Bayonetta 3 Official Teaser Trailer - The Game Awards 2017

ziggypossum

No one—not even IP-holders SEGA—wanted to publish Bayonetta 2. It wouldn’t have been made without Nintendo and the series wouldn’t even be a series. No one else deserves this series, because no one else cared except for a few salty fans of the original who don’t buy Nintendo consoles. It’s good to see it staying with Nintendo, and just as sweet knowing the entire series is now going to be portable ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Oh yes, yes I would definitely recommend it. Bayonneta essentially plays and sounds like a female Devil May Cry IV. The story is very intresting and the combat it top-tier. The sequel is almost as good as the original, and expands on the combat in many ways.

The games are generally dark but very silly and over the top. The can also be tough as nails. But if your like me and dig Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Revengeace and Ninja Gaiden II, then you'll love Bayonneta too. It's the same genre of Dantes Inferno, GoW, Lords of Shadows and Dantes Inferno, just way faster and less serious.

If the first two games are ported on a cheap enough price (say, together one full priced game tops), I'm probably getting it and I'll see how much I enjoy it.

AND APPARENTLY BOTH BAYONETTA 1 & 2 ARE HEADING TO SWITCH ON FEB 16

Yeah this and 3were announced about together, I think. It does make it a lot easier for someone like me who never played the series to step into them.

15 minutes ago, Super Glamicom said:

No one—not even IP-holders SEGA—wanted to publish Bayonetta 2. It wouldn’t have been made without Nintendo and the series wouldn’t even be a series. No one else deserves this series, because no one else cared except for a few salty fans of the original who don’t buy Nintendo consoles. It’s good to see it staying with Nintendo, and just as sweet knowing the entire series is now going to be portable 1f918.png

Unrelated but this made me think of the will of Starburns (and his only line in all of Community that I laughed about):

“As for my collection of Styx albums, I leave that to NO ONE, because that’s who appreciated Styx as much as ME.”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Unrelated but this made me think of the will of Starburns (and his only line in all of Community that I laughed about):

“As for my collection of Styx albums, I leave that to NO ONE, because that’s who appreciated Styx as much as ME.”

What do you think his favourite track was? Lady??

7 hours ago, renatabls said:

Mixed feelings about it, i love that they're making another one, but of course it has to be an exclusive to Nintendo... sucks that Sony wasn't the one to get that deal with Platinum, and after Scalebound, i don't see a deal being made with MS any time soon.

PS4 got Nier Automata out of it. 

31 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Great, now I need a Switch. Bayonetta is such a cool character. Glad that Nintendo continues this series. Still waiting for another F-Zero though.

We got Fast RMX on the Switch but other than that I'm afraid F-Zero is dead.

Also Eternal Darkness but that never turned into a franchise, at this point even a port would be great.

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I saw this on the toilet before while checking the news tab on my Switch and shat a brick, thankfully, I was on the toilet already.

But honestly, despite owning it since launch, I never even finished number 2, oh well. 

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere about you sitting "on a toilet" and not "finishing number 2" but for some reason I can't find the connection ??

Great news about Bayo 3. I think it is safe to say Bayonetta will remain a Ninty exclusive for the foreseeable future. Works out for the best in a way. PS4 and XBox got DMC and Nintendo got Bayonetta. All consoles now have a great hack n slash game to play.

28 minutes ago, Cubone said:

We got Fast RMX on the Switch but other than that I'm afraid F-Zero is dead.

It can live! If everyone would stop buying Yakuza games on PlayStatiom, the old Amusement Vision team behind F-Zero GX/AX will finally be free to make a sequel with Nintendo again. And then Super Monkey Ball 3!

But it’s also the perfect vehicle for Platinum Games to create their first racer, and considering their close relationship with Nintendo and the totally on-topic Bayonetta series (and Wonderful 101, Star Fox Zero)....

‘Tis but a dream ?

Edited by Super Glamicom

1 minute ago, Super Glamicom said:

It can live! If everyone would stop buying Yakuza games on PlayStatiom, the old Amusement Vision team behind F-Zero GX/AX will finally be free to make a sequel with Nintendo again. And then Super Monkey Ball 3!

But it’s also the perfect vehicle for Platinum Games to create their first racer, and considering their close relationship with Nintendo and the totally on-topic Bayonetta series (and Wonderful 101, Star Fox Zero)....

‘Tis but a dream 1f61e.png

It's Nintendo who thinks they shouldn't do an F-Zero because they "can't keep it interesting", ignoring that in many other franchises they've been doing the same stuff over and over again.

Honestly though, Fast RMX is really an F-Zero game without the trademarked names (and one new gameplay element). It's really awesome and I'd advise any fan of F-Zero with a Switch to download the game and check it out. It was one of my three day one games on the Switch and it did not disappoint.

7 hours ago, Cubone said:

If the first two games are ported on a cheap enough price (say, together one full priced game tops), I'm probably getting it and I'll see how much I enjoy it.

I'd say that's pretty likely. When the first two games were bundled on the Wii U (which might have been a USA only deal), it was a full priced game price ($60 in the USA). Basically first-run copies got the first game as a free bonus. Anyway, for the Switch version I've seen a special edition show up, so I'm thinking the standard edition will be cheaper. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be $40 instead of $60, but either way it should be a fair price. Apparently the games will be sold separately on the eShop.

Also, B2 Switch is going to include online and local co-op, so it has some extra content added.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16750044/bayonetta-nintendo-switch-date-trailer-tga-2017

34 minutes ago, Gengar said:

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere about you sitting "on a toilet" and not "finishing number 2" but for some reason I can't find the connection ??

I'm glad I wasn't drinking something when I saw this, because that's great. Give this man a medal!

Edited by MosesRockefeller

10 hours ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Nintendo is a corporation not your firstborn, you don't need to defend them so vehemently. Yet you have the temerity to call me a fanboy, you may be the living definition of the term 'lack of self-awareness'.

I own three games on my Nintendo Switch, my first real Nintendo console since the N64. Don't really think the term fanboy fits me in this particular instance. I like to think of myself as a gamer. Maybe you should try it sometime outside of one specific brand. Fanboy.

Edited by Valyrious

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It's genuinely amusing how many people bad mouth the Wii U for its failures, but fail to register why it failed. Which would be the lack of third party titles, exclusives and otherwise.

The Switch is less than a year into its life span, and it's getting a lot of the Wii U's failures right. And what are some narcissistic people's opinions of this? OH WELL THE WII U WAS TRASH LUL. Ignoring the issue entirely.

I think the Wii U's problem was not only lack of third party titles but also lack of interesting titles (Wii U is the only Nintendo home console I never bought since I started gaming (on the SNES)), and because neither dev nor player knew what the deal was with the iPad controller. The Switch fixes that; it's clear and obvious what you can do with it and it has been clear from the reveal, and it has a better planned line-up with more interesting titles.

For all the stupid stuff Nintendo doesn't get; they did get why the Wii U failed and how not to repeat it.

9 hours ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

What do you think his favourite track was? Lady??

Not to be a downer but I really hate Starburns, it's a one dimensional character who was loved by the series' creator and got too much screen time, taking away time from funnier characters like Fat Neil, or Gareth. I also don't actually know that much about Styx.

17 hours ago, Valyrious said:

All Bayonetta games have come out and been announced since DMC4 came out in 2008.

There were rumors about SoulCalibur VI and DMC5 before the Game Awards show. Only the former was announced. But the funniest thing is that the rumor of the latter had a lot more details, like the playable characters and where it was set in the official timeline... SC6 only had the platforms but they were wrong, LOL.

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Gengar said:

I'm sure there is a joke somewhere about you sitting "on a toilet" and not "finishing number 2" but for some reason I can't find the connection 1f914.png1f914.png

Great news about Bayo 3. I think it is safe to say Bayonetta will remain a Ninty exclusive for the foreseeable future. Works out for the best in a way. PS4 and XBox got DMC and Nintendo got Bayonetta. All consoles now have a great hack n slash game to play.

I think it's safe to say Nintendo will stay proper buddy buddy with Platinum for a while, only to let Microsoft buy them and turn them into the Kinect Sports team.

42 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Huge fan of the first one yet they go and release it exclusively for the Switch. Absolute ballocks. 

You do realise, as others have mentioned, that the second game was Nintendo exclusive already, right? And that even the devs have stated that there wouldn't even have been a second Bayonetta game if not for Nintendo?

The publisher, SEGA, did not think Bayonetta was a priority franchise, and neither Sony nor Microsoft stepped in to help. Nintendo did.

Just like Sony didn't feel like helping with funding Rise Of The Tomb Raider, so the devs/publishers went to Microsoft, who did want to help, and got it exclusive for a year. Nintendo helped a lot more on Bayonetta than Microsoft did with Rise - Microsoft only handed over some money, Nintendo oversaw development - so the series going exclusive was a given. Obviously, Nintendo still sees Bayonetta as a lifeworthy franchise or it wouldn't release this soon in the console's life; this must have been planned for a while. And naturally PlatinumGames has no reason to now shun Nintendo, the one company that stood by them when others did not.

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I think it's safe to say Nintendo will stay proper buddy buddy with Platinum for a while, only to let Microsoft buy them and turn them into the Kinect Sports team.

I thought the decision to not renew their contract with Rare was stupid at the time; these days it seems obvious that Rare was running out of steam and losing good employees left and right. The company that Nintendo broke with was not the same company that made Donkey Kong Country or Goldeneye 007.

I understand why people are upset it's a Switch exclusive. But then again, a lot of games (that the switch can handle) are exclusive to PS4/XBO/PC and I don't see the Nintendo people complain about it that much. ?

Good thing I have a PS4 AND a Switch. It's the best gaming combo imo!

I will definitely double dip on Bayonetta 1+2 and get 3 when it releases. Still can't believe I'll be able to play all three games anywhere, anytime! :o

Here's hope they are also porting Wonderful 101. Heck, just port all games from WiiU to Switch at this point!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I understand why people are upset it's a Switch exclusive. But then again, a lot of games (that the switch can handle) are exclusive to PS4/XBO/PC and I don't see the Nintendo people complain about it that much. 1f914.png

Good thing I have a PS4 AND a Switch. It's the best gaming combo imo!

I will definitely double dip on Bayonetta 1+2 and get 3 when it releases. Still can't believe I'll be able to play all three games anywhere, anytime! :o

Here's hope they are also porting Wonderful 101. Heck, just port all games from WiiU to Switch at this point!

I just finished Wonderful 101 and it was great. It would be cool on the Switch, with HD Rumble and portable play. 

18 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There were rumors about SoulCalibur VI and DMC5 before the Game Awards show. Only the former was announced. But the funniest thing is that the rumor of the latter had a lot more details, like the playable characters and where it was set in the official timeline... SC6 only had the platforms but they were wrong, LOL.

Oh yeah I know DMCV is happening, but we're probably not going to hear about it until Sony's E3 conference in 2018. I'm still pretty sad by it though! But, again, very happy to be able to play Bayonetta 2, and the prospect of Bayo 3 is very enticing.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:45 PM, SarpEsen said:

Noooooooooo!!! I hoped that it won't be a switch exclusive. 1f622.png1f622.png1f622.png

Blame Sega for not having the sufficient faith in the proyect and financing the sequel when they had the opportunity. Now, this is great, i have a though decision: ?What should i buy?: ?A PS4 or a Nintendo Switch?