Unlock requirement for Turning Tides weapons

stu_0089

• 1 month later...

EDIT: Okay it did work for me with just the Naval Cutlass so my initial worry was thankfully wrong. 

Me and my friends didn't play much of turning tides in december and decided to wait for the north sea maps before going all in for the trophies, but today one of them said that he got a kill with all the 9 weapons but didn't unlock the trophy. After some investigation I noticed that there were more melee weapons marked with "turning tides" than I had previously noticed. Ararebo, Grappling hook, Russian Axe (these three are puzzle weapons) and Ottoman Kirij with the latter requiring 3000 damage with infiltrator and 15 spot flare kills. I presume some of these were added with the north sea map patch.

So my question is, do you have to get a kill with them now as well to unlock the trophy? That seems extremely unfair to me. If thats the case, the trophy will be much harder to get now compared to before january 30th. I still have 4-5 weapons left so I don't know yet.

Can anyone confirm or deny this with their experience?

Edited by Rammstone

3 hours ago, Mezzixx said:

As I got the trophy AFTER North Sea update I can confirm the Naval Cutlass is the only melee weapon required for this trophy.

Thank you, thats what I needed to read. My friend still can't unlock it even with the Naval Cutlass so it must be an unfortunate bug he has run into.