det_gittes

New Game +

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a good strategy for NG+? I am slowly moving ahead but the enemies are very punishing - any suggestions which characters give you the greatest advantage?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just do a couple of screens at a time until you level up more. You might think "I can do one more screen" but you have to remember then you have to do one more screen going back to the exit as well.

 

Basically just grind out some levels and you will be fine.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could usually reach the boss room after being 1-3 levels above the recommended level the game gives. In the meantime just farm weapons, there are fixed drops in the game, so just find the rooms that drop equipment and replay those until you can reach the boss room with all 6 characters alive and preferably with some potions.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, it's going to be quite a long grind then, but at least there is no need to replay the missions. And, contrary to many negative statements about the game, I quite enjoy this mindless button spamming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grinding isn't that bad. I think I got the plat in like 15 hours total.

 

Good luck with the plat

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I finally platted it, but it took me way longer than I originally planned (it didn't help me that the silver trophy for level 1 spells glitched on me and I had to start over and play another 2-3 hours only to get it). It was fun for a while but definitely turned very grindy in the second playthrough.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 10:19 PM, Mr_-_GENERAL said:

i hate chapter 10 drakken badlands the worst level on the game

1f62d.png

 

I far preferred this level over Riptide Beach... those waves. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-10 at 4:18 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

In the meantime just farm weapons, there are fixed drops in the game, so just find the rooms that drop equipment and replay those until you can reach the boss room with all 6 characters alive and preferably with some potions.

 

I’ve read this in a number of places, but it appears the drops only happen once. Am I missing something? Is there a way to “reset” levels?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, visighost said:

 

I’ve read this in a number of places, but it appears the drops only happen once. Am I missing something? Is there a way to “reset” levels?

 

The only way I remember "resetting" a level was to use the emergency exit and start the level over again.

 

As far as drops go, I can't remember if they spawn in the same rooms once you emergency exit. I personally don't remember the drops happening multiple times in the same room but maybe they spawn in the room again once you level up a character?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, visighost said:

 

I’ve read this in a number of places, but it appears the drops only happen once. Am I missing something? Is there a way to “reset” levels?

 

16 hours ago, Jason-d-b said:

 

The only way I remember "resetting" a level was to use the emergency exit and start the level over again.

 

As far as drops go, I can't remember if they spawn in the same rooms once you emergency exit. I personally don't remember the drops happening multiple times in the same room but maybe they spawn in the room again once you level up a character?

Yeah, exiting the level is the only way to reset the drops.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the most success playing exclusively as the Hierophant (Pharaoh), and spamming her overpowered Acid Mist spell (down+square) for the entire game. The initial transformation does absurd damage, you can finish off grounded enemies by hovering over them, and you're invincible for the duration. Following a level 7 rage attack with 3-4 Acid Mists destroys most bosses with ease.

 

Of course, you still have to grind each stage several times to level your party and find superior equipment, or they won't survive long enough to reach the boss. Unfortunately, the RPG elements matter more than your beat 'em up skills in this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.