Stardew Valley coming to Vita in 2018

ShadowStar83x

Glad to see it being announced for Vita. this is a game i'm really interested in but kinda refuse to buy it on Ps4, i don't want to sit in front of my Tv doing this type of game, would rather love much more playing it on Vita quitely maybe before sleeping, much better! So i'm happy to see it's coming, hopefully in a nice cured version and not a shitty porting! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 5:50 PM, Simple Rick said:

I have 40+ hours into this on the Switch and I have to say, I would never play this on a PC or home console. Handheld is where this game is at.

Enjoy, Vita fans! Be sure to pick this up day one and sponsor this dev as the whole game was made by just one person, and he's only asking €15 for a gane that provides dozens of hours of relaxing fun.

I have never a fan of the Harvest Moon type of games because it asks so much of you, but I could watch a Let's Play of it to see if it's for me. ;)

5 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I have never a fan of the Harvest Moon type of games because it asks so much of you, but I could watch a Let's Play of it to see if it's for me. ;)

Wait, what?

Super Meat Boy asks much of you.

Völgarr The Viking asks much of you.

Stardew Valley gives you a house with some land, a bit of money, some seeds, and then tells you to relax and do whatever you feel like.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Stardew Valley gives you a house with some land, a bit of money, some seeds, and then tells you to relax and do whatever you feel like.

Maybe I didn't phrase that correctly... I meant that a Harvest Moon game usually requires you to keep tabs on your crops and farm or it'll get neglected and spoiled, and I really suck at micro-management.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY! Official, release Date, May 22Nd!

What a great news! I'm interested in this game since it came out but don't really wanna play in on a TV it looks so much more like a Vita game and finally we can play it there indeed where it fits best :3 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2018 at 4:32 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

Maybe I didn't phrase that correctly... I meant that a Harvest Moon game usually requires you to keep tabs on your crops and farm or it'll get neglected and spoiled, and I really suck at micro-management.

A bit of a late response but Stardew Valley has sprinklers for the crops (so they won't die, not even at the end of a season if you repair the greenhouse), and livestock can't die (it'll just stop being happy and producing milk/eggs/whatevs if you don't feed it enough).

5 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

FINALLY! Official, release Date, May 22Nd!

What a great news! I'm interested in this game since it came out but don't really wanna play in on a TV it looks so much more like a Vita game and finally we can play it there indeed where it fits best :3 

38 minutes ago, Izul said:

Finally. Stardew Valley is definitely a game that is best played on Vita, looking forward to it. 

Of course, "Vita" here means handheld in general :)

I agree that this isn't really a big screen game, but the game has been out on the Switch and several tablets for a while, which are portable as well. Personally I'd prefer the Switch version over the Vita because the Switch has a bigger screen and with my hands I've always had issues with prolonged use of the Vita.

I wonder about the controls - even with a PS4 controller sprinkling/sowing, etc. was a bit tricky (compared to using a mouse on a PC). And too bad it's not a cross-save as I invested quite a long time in the game but never finished certain tasks (like the museum collection), so starting from scratch is not necessarily something I want to do. But it's great that the PS4 digital copy owners don't have to buy the game again.

On 9/12/2017 at 3:33 AM, Virdeborn said:

Here's hoping it gets a physical release! And not through LRG. Would be nice if 505 Games got this one as well. They did a good job with the previous releases.

If you mean for the PS4, there's a physical version. If you mean Vita, idk.

I'm hoping PS4 gets the multiplayer update that the PC is getting. Does anyone know anything about that?

20 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

A bit of a late response but Stardew Valley has sprinklers for the crops (so they won't die, not even at the end of a season if you repair the greenhouse), and livestock can't die (it'll just stop being happy and producing milk/eggs/whatevs if you don't feed it enough).

Okay, sounds interesting! A game which doesn't punish you for neglecting your farm animals is always a good thing! However, I am already in an event that forbids you from buying new games so I might have to get this for my new account. ;)