EU store game is the US edition

charlijaen

I was curious about it, keeping in mind that the EU version autosave was glitched I was worried about Sony not fixing it for EU, and they just came out with the easiest solution, which is selling the US edition in EU stores.

I browsed US store and EU store on PC and both their gamecode is SCUS97429

I kind of figured considering the Sony Computer Entertainment America logo came up at the start, which I'm fairly sure was Europe in the original release. At least they had enough sense to do that after the debacle last time. Wish Capcom would have had this much common sense when releasing Code Veronica X on PS4 for PAL territories. 

2 hours ago, charlijaen said:

I was curious about it, keeping in mind that the EU version autosave was glitched I was worried about Sony not fixing it for EU, and they just came out with the easiest solution, which is selling the US edition in EU stores.

I browsed US store and EU store on PC and both their gamecode is SCUS97429

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I kind of figured considering the Sony Computer Entertainment America logo came up at the start, which I'm fairly sure was Europe in the original release. At least they had enough sense to do that after the debacle last time. Wish Capcom would have had this much common sense when releasing Code Veronica X on PS4 for PAL territories. 

Ok so whatever the reason, the save glitch wasn't it, according to one of the leads on the port the save glitch was never a software issue to begin with, save glitch was a hardware issue so wouldn't have caused an issue on PS4. 

So why it's the NTSC version is actually rather curious.

43 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

What is wrong with Code Veronica X on PAL edition?

I never heard of anything bad about it.

I believe the PAL version runs at a lower framerate than the NTSC version making some modes/trophies a lot more difficult to complete.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-hd/309189-warning-eu-pal-platinum-pretty-much-unobtainable.html

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RaisingTheBarr said:

Ok so whatever the reason, the save glitch wasn't it, according to one of the leads on the port the save glitch was never a software issue to begin with, save glitch was a hardware issue so wouldn't have caused an issue on PS4. 

How can it be a hardware issue if America copy was glitched too and they retired it from shops and replaced it with the patched edition?

What hardware issue could it be? Memory cards issue or consoles issue?

On 12/11/2017 at 0:56 AM, RaisingTheBarr said:

Yes, a hardware glitch experienced by a lot of people caused by this one game and nothing else. ?

26 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Yes, a hardware glitch experienced by a lot of people caused by this one game and nothing else. 1f611.png

Well there were PS2 games with compatibility issues on certain PS2 models. Yeah i really write that.

Differences? Well the US version probably lacks German and Italian languages. Maybe a higher refresh rate? (does that thing still exist on PS4? lol)

On 12/11/2017 at 9:20 AM, Lance_87 said:

Well there were PS2 games with compatibility issues on certain PS2 models. Yeah i really write that.

Differences? Well the US version probably lacks German and Italian languages. Maybe a higher refresh rate? (does that thing still exist on PS4? lol)

US version has all languages that the game would have.

39 minutes ago, LikeABossDude589 said:

What do you mean?

On PS2 times they had to fit the whole game into a DVD, so every couple of countries normally had their own disc.

Other games could fit in the Multi 5 languages in a DVD but not every game.

Also, normally the US versions were English only and sometimes French too (for Québec in the Canadian edition).

Edited by charlijaen

1 hour ago, LikeABossDude589 said:

Well duh PAL games had more languages (or one language for each country... *sigh*), US games only had English, sometimes French and Spanish, too.

Hopefully things have changed with the generation(s) after that in most cases. I've even found US games with EFIGS languages, if not more.

Edited by Lance_87

The PS4 version of The Precursor Legacy had major issues when they updated the PAL version (before they released a fix) - its possible that this also played a role in them choosing the NTSC version instead of the PAL version (it makes sense given that the PS4 is multiregional) - but its most likely because of the save file glitch

12 hours ago, Divewinds said:

The PS4 version of The Precursor Legacy had major issues when they updated the PAL version (before they released a fix) - its possible that this also played a role in them choosing the NTSC version instead of the PAL version (it makes sense given that the PS4 is multiregional) - but its most likely because of the save file glitch

They changed a game to another region because ANOTHER game had unrelated glitches? Precursor Legacy didn't have a savefile glitch AFAIK.

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

They changed a game to another region because ANOTHER game had unrelated glitches? Precursor Legacy didn't have a savefile glitch AFAIK.

Precursor's legacy on EU store v1.00 was good but Sony patched it to enable some 'improvements' and resulted in fatal bugs, later on they patched again to revert the issues.

Jak X (PAL version), as we have said before, has an autosave bug that corrupts the savefile almost every time you save. NTSC version's early copies also had the same issue, but they retired them and re-released the game patched.

We guess that in order to avoid the issue, Sony decided to release the NTSC version of Jak X on the EU for the PS4 emulation program.

• Like 1