What's Your Gaming Routine?

Kaiten_the_Hero

9 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I work 40 hours and my girlfriend is pretty busy with her study this year.

My weekly routine is usually:

Work 07:00 -> 15:30

Go to the gym ~ 1 hour

Enter my gaming cave around 18:00 and game till 23:00 / 23:30

Wednesday seeing my girlfriend after work

Friday mostly weekend around 15:00 and game till easy 04:00 - 06:00(yeah I have issues)

Saterday evening: quality with girlfriend

Sunday girlfriend usually stays till 18:00~

and repeat

so yeah I can game a lot xD 

- You lucky sod :P
Nah that's pretty good in all fairness, you seem to be able to manage your time well at least :D

9 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Whenever I feel motivated... Should drink less and game more ?

- Haha xD
OR
You could turn each and every game you play into a Drinking Game ;)

I work very long hours so I usually only fit in 1 hour per day before bed but not on my 13 hour shifts where I'm basically at work from 9am to 10pm. On a normal-ish day where I can come home by 6 or 7pm, I usually play between 9pm-10pm after dinner. On days off, I tend to play in the late evening like around 5pm for 2 or 3 hours. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have one, the only day I regularly get to play is Saturdays since I don't have work and my girlfriends working. One thing I want to do differently next year is play more after work, usually I get in and I'm like "urghhhhhhhhh" but there's really no reason why I can't cram in an hour or so more often. Even an hour of progress toward something is better than nothing. 

• Like 2

On 25/12/2017 at 0:44 AM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I don't really have one, the only day I regularly get to play is Saturdays since I don't have work and my girlfriends working. One thing I want to do differently next year is play more after work, usually I get in and I'm like "urghhhhhhhhh" but there's really no reason why I can't cram in an hour or so more often. Even an hour of progress toward something is better than nothing. 

- I can imagine you'd feel like you need to game more (or want to might be better put), after work the last 2 weeks I've been playing more regularly now. I think if you put your mind to it, you'll quickly feel less tired and then you'll be able to get some gaming time done :)
As you say, an hour is better than nothing at all :D

10 hours ago, pyrotempestwing said:

Currently, I switch between my PS4, Vita and 3DS a lot. Being on disability, I have a lot of free time. And, I’ll even watch TV and YouTube while I play, although I’ll usually pause YT if story happens.

- Oh I'm sorry to hear that (about the disability), hope its at least manageable :)
That's good though, I like watching YouTube when playing games that don't have much story, lately however I've stopped, lack of concentration I guess hah

On a side note, I still haven't gotten myself a Vita again, was going to get one this Christmas but nowhere bloody sells them now aside from online and I'm a bit dubious buying consoles online. 

20 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

- Oh I'm sorry to hear that (about the disability), hope its at least manageable :)
That's good though, I like watching YouTube when playing games that don't have much story, lately however I've stopped, lack of concentration I guess hah

On a side note, I still haven't gotten myself a Vita again, was going to get one this Christmas but nowhere bloody sells them now aside from online and I'm a bit dubious buying consoles online. 

Eh, don’t worry too much about me. My disability is actually mental, not physical (not like a deficiency, I actually qualify as a genius), so I’m not in any pain from it. I won’t go into detail, but I can promise you it is legit.

In the week: 

work 8:00 - 16:30

come home at 17:00

watch tv shows if they not on break 

start gaming around 17:00/20:00 - 0:00/0:30

weekends:

get up around 11:00/12:00

watch Agents of Shield on Saturdays/ Doctor Who on Sundays (if there’s a new episode) and eat breakfast 

then play video games until 1:00/2:00

or my girlfriend wants to do something then i don’t play video games at all or I binge watch a Netflix Series 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 - stress about server shutdowns

2 - can't figure out which game to play

3 - panic to try and find people for x game

4 - get mad that i can't get players for x game

5 - wonder why i bother doing trophies

6 - watch netflix instead

7 - play a game for an hour

8 - go back to netflix

9 - play a different game for an hour

10 - wonder what i'm doing with my life

11 - set up boost sessions on psnprofiles and rinse and repeat.

• Like 4

I've worked as a night security guard for the past few years, so I got to live the dream. I would just play video games, watch youtube, or browse forums all night and get paid to do it. I still had things that needed to be done for the job itself, but pretty much the whole shift was free time that I used for working on my own stuff or just playing games to try to stay awake.

It might seem like an awesome deal, and for awhile it was, but after you work 12-16 hours a night for years it starts to fatigue you really badly. It's hard to keep a decent sleep schedule, it's difficult to make friends when you never meet anyone, and you start to get depressed when you feel like your job isn't getting you anywhere or helping you develop skills. Plus security was legit dangerous and I don't recommend it. 

I'm not looking forward to going into a job with more standard hours because I feel like I'm going to be losing all of that free time, but if other people can manage it, then I guess I can too. Video games are better in moderation anyway. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2018 at 1:37 PM, ImplyingYouCare said:

I've worked as a night security guard for the past few years, so I got to live the dream. I would just play video games, watch youtube, or browse forums all night and get paid to do it. I still had things that needed to be done for the job itself, but pretty much the whole shift was free time that I used for working on my own stuff or just playing games to try to stay awake.

It might seem like an awesome deal, and for awhile it was, but after you work 12-16 hours a night for years it starts to fatigue you really badly. It's hard to keep a decent sleep schedule, it's difficult to make friends when you never meet anyone, and you start to get depressed when you feel like your job isn't getting you anywhere or helping you develop skills. Plus security was legit dangerous and I don't recommend it. 

I'm not looking forward to going into a job with more standard hours because I feel like I'm going to be losing all of that free time, but if other people can manage it, then I guess I can too. Video games are better in moderation anyway. 

- Crikey, yeah I can imagine that would get lonely (the night-time job) - over the last 2 months that I've been back in work, I've noticed that whilst I didn't really play anything for a few weeks, (my partner instead taking the console for most of the gaming, which wasn't much anyway) but it soon set into a routine where I was enjoying my gaming a lot more, knowing that I only had few hours etc. 

Granted my hours have been changed to early mornings so its slightly different now, but I can almost guarantee that you'll find it easier and better with more standard hours :) Might take some getting used to obviously but fingers crossed!! :)

Routine? What's that? I suppose sometimes when the moon is full I get the urge to do something like grind a musou plat. There's nothing or no one stopping me. I've also been drinking a lot less, which I guess explains why I got something like 5 platinums this month alone. I don't know if this phase will pass, most likely I'll get bored at some point and wonder why on earth I did all this, but I intend to take every advantage of it as long as I'm in the zone.

• 4 weeks later...

Gaming? What is that? LOL

I usually game on the weekends if possible, however, sometimes that isn't guaranteed. I work during the day 8 to 4:30 and after work I go straight to school for night classes 5:30 to 8:30. Weekends either end up being a wild card. It can be extremely busy or end up having nothing to do where I can game.

For some years now my gaming time is basically 2-3 hours at night most nights, sometimes stretching to 4 hours. It's mostly 2-3 hours or so now that I have a little kid (6 months old), so basically I start gaming when the wife nurses him and goes to bed after his night routine that we do together. This is generaly around 10pm and I game until 1am, 1:30am tops. I "skip" some days to spend time with the wife. I could squeeze more time in during the weekends, but most often I prefer to spend them outdoors doing stuff with wife/kid/friends or doing something else entirely. Other than that, if I'm playing something grindy that can basically play itself I sometimes play a little on the VITA during work on the afternoons since I work at home, but that's just to do stuff that requires minimum attention, so I barely count it as playtime.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

I normally play PSP/3DS on the bus when going to and coming from work.

Lately I've been only playing when coming from work, because in the morning, I always sleep up to the last bus station.

So, I play a portable system for 45 mins/1 hour every weekday.

I go to the gym twice each week (if possible), and I spend lot of my free time doing volunteer stuff, mainly being a boyscout chief, which means sometimes I have reunions with other chiefs at night or I'm preparing/taking care of some stuff related to it. Then, during Saturdays, I'm with the boyscout kids, if not camping with them, taking me the whole weekend. But the day I game the most is Saturday morning and Sunday.

I'm starting to change my routine because my university is taking all my life. I can play only at night and holidays, but sometimes I have to put my games on the side and study the hole night. So I pretty much have 2 hours free for gaming a day if I want to risk to get the minimum score to pass

4 hours ago, rwd1997 said:

I'm starting to change my routine because my university is taking all my life. I can play only at night and holidays, but sometimes I have to put my games on the side and study the hole night. So I pretty much have 2 hours free for gaming a day if I want to risk to get the minimum score to pass

That was pretty much me for the past 3 years, so since graduating recently, I've managed to play a lot more and it's been freaking great to be able to do it without feeling guilty for doing so.

I have a part time job doing night shifts (I do 1 week, off for 1 week, in 1 week, off 1 week and so on) so I work midnight til 6am, then usually I play until about 11am, do other things that need to be done, go to bed 2pm and sleep til 9pm, then work, and repeat for that week I'm in. When I'm off work for the week, I play whenever I feel like it. I also have 2 games on the go, so if I get sick of one of them, I can go to the next one and go back to the other one when I fancy it. 

• 2 years later...