Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Coming May 2018

29 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Kind of glad I didn't get the one with the Ryu statue now. I hope they each have trophies, but that's likely asking too much.

If it has a download code, I'll probably wait for a digital sale though. Still, exciiiiiiite.

What's the difference between this collection and the one with the Ryu statue? Also, I have the latter collection, still unopened (the one where he is in his Shoryuken pose).

Edited by GarciaFever

The original Street Fighter game made a splash when it released but the impact wasn't as big as the description states otherwise.

Street Fighter II was the game that changed the fighting genre. It featured very fluid combat and mastering the game was very difficult. It was a huge hit, and when it was ported to home consoles from the arcade original it solid millions of copies. The various sequels that followed, one of which featured four new fighters and another one that allowed the four bosses to be playable, were enough to keep kids and fans hooked for years onwards.

But.... I absolutely suck at fighting games.

We'll see where this goes. Knowing Capcom and their recent collections, this probably won't get a platinum or a single gold trophy, mostly going to be bronze trophies with a few silvers.

2 hours ago, chellesan said:

Nice that we getting the original streetfighter to, I never played it

Not missing much. It's nice that they're including it for completion's sake but it's a terrible game. Hopefully its trophies won't require much effort, otherwise I can see it causing a lot of trouble for those going for the Platinum trophy (or 100%, whichever it'll be).

Also, this year is the 30th anniversary. Not next year. But previous anniversary celebrations have been off too. They must be terrible at math over at Capcom HQ :P

5 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

What's the difference between this collection and the one with the Ryu statue? Also, I have the latter collection, still unopened (the one where he is in his Shoryuken pose).

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_25th_Anniversary_-_Collector's_Set

copy paste dump

Spoiler

ContentEdit

X360 exclusive DLCEdit

This section is currently incomplete.
Please assist the Street Fighter Wiki,
and complete the section if you can.

PS3 exclusive DLCEdit