Death Stranding - Game Awards 2017 Trailer

ziggypossum

It's only a trailer and I'm already mindboggled by this game. I can tell it's going to be a blast especially with all the Lovecraft stuff going on :P

Also did that baby inside Norman Reedus give a thumbs up?

I know this game is so far out it's probably not worth getting excited about now, but these Death Stranding trailers are so fascinating to watch. I love 'em! ^_^ With that being said, they should probably just go quiet on this game now until they're ready to show gameplay, because yes, this is supposed to be a video game. No idea how it's actually going to play. :P

I also really enjoyed Kojima coming out on stage with Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus. That man is a treasure. :lol:

I am super effin' stoked for this! Ever since the first trailer, I've been fascinated and questioning what the hell this game is about and this trailer has piqued my interest even more. I also have to add that my boyfriend is the absolute best because he pre-ordered this for me 4 months ago. <3 On another note, Death Stranding better win some damn awards!

• Like 1

Confusing.

I just hope that the game isn't going to be a painfully generic clunky sci-fi/military shooter, or open world game, or both... with a trippy, nonsensical story.  Since that's basically the category I put the Metal Gear Solid games in (and as hard as I've tried I've always found the MGS series so unappealing).  Maybe I'm still just sour that Silent Hills isn't happening, and this doesn't look like Silent Hills 2.0.

Probably still pre-order it though. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

13 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Confusing.

I just hope that the game isn't going to be a painfully generic clunky sci-fi/military shooter, or open world game, or both... with a trippy, nonsensical story.  Since that's basically the category I put the Metal Gear Solid games in (and as hard as I've tried I've always found the MGS series so unappealing).  Maybe I'm still just sour that Silent Hills isn't happening, and this doesn't look like Silent Hills 2.0.

MGS is anything but what you described though! haha

Just now, MMDE said:

MGS is anything but what you described though! haha

Agree to disagree.  The series has always been a terrible stealth shooter with a crazy story IMO.  Only thing I'll give it, is that it had some creative boss battles and the odd amusing fourth wall break.

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

Agree to disagree.  The series has always been a terrible stealth shooter with a crazy story IMO.  Only thing I'll give it, is that it had some creative boss battles and the odd amusing fourth wall break.

Agree to disagree??? It's certainly not a generic military shooter, certainly not painfully so. xD Neither are most of them open world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Fair enough, add the word "stealth" to that description and get your panties unbunched.

It's mostly stealth and action. Still don't get the "generic" part either. I can totally get complaints about overly complicated story. But what you described just wasn't MGS, at all. Generic open-world military shooter. xD This is coming from someone who can't stand military shooters, always getting bored to death of them.

Edited by MMDE

30 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It's mostly stealth and action. Still don't get the "generic" part either. I can totally get complaints about overly complicated story. But what you described just wasn't MGS, at all. Generic open-world military shooter. xD

It's a shooter... just a clunky, awful one.  Label it "action" if it makes you feel better.  Take away the batshit story and it's probably the least appealing AAA series out there.  At least no more appealing than any other awful stealth shooters out there.  I guess that's my gauge for "generic".

EDIT: Also, note I said "or" open world.  I realize that only applies to MGSV, but it still applies.

EDIT 2: I'll rephrase... "I hope Death Stranding isn't an awful game masked by an overcomplicated story that barely manages to keep up with itself like most of the MGS series.  The trailers so far aren't reassuring."

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Absolutely mental trailer. Loved it. Raised some interesting themes and concepts. I really like that Kojima is releasing interesting glimpses into the world like this. Right now it isn't really about seeing gameplay etc. Right now it's about a true gaming artist setting the scene for a brand new IP. Gameplay will come in time, but seeing gameplay now isn't really the point I reckon.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Confusing.

I'm a little worried about it, to be honest. Kojima unfettered has generally been a disappointment to me, as he focuses so much on his nonsense stories and plot twists.

Given that his trailers are doing the same thing, I share your (potential) doubts.

• Like 2

Bro, I love this so much, but im so mind fucked xD 
I saw a good comment on the video 

somewhere where he theorized how like something like the big bang (in the trailer kept talking bout explosions) happened again effectively creating another universe on top of this universe and everything is screwed up like nothing works the way its supposed to yadayadayada, anyways I thought that sounded super cool.

Anyways here's another comment I didnt buy into so much but still thought it was a great idea too.

">Rapture happened years ago, taking a sizable portion of the human population to paradise, but stranding the sinners on earth

>Demons are roaming the planet, seeking for sinners to torment

>People carry around babies, because they are innocent and offer a sort of sanctuary from the demons in their immediate vicinity

>This sanctuary is purely visual masking however, and sounds can still alert the demons to a person's presence (This is why the demon was able to see and pursue reedus for a while, before he crawled closer to the baby and shut his mouth)

>The oblivion of death is preferable to the untold torments the demons can inflict upon you

>Bridges is an organization that was formed to unite all those left on earth under one flag and to figure out a way to survive

>The program wasn't a complete success, and some groups have worked for their own interests all this time, finding a way to turn the demons powers towards their own purposes or perhaps even somehow allying with them (Mikkelsen's character)

Death Stranding is a post-apocalyptic game in the most literal sense."

I just wanted to show these because I have fun theorizing even if they arent too I think its a big part of the fun before something is released.