jobs right now. However, I usually start playing in the late afternoon or evening. Rarely in the mood for it earlier in the day for some reason. Since there are fewer things distracting me, I do most of my gaming...

fgBic5T.gif

- :P 
I have problems playing games in the morning myself, not sure why, just can't be arsed hah

8 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I usually play maybe an hour or two in the evenings on workdays. Weekends are wide open, unless I go out but the real world is scary so I don't do that much. :P

Very rarely (if I wake up early), I do some gaming before work.

Of course if there's a MP session planned I blow off all other plans (except work, gotta eat).

- I know right!? The real world has too many annoying people :P
I can get behind that, do it when you can like :)

8 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

After kids go to bed... unless the wife wants to watch a tv show with me. I usually get 2-3 hours in each evening unless I have a show on I want to watch. I'd consider that pretty good considering life happens and gaming takes a back seat a lot of times!

- Yeah that sounds okay to be fair :)

Take it when you can :)

7 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Depends on when my classes are when I'm at my course, but generally after classes I would do a bit of gaming.  Unless there's a big gap between them, then I'll go home, maybe game for an hour or two (depending on the gap).

But holidays wise, can be a bit different in that it's back and fourth as to when I'll game, but generally around lunchtime is fine with me, not in the mornings... I'm still waking up after all :P

- Oh that's not too bad then :)
Oh yeah, give yourself time to wake up xD

6 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

My routine depends on a lot of things, sometimes i have time to play and sometimes i spend days without playing PS4 like it was this week!
December is a horrible month, there is always a lot of work at this time of the year ... but i prefer to play in the morning

- Oh I know, its annoying sometimes isn't it?
At least there's the thought that once the year is over it'll start to calm down a bit more, plus you'll have a bit of extra money :D
I have times when I won't play the Playstation for months, no reason to it though, really bizarre.

6 hours ago, closertim said:

When kids are asleep.  Or if I'm on nightshift and the kids are at school it's game on.  

- Cool :D
Good to have time to yourself at times :)

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I don't have one really. Which is why I'm all over the place. :P

It's hard to balance games with anime, shows, movies, and life [not that I have much of one~].

- Ahh :)
Oh its a pain isn't it? So much stuff to watch, read and play, so little hours in the day! 

I'm the stay at home parent so usually after the kids calm down or whatever. Sometimes I take a week or two off of playing games to focus on adulting and spending time with the wife. Trying to find that balance of game time and responsibilities is extremely difficult.

I did tell the wife and kids, when KH3 comes out, I'll be locking myself away for a few days hahah

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Feral said:

Usually play after a grandpa nap cause work/people are exhausting.

Night time is the right time for gaming.

You??,Grandpa nap?? Lol... Think my kids are older than you ? I, on the other hand, am legally entitled to them, ....what with being a fossil and all 

But back on topic - whenever I can

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo

1 hour ago, Crimsonfire44 said:

I'm the stay at home parent so usually after the kids calm down or whatever. Sometimes I take a week or two off of playing games to focus on adulting and spending time with the wife. Trying to find that balance of game time and responsibilities is extremely difficult.

I did tell the wife and kids, when KH3 comes out, I'll be locking myself away for a few days hahah

- I can imagine that's tough, bad enough as it is with just my Partner, let alone adding kids to the mix. But at least you know how to separate alone time with Family time I guess :)
I'm sure they appreciate the time you spend with them! :D
Haha, that made me laugh.

32 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

I like to buy games and searchout deals, so I keep buying games I want to play. Will I ever get to play through all them? Hell no (not even 5% of all my games), but I shall never stop what makes me happy.

As for my gaming schedule, I'm pretty predictable with my monthly routine. I more or less go two weeks out of every month (usually towards the end of the month) and play through one or two games. The rest of my time (and weeks) is dedicated to the stresses of life.

During my gaming phase of the month, I play mostly in the early morning hours, as Ironically, I am most productive then. I also love the morning hours because the world is still a sleep and I can think clearly about the game at hand.  

I'm in my 30's now, so early mornings are no longer the kryptonite they used to be. :P

tmgftr.jpg

- Yeah, do what makes you happy :)
Ahh the early mornings! :L Damn them.

20 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

usually between the hours of 5:20am to 7am (PS4 or Vita), between 12:30 to 13:30 (PS Vita) and 21:00 to 23:00 (PS4) Monday to Friday

Weekends usually between 9am till whenever i decide to leave the house lol 

- That's interesting, I'm trying to set out times myself, but I'm useless with keeping the schedule going xD
Hah, might as well make the most of it! lol

6 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

You??,Grandpa nap?? Lol... Think my kids are older than you ? I, on the other hand, am legally entitled to them, ....what with being a fossil and all 

- "what with being a fossil and all", spilt my tea when I read that haha

Best way to do it, get some gaming done whenever :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

You??,Grandpa nap?? Lol... Think my kids are older than you 1f601.png I, on the other hand, am legally entitled to them, ....what with being a fossil and all 

Ha ha ha ha yeah, a day without Bundy is exhausting. I think they are too, I'm only 27. Still got archaeologists chasing you :P

• Like 1