Cheesing King of the Hill and Endless Joust

bladesoframen

This game has a major glitch with hibernate, and assuming that it doesn't get patched, it can really help you finish some of the harder matches in the game.

The glitch is that if you hibernate your ps4 while a match is running, the match will continue to run, but no one can summon anything. (Whether or not the stuff on the field will continue to move hasn't been tested, but if they do, this can be major for some of the other trophies.)

King of the Hill:

Run a 3 item setup like Sand, Steam, and Fire, summoning everything, and then sleep your ps4. will net you easy victories regardless of the difficulty. Because of your territory advantage from quickly summoning things, you can put your PS4 into sleep mode, wait 2 minutes, and turn it back on. Assuming you waited long enough, you'll get a message saying that you won netting you easy victories regardless of the difficulty.

Endless Joust:
Just start up the match, put your PS4 to sleep, and wait the amount of time required by the mission. After waiting, turn on your PS4 to see yourself at full life with a lot of time already passed on the counter. Now, you just need to wait for the opponent to finish you off to claim your victory.

Using this glitch will allow you to easily to claim some of the hardest trophies in the game :gold: KotH Perfection and :gold: Endless Perfection, as well as easily let you grind to level 30.

Warning: Both KotH Mastery and Endless Mastery trophies have glitched on me before, so please backup your save right before the point where they trigger (I recommend backing up for most trophies because before the devs released a patch, there were a few other trophies that had minor bugs, and I don't really know how much the devs fixed)

Edited by bladesoframen
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

nice tip, this will be handy dandy

now to just figure out how to pop the more obscure trophies like Slapocalypse and hitting the enemy Tower ground level with a flying Elemental

p.s. why'd u give up on the AS stack :( 

Edited by Trope Hore

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, Trope Hore said:

nice tip, this will be handy dandy

now to just figure out how to pop the more obscure trophies like Slapocalypse and hitting the enemy Tower ground level with a flying Elemental

p.s. why'd u give up on the AS stack :( 

Wow, I haven't checked these forums in a while.

Slapocalypse, iirc, is 10 or 15 slaps in a very short while. as a result, it is pretty much the same strategy as Extinction. Blow elements back until you have a big enough amount to cause a huge wave to cause a Slapocalypse.

Low Flight, just use gravity to bring a cloud down.

Remember, local multiplayer is good for setting most of these acheivements up.

As for the AS stack, I honestly became very disinterested in trophies, so I stopped caring to do stacks of this game since it isn't that fun for me. I actually have a decent amount done in the Asian stack, but I'm way too lazy to finish it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:09 PM, bladesoframen said:

Slapocalypse, iirc, is 10 or 15 slaps in a very short while. as a result, it is pretty much the same strategy as Extinction. Blow elements back until you have a big enough amount to cause a huge wave to cause a Slapocalypse.

As for the AS stack, I honestly became very disinterested in trophies, so I stopped caring to do stacks of this game since it isn't that fun for me. I actually have a decent amount done in the Asian stack, but I'm way too lazy to finish it.

Hi!Also I met with two Mastery trophies glitch. Although I repeatedly loaded the backup save and tried again, they didn't pop. Will it pop if I launch a completely new game?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 9:59 AM, viligas96 said:

Hi!Also I met with two Mastery trophies glitch. Although I repeatedly loaded the backup save and tried again, they didn't pop. Will it pop if I launch a completely new game?

For myself, I started the 2nd save file and cleared the game to the point where I could get the glitched masteries, so it was a pretty annoying time commitment. However, I did get them in the end.

3 hours ago, bladesoframen said:

For myself, I started the 2nd save file and cleared the game to the point where I could get the glitched masteries, so it was a pretty annoying time commitment. However, I did get them in the end.

Thanks and I got them eventually too.

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 5:09 PM, bladesoframen said:

Hey @bladesoframen these forums have been inactive for a very long time but I was wondering if the glitch you mentioned at the start ever got patched out?

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:21 AM, DiabloFlashS said:

Hey @bladesoframen these forums have been inactive for a very long time but I was wondering if the glitch you mentioned at the start ever got patched out?

Used it on September/October 2021 and it worked flawlessly...so it should work still. Good luck buddy

• 2 months later...