Turning Tides dlc trophy thoughts

Ripper

Just seen the Turning Tides dlc trophies:

’Rough Seas’ - road kill in a sea vehicle.

’Serve with honour’ - complete 1 service assignment.

’Become Operational’ - Complete Gallipoli Operation.

’The Power in These Waters’ - 15 kills with L-class destroyer

’Naval Weapons Collection’ - a kill with all weapon variants.

Wondered what everyone though of the new list? I’m happy they brought back a roadkill trophy into Battlefield. Completing the operation and service assignments shouldn’t be a problem, just wonder how long it will take to get ‘Naval Weapons Collection’. As they are splitting this dlc into 2 instalments between now and January, I wonder if we will have to wait for the second instalment before we can earn this trophy?

• Like 1

It seems easier than the Tsar DLC.

The weapon unlocks are not as ludicrous as the Tsar unlocks. For the roadkill trophy, I'm not sure how that would happen for the current 2 DLC maps but it can be obtainable on any map that has sea vehicles.

Edited by ipot_04

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Do you have to download this DLC or is it automatic because I can't find the dlc in the store and yes I own the season pass.  It isn't in the store and when i open the game it only lists the 1st two expansions?  

Was gonna ask the same thing, cant find it in the EU store (didnt check us yet). I mean usually you have to install it from the store even if it's already downloaded.

Kinda dont wanna play more MP if i cant make progress for this dlc.

Dont wanna start a new topic so i hope for quick help here :)

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Do you have to download this DLC or is it automatic because I can't find the dlc in the store and yes I own the season pass.  It isn't in the store and when i open the game it only lists the 1st two expansions?  

21 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Was gonna ask the same thing, cant find it in the EU store (didnt check us yet). I mean usually you have to install it from the store even if it's already downloaded.

I manually pressed check for updates and it downloaded for me! Could be worth trying out! :)

2 hours ago, Liioni said:

Oh that sucks :(

No idea then sadly! Let us know if you figure it out! :)

Well i was hoping somebody here might've already done that :P

I know the EU store often has dlc a few days later than announced (telltale episodes) without explanation. Or maybe that's just the swiss store cause we have a different currency.

Anyway gonna finish up the Singleplayer trophies for now and get the plat, maybe it's up until then.

Otherwise i'll just contact support.

5 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

enable automatic downloads and it will automatically download the DLC for you as everyone gets the DLC added as a update if you have the season pass or not. You can only access it however if you hold the season pass or have paid for that DLC 

• Like 1

Well i just finished the new operation and i can select the game modes. It's just wierd that it doesnt show up in my expansions.

But yeah, like @DarkSoleride says, apparantly it got installed with the update and if you have the season pass you can simply access it.

Can someone explain to me what the colored bar on top of every weapon (in the Weapons & Gadgets menu)?

Some of the dlc weapons have a gold bar which says "assignment award" and other dlc weapons a red one with the class rank 1 symbol and a lock.

It's both on weapons i havent unlocked yet so what does that mean? That confused me too

So far they seem pretty straightforward. I only got BF1 Revolution edition a few weeks ago so I'm playing catch-up with all the various DLC trophies while suffering as a Battlefield scrub and still have a lot to do.

• Serve With Honor and Become Operational are straightforward require minimal effort. Just complete any Service Assignment and play the Gallipoli Operation once (including joining a game in progress), boom done.
  • The Power in These Waters requires you to play Conquest on the Cape Helles map, play on the British side, and spawn on the L-Class Destroyer that appears from time to time. Depending on which gun you end up having access to, you can either fire shells at the mainland and hope to get kills that way, or shoot at passing airplanes and enemy boats to get kills. It will likely take you several matches to get this done since getting kills from the destroyer isn't that easy, and it often gets blown up rather quickly, especially if the first person to spawn on the ship (i.e. the driver) doesn't repair it regularly.
  • Rough Seas is a tough one at the moment since you need to use a boat to get a kill by hitting another player with it, and none of the maps in Turning Tides really accommodate that very well. I've read that the Empires Edge, Albion, and Fao Fortress are potential places where you can get this done.
  • Naval Weapons Collection is the usual series of weapon unlocks. I've heard that You need the Naval Sword for this as well so if that's true you will need to kill 15 swimming enemies and get 20 flag captures while in a boat, so that might complicate matters a bit.

As for DLC access, it's currently part of Battlefield Premium Early Access, so it won't appear in the store but is playable if you have Premium / Season Pass. For me in Canada, it was ready to go when I got home since the PS4 had automatically downloaded a patch which presumably activated the content. Turning Tides doesn't appear as "installed" in my menus, but the maps and weapons are all available for play, etc.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swotam said:

Naval Weapons Collection is the usual series of weapon unlocks. I've heard that you need the Naval Sword for this as well so if that's true you will need to kill 15 swimming enemies and get 20 flag captures while in a boat, so that might complicate matters a bit.

Hm, maybe destroying an enemy boat and killing the people on it counts?

EDIT: That's probably why an enemy boat was camping at our boat spawn and immediatley destroyed me while playing today.

As for flag capture, i know of at least one spot (before turning tides) where you can drive a boat far enough on land to reach a flag. But you'll probably have to get a new boat after every capture, and just getting the capture is gonna be an issue too.

Edited by thekiffer21

21 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

As for flag capture, i know of at least one spot (before turning tides) where you can drive a boat far enough on land to reach a flag. But you'll probably have to get a new boat after every capture, and just getting the capture is gonna be an issue too.

The best place for this (currently) is probably Conquest on Empire's Edge. Spawn in a boat and use it to capture the E flag by sitting in the water near the island that the flag is on. There's a white circle on the minimap surrounding the island, so as long as you are in this area you can get the capture. If you have a friend who plays you can spawn on opposite teams and just trade the flag back and forth.

• Like 1

I dont think naval sword is required. Turning Tides weapon trophy has same wording as in In Name of Tsar weapon trophy and I never unlocked melee weapons on that and still got trophy. 

Ofcourse I cant be certain as I havent yet unlocked all weapons on Turning Tides. 

1 minute ago, Kavatus said:

I dont think naval sword is required. Turning Tides weapon trophy has same wording as in In Name of Tsar weapon trophy and I never unlocked melee weapons on that and still got trophy. 

Ofcourse I cant be certain as I havent yet unlocked all weapons on Turning Tides. 

It is required, I played last night with a friend who had everything unlocked except the sword, and he didn't get the trophy until he got a sword kill.

The DLCs are not separate downloads, they're already included in the latest version of the game whether you have the Season Pass or not.

You will, however, need the Season Pass or the Revolution Edition if you want to play with the DLCs. They are not free DLCs.

Edited by ipot_04
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ipot_04 said:

The DLCs are not separate downloads, they're already included in the latest version of the game whether you have the Season Pass or not.

You will, however, need the Season Pass or the Revolution Edition if you want to play with the DLCs. They are not free DLCs.

You're a little late buddy, we already found that out. ;)

@Swotam I found today that the maps Albion and Fao's Fortress also have flags where the capture area reaches into the water (C on both i think).

Also the later map is good for the roadkill trophy. Since it has these swallow canals, players will often just quickly swim across. Just speed trough those until you get it. (Took me maybe 10 minutes of the match).

EDIT: forgot to add: the Roadkill didnt count as killing a swimming enemy.. (maybe he was already back on his feet, but i'm pretty sure i hit him in the middle of the canal).

Also i destroyed a boat with the Dreadnought and got about 3 or 4 kills but they didnt count either. I'm still at 0 out 15 swimming enemies. Looks like this one could be a bitch without boosting.

Any tipps on the L-Class destroyer? Apparently if you dont get it at the beginnig of the match it's pretty hard to get a free spot, plus i didnt see it get destroyed yet.

Also drivers tend to just get a position where they have a good shot, without caring about the gunners. (Spent 5 minutes looking at the backsite of our Dreadnought until the match ended, pretty annoying..)

Edited by thekiffer21

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 8:17 AM, thekiffer21 said:

You're a little late buddy, we already found that out. ;)

Any tipps on the L-Class destroyer? Apparently if you dont get it at the beginnig of the match it's pretty hard to get a free spot, plus i didnt see it get destroyed yet.

Also drivers tend to just get a position where they have a good shot, without caring about the gunners. (Spent 5 minutes looking at the backsite of our Dreadnought until the match ended, pretty annoying..)

Actually, it's not too difficult on Cape Helles in Operations. The destroyer periodically respawns on that map so be patient. It'll be a blue icon on the bottom of the map so everytime you die, look for it. It's easiest to try on the 2nd and 3rd attempts when the Dreadnought comes into play. There's at least two destroyers available in those attempts. When you acquire a naval gun, aim at the checkpoints and hit R1 to spot enemies. I can't stress it enough. It is imperative for you to spam R1 to find enemies. Once you see a red circle, fire away. I got 12 kills in one round that way.