Jens has some Plats

Jens

Hey, a Darkest Dungeon buddy! I actually didn't think the time limit was too bad in Stygian. The key is to make sure you're doing long dungeons. If you're only doing short dungeons, you're missing out on experience and loot. With proper planning, though, you should be able to beat DD4 by Week 80 or so.

I suggest you do the DLC on a separate playthrough. It does make the mid-game more interesting, but I can't imagine having to deal with that and Stygian at the same time.

• Like 1

@mannenntmichjens What you might consider is saving your finished NG playthrough (it should be saved up to DD4) and enabling the DLC on that file whenever you decide to begin it. This way, you'll already have several maxed out characters, presumably some of the best trinkets in the game, and lots of gold. That's the way I did it, and I imagine it would be easier than trying to deal with the Crimson Curse stuff in mid-game. It's actually not too horrendous, but the game doesn't really explain the mechanics very well... If you've watched a playthrough of it already, though, you should know what to expect!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mannenntmichjens said:

And besides Ni No Kuni 2 I'm considering the remake of Secret of Mana (because it releases exactly on my birthday and my girlfriend would be relieved to know something to get for me :P ), but atm I can't really get over the artstyle.... looks like an early Wii / Mii game......

I think I'm going to get the Secret of Mana remake too. I never played the original, but it looks like something I might enjoy.

You're right about the artwork, though. I just checked it out and...honestly, I think I prefer the SNES graphics. At least it's not as bad as what they did with Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. Is making games that look like they belong on a mobile device the new fad?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 11:31 AM, Jens said:

If I could delete Tekken 6's platinum... I think I would. Because this one right here is probably the game that started me going for platinums at all, so having it as platinum #1 would actually be really fitting

Hey, come on. Don't start an account summary on a note like that. It's that kind of attitude which is why Sony won't let you remove any trophy list that has a trophy earned on it. The fact that you got the hardest trophy on a game by complete serendipity is something to be proud of, not shun! :)

Interesting list. And don't put yourself down. If I was interested in it, I'm sure better people would love the list.

• Like 1

*sees the list*

Uh, you do know there are more emoji other than just the :P emoji, riiiiiiiight? <_<

All in all, I love your list. Glad you enjoyed Final Fantasy X and X-2 and platinumed all of the Kingdom Hearts games on PS3. I almost did Kingdom Hearts Final Mix for my very first account but the last trophy failed me because I hated the gummi ship missions. Glad they nerfed that trophy. :)

Anyways, can I recommend Shantae Half-Genie Hero. It's a really great Metroidvania and if you watch videos on it, you might fall in love. ;)

Also, try Cat Quest. It's really good.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jens said:

That's just the deep connection two people get when they did both of them, it sticks out forever. You entered a club without knowing it :D Did you have the pleasure to do the "absolutely unfair and almost unachievable" Dash Circuit unpatched? :P 

But to be honest 3D Dot is most likely the best platinum experience I had and Katamari.... is so bizarre that you kinda need that goal to work towards. Otherwise this game would have consumed my sanity :P 

No, I played the North American version in all its dumbed down requirements. I can't even imagine doing Dash Circuit B on the original version :o. 3D Dot Game Heroes is the answer I give every time someone says "what should I plat next" I just had so much fun playing the game (except dash circuit B ) and it was the first game I platted after I was told by someone to start building my completion up and stop not finishing games. Also that being said even Dash Circuit B had this weird Zen like quality that after I beat it I literally dropped the controller to the ground and stared at the TV. It was kind of weird ^_^

As for Katamari. It was the first game I rented for the PS2 and ever since then I have loved the series. It is just such a fun mess that it is the perfect relaxing game for me.

4 hours ago, Jens said:

I actually wouldn't have expected it, but almost everyone who finished 3D Dot Game Heroes has a very high opinion of it, even after such a long time. I thought that it just hit a certain part of my brain that I liked it that much, but it turns out that it's probably just really good in that regard :P And coming from you this recommendation is to be taken seriously about 3 times as much :o And I really don't want to sound braggadocious at all, but I can't recall having incredible problems with it. It took quite an amount of practice, sure, but once you hit that sweetspot on the long straight road down consistently (where you barely sneak through that tiny little turn without having to adjust twice in a VERY short amount of reaction time) that saved a bunch of time. Just chain that with a run with as little bumps as possible and there you go :P So i was quite shocked that they really added something crazy like 20 seconds (?) to the time... I needed 60 seconds and I just read something about 85, don't know if the second number is true tho, never played it after the patch.

And just to ease up on the "bragging".... I 100% used youtube for the tower defense, because I was too braindead to do it on my own ^_^

You got an additional 5 seconds with the North American patch but even still I beat it with 2 seconds to spare so technically I needed to be 3 seconds faster to get the Europe/Asia time :(

I really remember that time because (no joke) I turned off all the sound because it was distracting me, I sat on my footstool chair right in front of the tv and had an alarm go off so I would know if I missed the time and could just restart. I remember crossing the finish line and then hearing the beeping and I just dropped the controller realizing it was done ^_^ 

Also don't feel bad, I totally used a video for the tower defense. I have no patience for those type of games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...