Disappointed

maniek515

Well is your opinion so we must respect, but is not that bad for what I remember playing.

Remember people think BoTW is a masterpiece and i hate the combat(hope was something cool like KH) and the stupid climb in that game(rain makes even more boring), my favorite game this year was Gravity Rush 2.

• Like 1

Most of the problems you listed here can be remedied by flicking some options in the settings menu. There are settings to change the marker system, as well as gamma and brightness settings to see better. Concerning the combat, it is certainly due to the over saturation of that style (seeing how you compared it to Shadow of Mordor). I for one, did start feeling some repetitiveness in the late game, but when don't you in any game? If you wanted more of a challenge or balance yourself out, you could have swapped out the armor. I don't know, just playing devil's advocate :devil:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I've never played Horizon, but I like how OP wrote a decent post about the things they disliked in the game and why, but everyone just says "No, it's good. You're wrong". Even the person with their youtube review channel in their signature isn't trying to refute any of those points.

Like guys if you're going to post in a thread like this then it's probably best to at least try to detail why you don't think OP's points are problems with the game, or why you enjoy the game despite it's faults. 

Who cares? It's nobody's obligation to argue against his points.

I wasn't planning on it, and won't now either because I don't feel like it and it's subjective so...

Spoiler

who cares.

@OP - I disagree.

HZD is one of the great games I played this year or in a long time. I love this sort of game! games similar would be Witcher3, Far Cry, Shadow Mordor, DragonAge Inquistion and man this game beats them all!! Well maybe not better than Witcher3. W3 is pretty badass. But w3 def had/felt like a lot of frames issue while HZD was darn smooth. I can only imagine how amazing the game feels with a Pro. HZD is a 8/10 for me! Would go higher if it wasn't so darn short oh and maybe add a co-op mode....

22 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Who cares? It's nobody's obligation to argue against his points.

I wasn't planning on it, and won't now either because I don't feel like it and it's subjective so...

Hide contents

who cares.

Read my username and you've answered your own question.

But in all seriousness though, why even bother to post in a forum if you don't want to actually discuss things? What's the point of writing a response to a thread like this if you don't have anything to say? Opinions about video games hardly matter anyway, but why even take the time to write something if you have nothing to say?  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Read my username and you've answered your own question.

But in all seriousness though, why even bother to post in a forum if you don't want to actually discuss things? What's the point of writing a response to a thread like this if you don't have anything to say? Opinions about video games hardly matter anyway, but why even take the time to write something if you have nothing to say?  

Saying you disagree is discussion. If you don't like it, then tough. Nobody has to elaborate just to make you feel better.

I 100% agree with the climbing part, don't get me wrong I mean during the climbing it felt slightly better than the uncharted series as you move Aloy to anything you can grabs on and and she will automatically jump at it and she's really fast on climbing too, though you need to jump manually if the gap is too far.

however, the uncharted series climbing is more natural, as you can pretty much jump on anything on a wall or a mountain and the character will grab at it, as in horizon there have to be a marked yellow or white paint for Aloy to grab hold on to, if there's no yellow or white paint then you have to climb the mountains the traditional way ..... keep jumping over and over like a rabbit hoping Aloy to land on a physical part and not sliding down till you reach the top.

at least it's much better than the Witcher 3 where on a steepy mountains geralt will automatically slide down or worse like in GTA5, as your character act like if they don't even have arms so they'll ended up tripping and falling on their face killing you in the process, at least aloy will stand still until you decide to slide down yourself.

I have no issues with the combat, if you're playing a lots of RPG's then it's pretty much not surprising the combat is repetitive so I kinda found it a bit funny when someone play an RPG or a JRPG then complaint that the battles and the combat system is very repetitive. the only thing I hate with the melee attacks is that aloy take ages to swing that weapon of her and sometime if you press the R1 next to an enemy the feedback felt so slow and sometimes aloy don't react.

in the end with all of this I actually really liked this game, personally it live up the hype, won game of the year or not I don't really care about those, from what I played this year horizon and uncharted the lost legacy were my GOTY........ I really need to play persona 5 T_T

This has been a really interesting topic to read as someone who hasn't yet played the game. From what I can tell, Horizon is a must play game for anyone with a PS4.

So it's nice to read a view from the other side. The best thing about Horizon, from what I've seen/read, is the graphics. I'm using a PS4 from the year of it's first release, so I won't be getting 4K quality when I play it, so I feel like I'll be getting very poor graphics(compared to most). That being said, I was really impressed with KillZone: Shadow Fall, but I'll be missing out unless I own the latest tech, which makes sense I guess.

Honestly, I've been waiting for the full game, or GOTY as they like to call it these days, and I'm really unsure of what I'll get out of it. Right now, I'd guess that I'd be playing a bog standard open world game, with pretty graphics.

You must be high if you were disappointed with Horizon. You must have played an unfinished version or something.

1 hour ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

This has been a really interesting topic to read as someone who hasn't yet played the game. From what I can tell, Horizon is a must play game for anyone with a PS4.

So it's nice to read a view from the other side. The best thing about Horizon, from what I've seen/read, is the graphics. I'm using a PS4 from the year of it's first release, so I won't be getting 4K quality when I play it, so I feel like I'll be getting very poor graphics(compared to most). That being said, I was really impressed with KillZone: Shadow Fall, but I'll be missing out unless I own the latest tech, which makes sense I guess.

Honestly, I've been waiting for the full game, or GOTY as they like to call it these days, and I'm really unsure of what I'll get out of it. Right now, I'd guess that I'd be playing a bog standard open world game, with pretty graphics.

The graphics aren’t the best part of Horizon, that’s like saying that about an Uncharted game, the Story is great, the gameplay is perfect. Anybody that says otherwise is just lying.

2 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

Never forget... "80% of mechanics is copypasted from Shadow of Mordor but done worse" !

Even aloy is actually the talion's little sister

Reveal hidden contents

OIr2As1.gif

That’s just moronic, nothing is ripped from Shadow of Mordor/War, that’s like saying every 3D game ripped off every other 3D game. 

There is so many moronic statements in this thread, it’s infuriating.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

Never forget... "80% of mechanics is copypasted from Shadow of Mordor but done worse" !

Even aloy is actually the talion's little sister

Reveal hidden contents

OIr2As1.gif

Your posts in this thread are like Nicolas Cage's movies. World would be better without them. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

Your posts in this thread are like Nicolas Cage's movies. World would be better without them. 

If this is your best answer: Im feel disappointed.
At least you managed to pass the game in ultra-hard ( with so much similarity, i suppose SoM has an identical difficulty)

7 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

If this is your best answer: Im feel disappointed.
At least you managed to pass the game in ultra-hard ( with so much similarity, i suppose SoM has an identical difficulty)

No, it doesn't and no, Aloy isn't Talion's daughter or sister or whatever. 

You picked this one specific sentence and bash it over and over again, any of your input here limits to Shadow of mordor similarity, class d jokes. 

If you have nothing to say, why don't you just let it go? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, maniek515 said:

1)Combat. I originally started game on normal difficulty and I felt fighting was awesome. It was fairly balanced and, in fact I got my ass kicked few times despite difficulty level when I started to act too bald.

I guess you were acting bold, not bald, lol. made me chuckle.

14 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

No, it doesn't and no, Aloy isn't Talion's daughter or sister or whatever. 

You picked this one specific sentence and bash it over and over again, any of your input here limits to Shadow of mordor similarity, class d jokes. 

If you have nothing to say, why don't you just let it go? 

why should i respond to your comment directly if you don't explain to all users why you think the game mechanics is copypasted from SoM? it's the same thing i create a topic to say that nioh is a copypaste of dark souls without saying anything else.. but you know this kind of topics is cute, reminds me ign forums
but why do not i let it go? :D 

Edited by Rose Amicitia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, maniek515 said:

So you counter it with a pointless reply. Makes sense.

Anyway, thanks for your review. Makes me think twice before getting it. I see the community for this game is real sensitive when it comes to pointing out flaws, so I’ll probably just play it myself and see what the hype is even about.

Edited by Dark
Didn’t recognise OP.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

why should i respond to your comment directly if you don't explain to all users why you think the game mechanics is copypasted from SoM? it's the same thing i create a topic to say that nioh is a copypaste of dark souls without saying anything else.. but you know this kind of topics is cute, reminds me ign forums
but why do not i let it go? :D 

Actually I did explain in latter post. Look harder. 

17 minutes ago, Dark said:

I see the community for this game is real sensitive when it comes to pointing out flaws

Isn't that true for any fanbase though? Try making a thread saying that games from Naughty Dog aren't perfect in each and every way.

It's really sad when people call someone 'wrong' or even 'moronic' just for not liking a popular game.

• Like 4