Am I the only one who enjoyed this game?

Livingstone7728

i rented this game 3+ years ago and because I had just gotten a PS4 i had so many games to get to and skipped over this one. I recently rented again and gave it a chance despite the negative reviews and i was pleasantly surprised... it wasn't a GOTY or something I'd have sent $70 on but it wasn't terrible either... in fact i didn't mind it at all... enough so, that after realising it was a free PSN+ game awhile back on PS3, I platinum'd on both platforms... 

The game had a huge potential (after all it was a Thief IP) but holy hell, the story was so rabish that I barely finished it.

The worst thing is that they made something like sneaking into strangers houses and stealing their valuable stuff boring as hell :c

Visually and technically the game was alright but definitely could be better.

Edited by Skadanton

I don't understand the reviews this game received either. I thought it was a decent game that was fun while it lasted and some levels had a really good atmosphere so the feeling in this game was kind of unique. I'm not saying it was an amazing game or anything but it was above average in my opinion and I wouldn't mind a sequel.

Oh, and in the same kind of style, I enjoyed Thief way more than a Dishonored so maybe I'm just weird :P 

I didn't enjoy it and here's why:

1. Just from the title it's sounds like you're only trying to steal peoples valuables, and yes it is, but only the very first part of the game.

2. I didn't enjoy the gameplay

3. And it suddenly turned horror, which i'm not into.

Eh, it's a decent game with some potential that got hit with the usual "reboot backlash", as it nearly always happens.

Although fellow taffers seem to have mellowed out over time and now no longer wish for it to burn in the depths of hell.... it has its place within the community and the lore [as it's a soft reboot with a timeskip, not a clean slate] now, I guess. 

57 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

I didn't enjoy it and here's why:

1. Just from the title it's sounds like you're only trying to steal peoples valuables, and yes it is, but only the very first part of the game.

2. I didn't enjoy the gameplay

3. And it suddenly turned horror, which i'm not into.

You pretty much described all the theif games they all have mainly stealing stuff from people and buildings and they all kinda turn to horror later on. I remember when I was little playing on the PC up in the rafters shooting holy water arrows at zombies or vampires I forget which lol

1 hour ago, cckerberos said:

The backlash had less to do with the game being terrible and more to do with it not living up to the IP. 

^ This

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Oh, and in the same kind of style, I enjoyed Thief way more than a Dishonored so maybe I'm just weird :P 

^ And this

I haven't played any of the other Thief games before so I thought this one was pretty good, but most reviewers did so I guess that's why it got a bad score.

What's weird is Dishonored got a sequel and a stand alone dlc or something like that, while I thought the first game was way more boring and not as enjoyable as Thief.

To each their own I guess.

16 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Thief is in my PS3 backlog, and I do infrequently think about giving it a shot, but to be honest, it's not high on my list of to-play games.

Maybe one day, though.

It was in mine as well.. And having just platted the ps4 version I Figured now (with the maps, strategies and controls fresh in my mind) was probably the best time to tackle it... And don't get me wrong there are faaaaarrr better titles than this but it certainly wasn't unbearable as some people would have you believe

This is one of Looking Glass Studios best works and the new devs didnt live up to the name and hype of the IP, if they sold it without the name Thief slapped on it people wouldn’t have gave it the shit they gave it, this game is a 7/10 which is fine if you’re not slapping one of the 10/10 best PC games franchises ever made on its cover and expect people to like it! 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, Dead By Noon said:

I thought it was great, I don't understand the backlash, which this game surely didn't deserved. 

I enjoyed it from beginning to end, that's for sure.

its cause people wanted the original thief where this so called "git gud" policy kicks in