New Game +

det_gittes

I could usually reach the boss room after being 1-3 levels above the recommended level the game gives. In the meantime just farm weapons, there are fixed drops in the game, so just find the rooms that drop equipment and replay those until you can reach the boss room with all 6 characters alive and preferably with some potions.

• Like 1

Well, I finally platted it, but it took me way longer than I originally planned (it didn't help me that the silver trophy for level 1 spells glitched on me and I had to start over and play another 2-3 hours only to get it). It was fun for a while but definitely turned very grindy in the second playthrough.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2017-12-10 at 4:18 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

In the meantime just farm weapons, there are fixed drops in the game, so just find the rooms that drop equipment and replay those until you can reach the boss room with all 6 characters alive and preferably with some potions.

I’ve read this in a number of places, but it appears the drops only happen once. Am I missing something? Is there a way to “reset” levels?

27 minutes ago, visighost said:

I’ve read this in a number of places, but it appears the drops only happen once. Am I missing something? Is there a way to “reset” levels?

The only way I remember "resetting" a level was to use the emergency exit and start the level over again.

As far as drops go, I can't remember if they spawn in the same rooms once you emergency exit. I personally don't remember the drops happening multiple times in the same room but maybe they spawn in the room again once you level up a character?

17 hours ago, visighost said:

16 hours ago, Jason-d-b said:

The only way I remember "resetting" a level was to use the emergency exit and start the level over again.

As far as drops go, I can't remember if they spawn in the same rooms once you emergency exit. I personally don't remember the drops happening multiple times in the same room but maybe they spawn in the room again once you level up a character?

Yeah, exiting the level is the only way to reset the drops.

• 2 years later...

I found the most success playing exclusively as the Hierophant (Pharaoh), and spamming her overpowered Acid Mist spell (down+square) for the entire game. The initial transformation does absurd damage, you can finish off grounded enemies by hovering over them, and you're invincible for the duration. Following a level 7 rage attack with 3-4 Acid Mists destroys most bosses with ease.

Of course, you still have to grind each stage several times to level your party and find superior equipment, or they won't survive long enough to reach the boss. Unfortunately, the RPG elements matter more than your beat 'em up skills in this game.