Stardew Valley coming to Vita in 2018

ShadowStar83x

Stardew Valley has been confirmed for a Vita release in 2018. So if you want to do some Harvest Moon style gaming on the go, here's your chance! If you own the PS4 digital version, you get it for free. However, it won't have next year's multiplayer update:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/08/stardew-valley-coming-to-vita-in-2018?abthid=5a2af7ca1d1d0d5878000005

• Like 2

Hm, so far, my roommate and I share one physical copy of the game. The game having cross-buy makes it a bit more interesting to buy it digitally for myself. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get any cross-save which is sad. One farm alone is so much work, playing two different farms would be kinda a waste. But I would definitely recommend the game to anyone who doesn't have it. And on Vita all the more as it gives a nice Harvest Moon feeling then and the days are short enough to play through one in quick while riding the bus

I have 40+ hours into this on the Switch and I have to say, I would never play this on a PC or home console. Handheld is where this game is at.

Enjoy, Vita fans! Be sure to pick this up day one and sponsor this dev as the whole game was made by just one person, and he's only asking €15 for a gane that provides dozens of hours of relaxing fun.

23 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hm... if it's not crap, I may be glad I didn't pick it up for PS4 yet.

Personally, I think the graphics are crap on a television. I'm absolutely not into pixel-countable graphics though (in games that weren't actually released over twenty years ago), with a very rare few exceptions that convinced me they work (Shovel Knight, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds, Axiom Verge). I can stand graphics like this on a small handheld screen, and Stardew Valley looks better that way. It's also great on handheld because it's a game you can just play a few days of at a time, one day lasting twenty minutes or so.

I bought it thinking I wouldn't enjoy it but willing to sponsor such a project and such a dev. Thought it would be Miecraft But With Farms at worst, Sim City But With Farms at best. It's very appealing to the side of me that wants to plan stuff and the side that wants to chill, though.

4 hours ago, chellesan said:

Bah to bad I buyed the switch version allready I was thinking it would never come to the vita 

3 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Thank.. god.. I was pretty close getting this for my switch.

Do you prefer a game on the Vita if it's on the Switch as well?

If so, is it just because of trophies or something more?

Just wondering, personally I'd prefer the Switch because of the bigger screen and better grip comfort (and easy switchability to television).

20 hours ago, Cubone said:

Do you prefer a game on the Vita if it's on the Switch as well?

If so, is it just because of trophies or something more?

Just wondering, personally I'd prefer the Switch because of the bigger screen and better grip comfort (and easy switchability to television).

Trophies and I prefer the battery life on the vita opposed to the switch. I find the switch dies a lot faster for me which is a huge turn off (obviously). I initially only bought the switch only for exclusives(same with my Xbox One and others) so I'd rather keep it that way. I carry my vita around with my a lot more because I find it more of an easier system to take with me because it is smaller and doesn't take up a lot of room, my switch on the other hand though, it's regular rectangular generic case, it just too much for me to carry around. Plus I've only put my system in dock mode once.. even though I have a screen protector on mine, I get extremely paranoid about messing it up.

If it came down to it, I am more likely to play games on my vita instead of the switch because I'm more of a Sony nut than anything and I'm just personally a lot more comfortable playing on their platforms opposed to others. I also do own PS TV and a lot of the games that have been coming out lately have PS TV support, so when it comes to wanting to play them on a bigger screen I certainly have no problem.

Edited by DuckSwimmer