Book of Ryu 1 in Volume 3

Semele_Siuan

The first book is oddly enough the book I'm having issues with in volume 3. I'm at level 150 and have the game's story done but only around 420 on rank 8, I've been fighting non-stop but the book doesn't seem to go up in rank as fast as it did in the other two games. Did anyone else experience this or am I just being paranoid and a bit impatient?

@RaveNScythE - I do surpise attacks more often then not and rengeki as soon as its possible. I did enough fighting that when I started volume 3 it started off at halfway through rank 7 but fighting hasn't really been a favorite thing to do.

@sepheroithisgod - I'm still working on items as well, rank 8 at 740 out of whatever is the max but once the forest of pain is finished or I fight the dopple I should get it finished pretty fast, but year constant fighting is boring but allows me to catch up on shows as little focus is needed once you start the fight.

Focus on finishing the Forest of Pain if you haven't already. Make sure you have the Demon Safe Shoes equipped. The shoes prevent enemies from aggroing you, so all of your encounters will be surprise attacks. You get those from completing the final goblin racing quest. 

Additionally, equip a weapon armor mod that allows for quick Rengeki or have Endrance in your party equipped with his legendary weapon (allows for quick Rengeki).

Keep your awakening set on Beast Awakening.

I used this set-up going through floors 50-100 of Forest of Pain and averaged 4-6 Rengekis and 1-2 Awakenings per encounter. That was enough for me to be able to max out book 1.

@JFGleason - The low level field surprise attacks worked well. Where I was focused on getting the bike book maxed out first the surprise fights that I'd started while riding didn't seem to count for books. Just wandering around on the fields was better then the dungeons as they were smaller, and easier to avoid getting detected. I actually didn't need to complete the Forest of Pain as I'd gotten enough fights by the time I'd gotten to the 40th floor. I was curious enough to keep playing it to see if it was as bad as the message boards back in 2007ish made it sound. Overall it really wasn't that bad, but at least the dungeon was well named.