Disappointed

maniek515

12 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

No one forced you to bring your opinion here.  I disagree with them.  If that's "manhandling" to you, I'd recommend a journal or a blog with the comments disabled or something.

Also, I think it's quite clear that HZD is a well regarded game.  I don't like The Witcher 3 for reasons most would consider trite but I still acknowledge its impact on the industry.  Step out of your safe space every once and a while, the world is an interesting place.

Just like noone forced to reply. Where was I supposed to do it if not here? 

Oh and thanks for personal advices. You can shove them up your.. I guess you know where...

Good riddance. 

5 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

Just like noone forced to reply. Where was I supposed to do it if not here?

If you're that afraid of people disagreeing with you, I'd suggest writing your reviews in a personal journal or diary.  Or start a blog, with commenting disabled so no one has the ability to question you.

If you can handle that people might see things differently than you, and are willing to accept yours or others opinions can actually be questioned, then any public internet spot would probably do.

Edited by Dreakon13

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

If you're that afraid of people disagreeing with you, I'd suggest writing your reviews in a personal journal or diary.  Or start a blog, with commenting disabled so no one has the ability to question you.

If you can handle that people might see things differently than you, and are willing to accept yours or others opinions can actually be questioned, then any public internet spot would probably do.

I was going to put a gif of someone digging a hole for themselves, but i'll refrain. I really appreciate the initial veiled name calling followed by the direct name calling towards me though :). I don't think i've seen someone sabotage themselves so heavily while trying to make a point before. I tip my hat to you good sir.

I'm going to step away from this now to avoid the ridiculousness of all this and let people with things to say get back to the topic at hand, the conversation was good and it's a shame it's getting derailed because of this.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I was going to put a gif of someone digging a hole for themselves, but i'll refrain. I really appreciate the initial veiled name calling followed by the direct name calling towards me though :). I don't think i've seen someone sabotage themselves so heavily while trying to make a point before. I tip my hat to you good sir.

I'm going to assume you're implying that I can't handle my opinions being questioned.  The funny thing is, I actually love getting into a good disagreement and I've been in plenty of heated ones where both sides ended up agreeing and understanding eachother.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone hides behind "b- but it's my opinion, you can't disagree with it, I just wanted to post something quick and watch people pat me on the back for it" and it ends there or... again... shitty meme's and one liners to do their arguing for them.  At this point, the conversation is basically over.  So sure, I might as well throw a few insults around before I shower up and get ready for the day.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

I'm going to assume your implying that I can't handle my opinions being questioned.  The funny thing is, I actually love getting into a good disagreement and I've been in plenty of heated ones where both sides ended up agreeing and understanding eachother.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone hides behind "b- but it's my opinion, you can't disagree with it, I just wanted to post something quick and watch people pat me on the back for it" and it ends there or... again... shitty meme's and one liners to do their arguing for them.  At this point, the conversation is basically over.  So sure, I might as well throw a few insults around before I shower up and get ready for the day.

I agree, it's really worth doing as much damage to yourself as possible before moving on :)

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I agree, it's really worth doing as much damage to yourself as possible before moving on :)

Damage?  Worth it?  Don't overestimate how important this site, my opinions here, or your opinions here, are in the grand scheme of things. ;)

EDIT: Caring too much about social media reputations leads to trouble.  Remember that, kids.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Wow, did this thread explode.

Okay, back on topic...

3 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

To be honest I love open world games like this, but horizon really didnt click with me 

Did you finish the game? If not, how far did you get? I got a bit bummed at first but I started loving the game a couple of story revelations in.

Well some ppl have bad taste, but giving 6,5 isnt fair. The game is one of the list for Game of the Year on THE GAME AWARDS 2017 together with 

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo EPD / Nintendo) - Winner
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games / Sony Interactive Entertainment)
  • Persona 5 (Atlus)
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG Corp.)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo EPD / Nintendo)

Not only that category but the game show in others too.

Combat is nice, can be repetitive if YOU allow it. there is a plenty of weapons, tactics and different approachs. I.E. You use the same weapon all the game, without stealth, without traps, etc.

Navigation: sorry but i never heard anyone complaining about this point, and i looked at least 10 big website reviews for that game bcz i was too hyper before buying. Personally, i think they did great for that, and if you need a detailed minimap or something like that to play a game, maybe the problem is you not the game itself. Have you tried the custom marker? NO, right? i use that function in every game, its easy and helpful.

Climbing: Is not that bad, but could be improved. some issues that can be ignored.

Edited by ivangutjahr

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd love to make a poignant point against some of these, as some people around here insist we must as opposed to simply disagreeing and moving on, which is being condemned for some reason...

I didn't tell people that they had to do anything. I said "maybe it's best to at least try". I'm not condemning or policing anyone here, I just suggested that it would be better and more constructive to try it. I genuinely don't understand why that's making anyone upset. This is seriously the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever tried to sass me for. 

You can do whatever you want dude. If you're that worried about my opinion, then please read my username again. 

• Like 3

Man, if this guy gives HZD a 6.5 for all of it's "flaws" I can't wait to see what he says about the upcoming Spiderman. ?

Saying this game is copy pasted from SoM is like saying every FPS is copy pasted from CoD. It's already been said, but most games these days share at least a little bit of a common ground. What makes them all different is their each individual characters and story.

I haven't yet played HZD but I was told by my source who works at the North Pole that a jolly fat guy may leave it under the tree this year. ? So I'll really form my own opinion on it once I start playing it.

I'm not gonna dump on your opinion OP, you have the right to feel the way you do, but not everyone may agree with you. Especially since this is one of the best PS exclusives we got this year leading to the massive group of exclusives next year.

Happy holidays everyone!!

• Like 1

I'm going to ignore a good portion of the thread and go back to the original topic. ?

Looking at my trophies, it seems like I got about 25-30% through the story missions before I gave up (at least for now). The game felt pretty by-the-numbers for an open world game (climb this thing, get icons on the map, go to all of the icons, eventually progress the story a bit and repeat) and the story must get better later on if so many people are raving about it, but it didn't get its hooks into me like I'd hoped it would. I can tell it's a good game, but maybe it's just not for me or maybe I'm just tired of open world games. I dunno.

My biggest gripe is to do with items: constraining item selection to the d-pad was a terrible choice, IMO. Trying to select a specific item in the middle of a fight is tedious at best and "deadly" at worst. Put them on R1 as an item wheel (much like the weapons) and make R2 the light and heavy melee attacks - press for light, hold for heavy. Apparently AC:O did something similar for their attacks (haven't played it yet), which I can't fathom; games have used the same button for multiple things for years based on the length of the button press, so I'm not sure why new games are suddenly changing that.

Edited by Einigkeit

1 hour ago, Rindemya said:

If the Shield Weaver armor makes the game too easy in your opinion, don't use it then? It's not like the game forces you to use it

My thoughts exactly! Its like saying saying teleports ruin a game...well..you got other options. Really! I never abuse instant travel unless well its total opposite of a map and it would take 30mins to ride over...but really, just dont use it.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Uhh, since when? Are you guys using the IGN scale? :P 5 is average. You know, the middle number... 

Since game scores aren't on a bell-curve around 5, 5 wouldn't be either the average or the median, it's just the middle number.

Since most reviews are high, saying that 7-7.5 is a bit high, it's more around 6.5-7. There are barely ever reviews under 5- not nearly enough to balance the amounts of 8's and 10's.

Example: On an assignment, 50% would be the middle grade. However, most people get around B, which is around 80% so that's the median. However, if we have people getting 0's on the assignment, the average may be a bit lower, like a 75%, since that's sensitive to extremes.

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

Since game scores aren't on a bell-curve around 5, 5 wouldn't be either the average or the median, it's just the middle number.

Since most reviews are high, saying that 7-7.5 is a bit high, it's more around 6.5-7. There are barely ever reviews under 5- not nearly enough to balance the amounts of 8's and 10's.

Example: On an assignment, 50% would be the middle grade. However, most people get around B, which is around 80% so that's the median. However, if we have people getting 0's on the assignment, the average may be a bit lower, like a 75%, since that's sensitive to extremes.

I think you're getting a bit confused. I didn't say 5 is the average review score given to a game; we all know sites that review games rarely give "low" scores. What I'm saying is that the #5 represents the score for an average game. It's neither bad (0-4) or good/great (6-10).

I respect OPs opinion and i believe they’re entitled to have it. However, the reason why i feel they feel this way is because Horizon didnt bring anything new to the table, the game is like a mix of all the good things about open world games in the last 10 years, Ubisoft towers: check. Climbing: check. Crafting: check. Exploration: check...i can keep going but you get the idea. This game is good because it combines everything into a sweet mix, i do believe that making new game + and making people have to play through it again for the trophies was a bad idea, they should’ve added new game + but not have trophy support for it. This game is meant to be played once and moving on to think about how good the graphics looked after. 

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

I think you're getting a bit confused. I didn't say 5 is the average review score given to a game; we all know sites that review games rarely give "low" scores. What I'm saying is that the #5 represents the score for an average game. It's neither bad (0-4) or good/great (6-10).

But that doesn't make sense since an 'average' game sound receive an 'average' review score, which is 6.5-7. So a game rated  '5' would be a below-average game and a game rated '6.5' would be an average game. 

I feel a bit stupid and like I'm misunderstanding something simple right now. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

15 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

But that doesn't make sense since an 'average' game sound receive an 'average' review score, which is 6.5-7. So a game rated  '5' would be a below-average game and a game rated '6.5' would be an average game.

I am in the same boat as Kittet3. I am always used to having 7/10 as average or good enough or a B, etc. That's average to me. 5/10 implies that it's borderline a failure which is certainly not the case for an average game. I don't know maybe review scores operate differently than other types of scores but to me a 5/10 means the game is total garbage. 

• Like 1