Getting close

DUST3YY__

• 10 months later...

I'm two levels away, and I can't wait to finish it. It's beyond tedious. Enjoyed the creepy atmosphere and heart pounding moments where you think you can hear footsteps above you/behind you, by the 5th level i'd grown bored of it. The idea of having an intelligent AI that learns as you play is a genius idea, but I'm sick to death of the Alien being almost tethered to you. You end up saving too often purely out of fear of losing your progress rather than the Alien itself.

I just finished the 16th level and I can say without doubt it's been the least fun i've had playing a game in a long time. The AI has become far too aggressive and considering the one hit KO nature of the beast, it's also become luck based. There's no skill or tactics to it, if the Alien decides to spawn near you and looks in your direction, you may aswell just reload your last save. I'm surprised how highly rated it is, each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

I'm two levels away, and I can't wait to finish it. It's beyond tedious. Enjoyed the creepy atmosphere and heart pounding moments where you think you can hear footsteps above you/behind you, by the 5th level i'd grown bored of it. The idea of having an intelligent AI that learns as you play is a genius idea, but I'm sick to death of the Alien being almost tethered to you. You end up saving too often purely out of fear of losing your progress rather than the Alien itself.

I just finished the 16th level and I can say without doubt it's been the least fun i've had playing a game in a long time. The AI has become far too aggressive and considering the one hit KO nature of the beast, it's also become luck based. There's no skill or tactics to it, if the Alien decides to spawn near you and looks in your direction, you may as well just reload your last save. I'm surprised how highly rated it is, each to their own I guess.

That's my thoughts in a nutshell. I thought this game was a nice idea but it quickly gets tedious, because of the poor A.I and a lame story that goes on way too long. If they had cut this down to a 5 or 6 hour game, then the pacing problems would have been much less pronounced and more tolerable.