Do I need a wheel for platinum?

JD-D2

Just looking for some thoughts. Some background: I have the notorious GT5 plat, but it's been a couple years since I really dug into a racing game, and previously I caved and bought a wheel for the Vettel challenges there. That one isn't compatible with the PS4, though, so I wanted to assess whether the state of online in GT Sport really requires you to get a wheel to get those 91 wins. I know I have at least some skill in me, but is getting by with a DualShock too tough?

Edited by JD-D2

Thanks, guys. Already got my first win in my third online race with the DS; I think if I just keep at it the other 90 will come over time. Good to know the challenges aren't insane this time. Never doing something like that Vettel Suzuka challenge again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 5:30 PM, JD-D2 said:

Thanks, guys. Already got my first win in my third online race with the DS; I think if I just keep at it the other 90 will come over time. Good to know the challenges aren't insane this time. Never doing something like that Vettel Suzuka challenge again.

I know how you feel, I'm doing it right now with  a DS3 haha

• 2 weeks later...

No you don't need a wheel.
But wheel and pedals helps. A lot.

Let's not mention the very precise nature of a steering wheel versus joystick controller. That's a given.
It is unlikely you will win online races without mastering throttle feathering with Traction Control System turned off (TCS=0) and also using manual gears since the Auto tends to leave the car in a higher gear than necessary, which provides poor acceleration at lower revs. Those of you struggling with lap times: Turn TCS to 1 or zero and note the improved acceleration out of corners and the seconds per lap you've just saved on every track.

• 3 weeks later...

I know at least 2 people that have the poles and wins trophies. They used a controller! I agree with @marco_cruise that you have to have mastered it, but it can be done. I haven't really tried much sport mode, though i got this game day one, but i will definitely use my wheel! No need to 'be a hero!'

15 minutes ago, Aaron_Tellez said:

El trofeo más difícil es alcanzar el nivel 50. Usar el error de experiencia fácil no funciona si el juego está en versión digital. Es eterno, tal vez tome meses jugar todos los días.

What have the XP glitch and reaching level 50 to do with the question whether to play with a wheel or controller?

And btw, inglés por favor :D

• Like 1

On 24/1/2018 at 1:06 PM, dalailama1989 said:

What have the XP glitch and reaching level 50 to do with the question whether to play with a wheel or controller?

And btw, inglés por favor :D

You can not use the glitch anymore ... It's more complicated for those who have the game in digital versión :(

18 minutes ago, Aaron_Tellez said:

You can not use the glitch anymore ... It's more complicated for those who have the game in digital versión :(

Its actually complicated for those with the disc too, because you cant save your progress without having the most recent update, as the level progression is saved on the server, not on the HDD. 

So as of now, getting to level 50 is gonna be a hell of a grind, much worse than before.

Edited by ScuderiaSect
added more

The fastest way that I know of is racing Blue Moon Bay in GT League. It is located in the Professional League under Premium Sports Lounge.

Use the KTM X-Bow R '12 which is an N300 class. Equip racing super soft tires before the race.

Winning with the 50% clean race bonus and a 150% car handicap bonus nets you 375,000 credits and 8250 experience. It will take less than 12:30 to

complete the race.