The official thread of PSX 2017 dicussion

Soufwar

Man oh man it was a great show, so many games got updates, some new games were announced, news about the future of PlayStation as a whole and a new remaster as well, VR is going strong and Sony doesn't seem to be giving it the Vita treatment just yet. lets talk about all of this, what did you think about everything in the show? what was your favorite piece of news? do you think PlayStation is gonna blow 2017 out of the water with 2018? I am so excited about everything that was showed.....lets talk!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Sorry, but this is the most boring, pointless Sony show I've ever seen.

The fact that Sony shills VR while ignoring Vita says a lot about them and nothing of this lot is good.

And where's DMC5?

I agree this show absolutely sucked but VR is the future of gaming that's why they are pushing it and I'm certainly glad they are it is an absolutely amazing piece of tech that will only get better.

49 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

The fact that Sony shills VR while ignoring Vita says a lot about them and nothing of this lot is good.

The Vita is dead, Sony should've supported it but didn't and there is no defending them for that but it is over so there is no point to continue to complain about it. PSVR is constantly growing and is one of the best selling VR systems on the market, of course they're going to show more about PSVR than they are a dead handheld system. 

As for PSX itself, I enjoyed the conference. I liked the laid back atmosphere and even though I really seeing trailers more than anything else, I thought the conversation was interesting and worth the watch. 

Also MediEvil was announced. Fuck. Yes.

Parker

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

Man oh man it was a great show, so many games got updates, some new games were announced, news about the future of PlayStation as a whole and a new remaster as well, VR is going strong and Sony doesn't seem to be giving it the Vita treatment just yet. lets talk about all of this, what did you think about everything in the show? what was your favorite piece of news? do you think PlayStation is gonna blow 2017 out of the water with 2018? I am so excited about everything that was showed.....lets talk!

In the first year the Vita had, Uncharted, Modnation, Katamari, Gravity Rush, Resistance, Sound Shapes, Rayman Origins and Littlebigplanet....and the VR has...some tech demos.

I know Sony stopped supporting the Vita pretty quickly but this myth that the Vita had no games in its first year is crazy. I mean besides the ones I mentioned it also had  in the first year Escape Room, Hot Shots Golf, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Unit 13 etc etc etc. 

Sorry, that was just my small Vita rant :)

6 hours ago, Pokey said:

Apart from MediEvil being announced for PS4, I personally didn’t enjoy PSX too much talking and vr talk for me 

MediEvil was a nice surprise certainly and the announcement of the free VR update to WipeOut was cool, thats like a completely new way to experience the game, The Last Guardian free VR experience was cool too from Team Ico.  These announcements felt like Sony reaching out and saying sorry for all the shit we once made but we’re gonna get better. There’s also the PSN name change feature which will be pushed sometime next year and thats cool! There was so many announcements that were cool if you paid attention to all the talking. I personally loved this PSX and hope they continue down this path.