Shantae: Friends to the End DLC

ThiophenSJ

Hey everyone,

the DLC trophies have been on the PSN for quite a while now, now they are also on psnprofiles and the first few achievers can be seen.

I can't find the DLC in PSN store though, so I suppose these early dlc players are kickstarter backers with early access? Does anyone know when the dlc will be available for public?

Edited by ShadowStefan

Played and finished the Friends to the End DLC now.

Is it just me, have I become incredibly bad, or is this DLC really hard? With no additional hearts and no strength upgrades (in comparison to the base game and Risky DLC), this DLC seems really difficult to me. On top the platforming with the individual skills of Bolo, Sky and Rotty seem quite tight.

I finished my first playthrough in 2:10 with 100% items. Got 2 ending screens for completing the game and 100%, so I met neither the speedrun time nor the 100% speedrun time. Anyone knows how those are set?

Edited by ShadowStefan

6 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Is it just me, have I become incredibly bad, or is this DLC really hard? With no additional hearts and no strength upgrades (in comparison to the base game and Risky DLC), this DLC seems really difficult to me. On top the platforming with the individual skills of Bolo, Sky and Rotty seem quite tight.

Im glad im not alone in this. I have had so many game overs so far its shocking and im pretty sure I never got a a game over on the main game and riskys DLC. 

17 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

I finished my first playthrough in 2:10 with 100% items. Got 2 ending screens for completing the game and 100%, so I met neither the speedrun time nor the 100% speedrun time. Anyone knows how those are set?

Did a second playthrough now, 100% in 1:21. This time I got three ending screens (Game Clear, 100% and 100% speedrun). No trophy though. My guess is that the 100% speedrun time is 1:30 and the normal speedrun timelimit might be an hour... which would be really hard!

3 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

I heard the time might actually be 1:15 which is a little more leeway; someone reported getting speed run screen with a time of 1:02

I‘ve beaten the dlc in ~56 minutes now, I even still made some mistakes, and I got my last missing ending screen and the trophy. :) 

Edited by ShadowStefan

On 12/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, gamerrob25 said:

Im glad im not alone in this. I have had so many game overs so far its shocking and im pretty sure I never got a a game over on the main game and riskys DLC. 

This DLC is really hard. The dual baron boss fight is ridiculously unfair. I'm getting bored with the repetition of bosses and levels. Only good thing in this DLC is the changed music (they took the ones from Pirate's curse) and new voices. Either way this DLC is for the hardcore players. I'll try to get all trophies, but will not regret passing on them. The one for making Sky's bird fly for 1 minute makes no sense. 

On 12/14/2017 at 9:10 AM, KyonKuchiki said:

I heard the time might actually be 1:15 which is a little more leeway; someone reported getting speed run screen with a time of 1:02

I got all four ending screens with a time of 1:05:05 confirming that the limit is at least greater than that. I would agree that the limit is probably 1:10 or 1:15.

On 15/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, Reala_kira said:

This DLC is really hard. The dual baron boss fight is ridiculously unfair. I'm getting bored with the repetition of bosses and levels. Only good thing in this DLC is the changed music (they took the ones from Pirate's curse) and new voices. Either way this DLC is for the hardcore players. I'll try to get all trophies, but will not regret passing on them. The one for making Sky's bird fly for 1 minute makes no sense. 

Yea I got bored of it now as its the same game with tiny differences maybe after playing shovel knight dlc I was expecting something like that feeling sooooo much different or maybe I was being to greedy. I got all the trophies now it didn't feel so bad when playing the second time doing the speedrun. But yea that bird trophy took awhile was so stressful 

i finished the trophy true end speed run , 1H13 minutes , but it's really hard to do , i can give some tips 

1st boss hit the bell with bolo and up fast for trow the barril hit the boss with rottytops the zombie

2nd boss use bolo for up fast for broken the chains lock the boss , 2 nd phase use the magic bolo for hit the boss without up the jumps with circle button and L3 dirrection

3rd boss is easy no need tips 

4 rd boss ammo barron at the last phase he have very very soldiers but you can dodge all if you go left or right side ( use sky for hit the soldiers and rottytops for jump and hit the boss when he fly) 

5 rd boss squid and the mage use rottytops for start for hit fast squid boss , on 2 nd phase you can hit squid boss when he have trow the aoe green , for the mage flying use sky and push down for try dodge when he fly over your head

6 rd boss for the last boss shantae darkness use only rottytops , she have one weakness after she attack you with one magic she load the next transform it's the perfect times for rottytops to hit 4-5 times the boss , when shantae fly and try to hit you to left to right use the head invincibility for try hit the boss when you trow the head it's a short dmg bonus , but the perfect time to hit shantae is when she dance for try transform the next form

Good luck because with the tips it's really hard , the good thing is you can use one save USB for try doing fast if you failed just leave the party and load the save , watch youtube and try do the same or better. it's really hard.  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...