What's Your Gaming Routine?

Kaiten_the_Hero

2 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

- Ah xD
Do you work a lot?

Nope .. just a really awkward person socially, I want to get out and do stuff, but I just dunno how to be around people, so isolation and pause menus suit me better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feral said:

Ha ha ha ha yeah, a day without Bundy is exhausting. I think they are too, I'm only 27. Still got archaeologists chasing you :P

Oh well, one of my kids is younger than you..... just 

Not drinking Bundy atm, am drinking Jack Daniels and coke..... in a pint glass of course ?

Speaking of archaeologists, do you think Tomb Raider would have sold as well if it had been called Grave Robber?

1 minute ago, damage_6-9 said:

Oh well, one of my kids is younger than you..... just 

Not drinking Bundy atm, am drinking Jack Daniels and coke..... in a pint glass of course 1f37b.png

Speaking of archaeologists, do you think Tomb Raider would have sold as well if it had been called Grave Robber?

Oh so now I'm old :o

Nice, Jack Daniels is a good sub. Course, only way to drink it.

Probably not, it's down with cradle snatcher lol

• Like 1

I game in the evenings, mostly after the baby goes to bed but also sometimes during the afternoon depending on what I need to accomplish and what mood the baby is in. I don't play much on the weekends because that is my time with my husband since we work different shifts. (His game time is the morning when he has the baby.) 

2 hours ago, Metroid-Prime said:

Like everyone else, usually when I'm not working.  During football season, I would hardly do any gaming on weekends because I took over the TV 1f60b.png now that it's over, the trophies are flowing a little smoother!  

- Haha :P 
Well at least the trophy hunting is going smoother now! :D

3 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Since my work schedule has been all over the place lately, I game whenever I have time. Sure, other things take priority but I still like to sneak in at least an hour every day.

- Yeah I can understand that, sometimes you can't get much time. 

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Almost every day except for when I have to spend some time with my family. Either tonight or when my parents are away.

- Oh nice :D

7 hours ago, SolarCat02 said:

I game in the evenings, mostly after the baby goes to bed but also sometimes during the afternoon depending on what I need to accomplish and what mood the baby is in. I don't play much on the weekends because that is my time with my husband since we work different shifts. (His game time is the morning when he has the baby.) 

- Ah I understand, bet its hectic at times with a young baby to look after as well! 
Do you get chance to play together at any point or do you prefer that you have to play separately whilst the other looks after the baby? :) 

7 hours ago, Heath Legend said:

Nope .. just a really awkward person socially, I want to get out and do stuff, but I just dunno how to be around people, so isolation and pause menus suit me better.

- Oh, sorry :(
I think a lot of people are like that though - my partner has S.A.D and Panic Attacks so its difficult for her to be outside with people. It is hard, can imagine. Best to take it slow and just do what you can on a daily basis, even if you can't get out for a while, its good that you at least WANT to do stuff :)

Gaming's a nice way to escape the anxiety though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

- Ah I understand, bet its hectic at times with a young baby to look after as well! 

Do you get chance to play together at any point or do you prefer that you have to play separately whilst the other looks after the baby? :) 

Sometimes we play at the same time. Our baby likes to watch sometimes, and Saturdays sometimes we will stay up late to play.

Usually if we are both home only one plays at a time, but sometimes that means the other PS4 is on pause rather than off! Other times it means Netflix on the other box, though, with a children's educational show on. 

We don't play together as often as we used to. Back before we got married and all through my pregnancy we actually ran an ESO guild together on Xbox and would do dungeons and trials and all together. But life is always changing, and you have to keep adapting, right? It works for us, though, so we are happy. 

• Like 1

It honestly varies.  Mostly, I hop between trophy hunting and going back to PC games.  Sometimes my Wii U so my friends can irritate me in Smash Bros.  Sometimes classic Mario Kart 64.  Maybe some Monopoly.  Those are a few mainstays I can think of.

I would mention Magic too, but no one likes an infect deck with a full set of Rancor \_(o-o)_/

20 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

During my gaming phase of the month, I play mostly in the early morning hours, as Ironically, I am most productive then. I also love the morning hours because the world is still a sleep and I can think clearly about the game at hand.  

Me too! I got this strange feeling playing during morning hours makes me wake up quite fast, quite productive

Mostly i got 40 minutes of gaming time before i go to work, but im probably the most alive person when i arrive at work

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SolarCat02 said:

Sometimes we play at the same time. Our baby likes to watch sometimes, and Saturdays sometimes we will stay up late to play.

Usually if we are both home only one plays at a time, but sometimes that means the other PS4 is on pause rather than off! Other times it means Netflix on the other box, though, with a children's educational show on. 

We don't play together as often as we used to. Back before we got married and all through my pregnancy we actually ran an ESO guild together on Xbox and would do dungeons and trials and all together. But life is always changing, and you have to keep adapting, right? It works for us, though, so we are happy. 

- Exactly! - That's what is most important, despite the many changes you may have to make, if you end up happy with what you have, then that's all that matters :)

10 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Other than watching a movie every Friday and Saturday night, I spend all my spare time gaming. I work 40 hours a week and probably game for around as many hours a week as well. None of this causes my backlog to decrease however.

- Oh crikey xD
I don't know how you do it, barely had this job a few weeks and I'm only on 32 hours (without overtime) but I can already feel myself slipping further back with when I can be arsed to play a game!
Out of interest are you playing games that you know first hand you'll enjoy? Or are you still finding new things to try? 

10 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm gaming a lot each day... Between 3 to 6 pm after work until sports and when i'm back from the gym around 9 pm until i'm tired and wanna sleep (around 12 to 2 am)... Sometimes even before work like 5 to 7 am...

On the weekend mostly from getting up (9 am) until i wanna sleep (2 am) :D

- Oh that's not too bad then, you seem to have a decent 'schedule' of sorts :)
When I started I thought, right, I'll do some Writing before work (another hobby of mine) from like 4-6am and then when I'm back from work, I'll do gaming time from say, 6pm till 10pm. 
So far that has NOT happened xD - I get back home and I'm just like... eff it, I'll watch stuff instead. Maybe its just because I've recently started, might balance out afterwards :)

8 hours ago, Froopy said:

It honestly varies.  Mostly, I hop between trophy hunting and going back to PC games.  Sometimes my Wii U so my friends can irritate me in Smash Bros.  Sometimes classic Mario Kart 64.  Maybe some Monopoly.  Those are a few mainstays I can think of.

I would mention Magic too, but no one likes an infect deck with a full set of Rancor \_(o-o)_/

- Haha nice, god I haven't played Mario Kart 64 in years! 

I've fallen out of PC gaming a lot myself, I think its just because of the Trophy Hunting thing - although I do REALLY want to get back into Guild Wars 2.

I can't comment on Magic, only played it here and there :P  - My friend tried getting me into it and each and every game we played he had to reteach the rules to me (I don't even think they're THAT complicated at first are they? Maybe I'm just an idiot xD).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

When I started I thought, right, I'll do some Writing before work (another hobby of mine) from like 4-6am and then when I'm back from work, I'll do gaming time from say, 6pm till 10pm. 
So far that has NOT happened xD - I get back home and I'm just like... eff it, I'll watch stuff instead. Maybe its just because I've recently started, might balance out afterwards 

I think it's just that Gaming takes thinking and such too. Sometimes I will not play a game for several weeks, preferring Netflix and such, because I needed to relax more. But I always go back to it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

- Haha nice, god I haven't played Mario Kart 64 in years! 

I've fallen out of PC gaming a lot myself, I think its just because of the Trophy Hunting thing - although I do REALLY want to get back into Guild Wars 2.

I can't comment on Magic, only played it here and there :P  - My friend tried getting me into it and each and every game we played he had to reteach the rules to me (I don't even think they're THAT complicated at first are they? Maybe I'm just an idiot xD).

Honestly, it's the best Mario Kart to me beyond MK 8.  The thing is, it comes with alotta memberberries.

Magic isn't so much hard as it is a pay to win game.  Granted, if you're good at deck building, you don't need money too bad.  90% of the game is the luck of the draw and deck synergy (having cards that work together, like Infect cards and +x/+x cards)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Oh crikey xD
I don't know how you do it, barely had this job a few weeks and I'm only on 32 hours (without overtime) but I can already feel myself slipping further back with when I can be arsed to play a game!
Out of interest are you playing games that you know first hand you'll enjoy? Or are you still finding new things to try?

Some games I enjoy while others I don’t. I recently platted Prince Of Persia: The Warrior Within which I downright hated as I don’t like platformers at all. I got PoP: The Forgotten Sands from PS+ and decided to get the HD Trilogy as well thinking they would be similar to the God Of War games not knowing that they were platformers first and foremost. Now that I’ve paid for them I’m going to plat them even though I know I won’t like them because otherwise it’s money wasted. I’m the same way with movies though, if I start watching a movie then I will finish watching it no matter how much I don’t like it because if I don’t finish it then how can I give anyone a truly informed opinion on how good or bad it is.

There are plenty of games I enjoy though. I am currently playing Xblaze Code: Embryo which I got as it comes before Xblaze Lost: Memories which is currently free on PS+. I’ve finished 2 endings so far and I’m thoroughly enjoying the storyline and the characters. Once I’ve platted Code: Embryo I’ll be starting Bladestorm: Nightmare as part of the Weeblympics which will be unlike any other game I’ve played before. I’m looking forward to it and hopefully I will enjoy playing it as it’s a 150+ hour plat lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Some games I enjoy while others I don’t. I recently platted Prince Of Persia: The Warrior Within which I downright hated as I don’t like platformers at all. I got PoP: The Forgotten Sands from PS+ and decided to get the HD Trilogy as well thinking they would be similar to the God Of War games not knowing that they were platformers first and foremost. Now that I’ve paid for them I’m going to plat them even though I know I won’t like them because otherwise it’s money wasted. I’m the same way with movies though, if I start watching a movie then I will finish watching it no matter how much I don’t like it because if I don’t finish it then how can I give anyone a truly informed opinion on how good or bad it is.

There are plenty of games I enjoy though. I am currently playing Xblaze Code: Embryo which I got as it comes before Xblaze Lost: Memories which is currently free on PS+. I’ve finished 2 endings so far and I’m thoroughly enjoying the storyline and the characters. Once I’ve platted Code: Embryo I’ll be starting Bladestorm: Nightmare as part of the Weeblympics which will be unlike any other game I’ve played before. I’m looking forward to it and hopefully I will enjoy playing it as it’s a 150+ hour plat lol.

- Ah I get you - yeah the Prince of Persia games always left me feeling a bit mehh as well. Weirdly though I enjoyed the cell-shaded one that everyone hates. 

I understand what you mean about needing to finish a game/film because otherwise you've wasted money too. Personally, especially lately, I've been falling out of bothering to get 100% on games though, more so if I haven't enjoyed them - you've got the patience of a saint if you're making sure to Plat them all! :D

And you speaking of Playstation Plus has reminded me that my subscription ran out the other day - really must get on that! - Damn pay day being 2 weeks away!
I've not played Bladestorm, hope you enjoy it more than PoP at least! Especially if its 150+ hours!! 

45 minutes ago, myst1ry said:

Usually at night works best for me. (6pm-12am). Sometimes a little in morning.

- Yeah that's about right for most people I feel :)
Do you play many long games, or do you prefer shorter ones?

1 hour ago, Froopy said:

Honestly, it's the best Mario Kart to me beyond MK 8.  The thing is, it comes with alotta memberberries.

Magic isn't so much hard as it is a pay to win game.  Granted, if you're good at deck building, you don't need money too bad.  90% of the game is the luck of the draw and deck synergy (having cards that work together, like Infect cards and +x/+x cards)

- It was a great game in all fairness :D
Ah I get you, with my luck I'd be surprised if even 1 hand was decent :P

• Like 1

I usually don't play in the week as I am too tired from school so often just go to sleep in the evenings. If I'm not doing anything on the weekend I will usually play. When I do play however I find it very difficult to stop and often forget to eat which is a problem in the holidays when my mum is at work lol.

• Like 1

coffee, wife, washroom, work, kids and wife, eat (yep, only once a day), shower, possibly a little work here, and sleep...rinse and repeat most days of the year...gaming and other hobbies slide their way in when the above responsibilities have been met...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

coffee, wife, washroom, work, kids and wife, eat (yep, only once a day), shower, possibly a little work here, and sleep...rinse and repeat most days of the year...gaming and other hobbies slide their way in when the above responsibilities have been met...

Your wife is lucky to have someone who can balance gaming and life.  Kudos!

• Like 3