A new Tomb Raider game is coming...

VeldinX

So a new Tomb Raider game is coming, who knew? Oh and it’s definitely, most certainly called Shadow of the Tomb Raider, probably.

It was leaked a while ago, now finally teased officially with a proper announcement coming in the new year. With the film coming out in March it wouldn’t be unthinkable to presume the game will release around the same time.

Square...

Honestly...

A new...

Driven by...

Our journey...

We simply...

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Parker said:

I wonder if they learned their lesson with Rise of the Tomb Raider and plan to release their new game on both PS4 and Xbox simultaneously?

Parker

I would hope after the backlash they received the last time they will have, however nothing surprises me these days. 

1 minute ago, Karlsson89 said:

Did you find the hidden message yourself? I completely missed it.

I am glad the series is alive and a return already next year is a pleasant surprise.

It’s been doing the rounds, not sure who discovered it to be honest. 

I was very disappointed with the sequel. People said "ooh, it's more like the classic Tomb Raider now" and I was hooked... Turns out the introduction is classic Tomb Raider, and then it's back to the exact same stuff that the first game in the reboot did.

I don't need another Uncharted. I don't want long gunning sequences against humans. I preferred when it was mostly platforming, puzzles and the occasional animal/monster.

With increased platforming in Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy, those two were the pinnacle of the franchise for me and much more enjoyable than the Tomb Raider reboots.

And now there's a new Tomb Raider movie coming, which looks to be exactly the story of the first latest reboot game. Shame they can't be more original.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Radebe78 said:

If it`s true, this reminds me of Assassin`s Creed games, forcing 1 or 2 games on us every year....which essentially dilutes quality.

If this were to release next year that would mean at least 2 years apart from the last which is a very common gap between release dates for a sequel for these type of games. Usually only rpgs and rockstar  sequels tend to have much wider gaps between them. 

21 minutes ago, Radebe78 said:

If it`s true, this reminds me of Assassin`s Creed games, forcing 1 or 2 games on us every year....which essentially dilutes quality.

What are you talking about? It’s been two years already since Rise came out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fragtaster said:

Not necessarily true. The average development time for a AAA video game these days is 3-4 years. Games like Call of Duty and Assassins Creed manage annual releases because there are different teams handling each installment, and more than one installment being developed at any given time.

Yes that is true but I said sequels which usually come out 2-3 years between each other at least for any sequel that is not a rpg series. 

2 hours ago, Cubone said:

I was very disappointed with the sequel. People said "ooh, it's more like the classic Tomb Raider now" and I was hooked... Turns out the introduction is classic Tomb Raider, and then it's back to the exact same stuff that the first game in the reboot did.

I don't need another Uncharted. I don't want long gunning sequences against humans. I preferred when it was mostly platforming, puzzles and the occasional animal/monster.

With increased platforming in Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy, those two were the pinnacle of the franchise for me and much more enjoyable than the Tomb Raider reboots.

And now there's a new Tomb Raider movie coming, which looks to be exactly the story of the first latest reboot game. Shame they can't be more original.

I agree however, I still enjoyed it way more then I thought I would.  One thing I did like about classic TR is the amount of depth the Platforming had. There was a lot of precision jumps and the best part there were hidden secrets and underwater swimming.

One thing that drives me nuts with the new Tomb Raider games is that Hidden Secrets can all relatively be found through the Mini Map which kinda defeats the purpose. On top of that, the collectibles are really repetitive.

4 minutes ago, fyiByas said:

I agree however, I still enjoyed it way more then I thought I would.  One thing I did like about classic TR is the amount of depth the Platforming had. There was a lot of precision jumps and the best part there were hidden secrets and underwater swimming.

One thing that drives me nuts with the new Tomb Raider games is that Hidden Secrets can all relatively be found through the Mini Map which kinda defeats the purpose. On top of that, the collectibles are really repetitive.

As long as there's still people around who enjoy it, I guess. I'm a bit bummed because Tomb Raider was a guilty pleasure of mine, other than Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy, I don't really see a replacement.