Considering this game, but....

Deluziion90

Waiting for all hints to come up is annoying, because they seem to trigger after a somewhat random time. Sometimes you have to wait for a couple of minutes and it's like 150 or so of those. 

The speedrun is also kinda annoying because you're at Trico's mercy. If he's not listening to your commands, there's not too much you can do. 

I think it's a wonderful game, but those two trophies I guess will turn most people off. They're not hard in terms of skill you need to do them though.

Edited by drthomys
  • Like 4

I typically suck with games but I found this game mostly easy. I think it's mostly just having the persistence of playing the story a few times and keeping track of all the collectibles along the way, which I actually had a lot of fun with.  Also yeah, as said above the hints are a little buggy but they do carry over through multiple playthroughs.

Everything like the speedrun are really lenient as I remember for like the first half hour of my 5 hour speedrun I was pissing around finishing up collectibles and still got the trophy, it seems a lot more lenient than ICO (Which I still don't have the platinum for, lol)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I typically suck with games but I found this game mostly easy. I think it's mostly just having the persistence of playing the story a few times and keeping track of all the collectibles along the way, which I actually had a lot of fun with.  Also yeah, as said above the hints are a little buggy but they do carry over through multiple playthroughs.

Everything like the speedrun are really lenient as I remember for like the first half hour of my 5 hour speedrun I was pissing around finishing up collectibles and still got the trophy, it seems a lot more lenient than ICO (Which I still don't have the platinum for, lol)

How lenient is it? i am struggling to give perfect jumps in a few places, i am following this walkthru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxqNzdsQGw&t=2330s

Maybe i should try another one? It has been stressfull sometimes...

Also on the topic, this by far is the most handful platinum i am hunting. i really don't understand why such a trashy list of trophies. i love the game, but the trophy hunting experience is starting to sink FOR ME. Imo, play it in an alt acc. Then you'll know if it's worth your time.

Like others have stated above, some of the trophies (especially from a trophy hunter's perspective) are extremely tedious, and being at the mercy of AI to cooperate with you during your speedrun is potentially a dangerous gamble. From what I have seen of the game, it is absolutely crucial that you have an understanding of the path you are supposed to take without having to backtrack or getting yourself turned around. 

Some trophy hunters may be too busy or might prefer quicker trophy hunting experiences, leading to a low completion percentage. However, earning the platinum is a badge of honor in my opinion!

3 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I actually wrote the guide for this game :P I give some tips here, basically getting on Trico and pressing :r1: + :triangle: three or more time will almost always get him to jump. Before you have access to those commands you'll always wanna run to the location you want Trico to jump from and press :r1: and so on

47 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I actually wrote the guide for this game :P I give some tips here, basically getting on Trico and pressing :r1: + :triangle: three or more time will almost always get him to jump. Before you have access to those commands you'll always wanna run to the location you want Trico to jump from and press :r1: and so on

I read your whole guide dear ^_^ your tips are very helpful and in my next plsythru i am going to follow intensive care beggining to end. I hope i get this plat ?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The Platinum is a nightmare yes, but it’s doable. If you want my advice, get this game. It’s amazing. Don’t let trophies dicatate what you play because that’s ridiculous. I got this game because I’m a fan of Team Ico (SOTTC is one of my favorite games of all time) and because I heard the hype train behind it was off the rails. Believe me, it does not disappoint. Although I must say it was a mistake trophy-hunting on my first playthrough because it got me really frustrated with the game and I didn’t enjoy it to the fullest.